Billy Elliott

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

October 26th, 2008, 5:16 pm #1

Two cute pictures from "Billy Elliott" in the NY Times.

Julie

(Casey Whyland - Tessie in 30th Anniversary Tour - is to the far right)

Katherine
Katherine

October 26th, 2008, 9:47 pm #2

Are you sure that it is Casey Whyland? The boy in the bottom picture was one of the 3 original London Billy's, so I think that the bottom picture is from the original London cast....but there is a video on broadway.com backstage at Billy Elliot with Casey and her sister.

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

October 27th, 2008, 2:13 am #3

Julie

I was just in NYC and saw Billy Elliot... which is absolutely fabulous by the way... and that's an understatement!! The top picture is definatly the Broadway cast with Kiril Kulish. I have to agree with Katherine... the boy in the bottom picture is not one of the three boys that is currently playing the role of Billy on Broadway... which would mean that is probably a photo from the London production... although the girl does resemble Casey Wyland a bit.

Below is a link of an adoreable video taken by Gregory Jbara, who plays Billy's dad in the show. It is an interview of the 11 ballet girls (including Erin and Casey Wyland) in their dressing room after a rehersal. Too cute!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin ... 1873130207

anon
anon

October 27th, 2008, 2:25 am #4

That is a picture of the broadway cast. They do not use all of the girls in each scene. This is the scene where Billy is auditioning for the Royal School of Ballet, so the girls are supposed to be stereotypical ballerinas, not the ecclectic body types seen in a typical village dance school run by Mrs Wilkenson. Therefore, some of the "ballet girls" are not in this scene.

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

October 27th, 2008, 2:39 am #5

No doubt that the top photo is from the broadway cast and you're right, not all the ballet girls are in that picture...

I think the photo in question is the second of the two...is that one from or not from the broadway cast and is that in fact Casey Wyland in the picture?

Noel
Noel

October 27th, 2008, 3:33 am #6

Julie

It appears to me that Casey is the girl Stage Left to Kiril Kulish in the ensemble pictures about half way down the page here:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Ph ... t_20081002

fantastic5
fantastic5

October 27th, 2008, 3:42 am #7

yes! that is her... that was the finale on the first night of Previews.

Rachel
Rachel

October 27th, 2008, 8:42 pm #8

One of the Billys - Trent Kowalik - was in the West End production before getting cast in the Broadway production so that may be him in the second pic with Casey Whyland.

Rachel

Elin
Elin

October 27th, 2008, 9:00 pm #9

It's James Lomas, one of the original London Billys.

October 28th, 2008, 9:39 am #10

I was just in NYC and saw Billy Elliot... which is absolutely fabulous by the way... and that's an understatement!! The top picture is definatly the Broadway cast with Kiril Kulish. I have to agree with Katherine... the boy in the bottom picture is not one of the three boys that is currently playing the role of Billy on Broadway... which would mean that is probably a photo from the London production... although the girl does resemble Casey Wyland a bit.

Below is a link of an adoreable video taken by Gregory Jbara, who plays Billy's dad in the show. It is an interview of the 11 ballet girls (including Erin and Casey Wyland) in their dressing room after a rehersal. Too cute!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin ... 1873130207
As it's a blog, I think I'll go on watching.