Bill Berloni featured!!

Bill Berloni featured!!

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 28th, 2008, 9:24 pm #1

Hey, calling all you animal lovers...Bill Berloni is featured in the current issue of Best Friends magazine.(www.bestfriends.org). Best Friends is a sanctuary for abused and neglected animals in Utah. If the animals cannot be placed into permanant homes, the sanctuary raises them and keeps them for life. Amazing, huh?

The Michael Vick dogs were placed here after the group rescued them. The stupid "humane" society wanted to kill the surviving dogs, claiming they'd be too violent toward people.

HA! They proved everyone wrong.

But I digress. Check out the current issue and read all about Bill.
And if you're an animal lover, I encourage you to donate (either money or needed items) to Best Friends.

Yes, I went off-topic about a subject I'm passionate about. It relates to Annie in that Bill always uses shelter dogs and Best Friends is a sanctuary for abused animals. Please don't berate me for encouraging people to support such an organization.

Michelle
Michelle

March 28th, 2008, 11:57 pm #2

Thanks! I will check that out in my issue. As for the Humane Society wanting to destroy dogs that were used for fighting, I can't judge too much. I highly doubt most people will want to adopt a dog that was used in dog fighting, especially if they have children. I have seen the videos of dog fights, and it is not pretty. Of course, it is not the dogs' fault, since they are bred and raised to fight.

I am glad Best Friends was able to give them a home.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 30th, 2008, 11:55 pm #3

But we don't put kill children when they've been abused, neglected and suffer from post-traumatic stress. These dogs DO get better, with lots of patience and love and retraining. That is what Best Friends does.

While dog-fighting isn't pretty, I'd adopt one of these dogs in a nano-second.

Imagine if we killed every dog that was abused and neglected? We wouldn't have had any Sandys for all the Annie productions that have been done <---just to keep it on topic