audition help needed!

kate
kate

May 28th, 2008, 6:31 pm #1

Hey guys.
I'm abit stuck, I have an audition for a local production of thoroughly modern millie. I wondered if anyone knew much about the show? I don't know it! Its all very last minute, but if anyone has any info or tips on playing millie in particular?

Thanks guys

xxxxxxxxx

Zaneeta
Zaneeta

May 28th, 2008, 8:05 pm #2

Ya gotta be an excellent tapper for one...and Millie has sort of a wide range, she never exactly belts but should have a strong singing voice capable of being a soprano, in my opinion. The character of Millie has a quirky and funny sense of humor and is essentially figuring out who she is and what she wants. I'm sure you could google the show and find a full synopsis...and I would recommend purchasing the libretto and/or cd before the audition and going through some of her songs...and practice your tapping! Good luck!

old fan
old fan

May 28th, 2008, 10:18 pm #3

Hey guys.
I'm abit stuck, I have an audition for a local production of thoroughly modern millie. I wondered if anyone knew much about the show? I don't know it! Its all very last minute, but if anyone has any info or tips on playing millie in particular?

Thanks guys

xxxxxxxxx
...is a mezzo-soprano, a comical character who is a "flapper" out to get a man ! (husband) Good luck- this would be a fun show to perform in.

kate
kate

May 28th, 2008, 11:01 pm #4

Goodo, well I love my tap so sure that'll be fine, the rest il work on :D

any more info or tips out there?
xxxxx

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 28th, 2008, 11:28 pm #5

Hey guys.

Thanks guys

xxxxxxxxx
I'm happy to email you some MP3's of the songs that Millie sings. She has some great songs. Her friend, Dorothy, is also a fun part. Sutton Foster, who played the role on Broadway, has a terrific voice and personality, so she really made the show special.

Julie

kate
kate

May 30th, 2008, 10:34 am #6

That would be fantasic! I wouldbe very greatful!

my email: winney_xx@hotmail.co.uk

xxxxxx