Someone who knows
Someone who knows

May 8th, 2008, 1:39 pm #31

This is the last time I will respond to this, but I am 100% correct. I am a professional writer and although I may not know about everything...I do know my grammar!

Someone who knows
Someone who knows

May 8th, 2008, 1:41 pm #32

The commas in the audition notice are fine. The commas in the Meghan sentence are incorrect.

mom of 6
mom of 6

May 8th, 2008, 2:19 pm #33

Bless you! That is a perfect example of what I was trying to say in my original post!
I think it's all in how you read it at first glance. I, myself, read it as Noel did and cracked up! Even Hannah said "what's so funny?" When I explained how I took it she cracked up.
Guess great minds think alike once again, Noel and Old fan,lol. Or maybe it's "silly minds"

OT- Oh and guess what everyone? I got the job in Atlanta, YIPPY!! So I'm off in August. Still waiting to hear if my husband got the job too, but it looks good. There were 700 applicants and on the lst inteview it was down to 64. They hired 12 out of the 64. (at least that's what I was told)

Wish me luck
Anyone have any good tips for me, I'll be living in the Kennesaw area (just north of Atlanta)

Noel
Noel

May 8th, 2008, 2:26 pm #34

That is great news so glad you posted as I was wondering how everything was going with you guys.

Say "Hi" to "H" for me!

PS Tell RLS that I miss her presence here as well!

old fan
old fan

May 8th, 2008, 2:37 pm #35

...congrats. Are the kids excited ? Did RLS spill ice cream on her computer again ? Good luck to dad of 6. I'm sure he will get his position too.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

May 8th, 2008, 5:14 pm #36

I think it's all in how you read it at first glance. I, myself, read it as Noel did and cracked up! Even Hannah said "what's so funny?" When I explained how I took it she cracked up.
Guess great minds think alike once again, Noel and Old fan,lol. Or maybe it's "silly minds"

OT- Oh and guess what everyone? I got the job in Atlanta, YIPPY!! So I'm off in August. Still waiting to hear if my husband got the job too, but it looks good. There were 700 applicants and on the lst inteview it was down to 64. They hired 12 out of the 64. (at least that's what I was told)

Wish me luck
Anyone have any good tips for me, I'll be living in the Kennesaw area (just north of Atlanta)
I'm sad to see you leave Michigan, but I'm happy for you. Besides, a lot of people are leaving - we've even considered it ourselves.

A friend of mine lived in the Dunwoody area of Atlanta for a few years, but it was a long time ago. I haven't been there in years. What I'm excited about for you is the opportunity to show you kids all the history. It's too bad the underground railroad is now a glorified shopping mall, but it is cool that it still exists. I've forgotten: how close is Atlanta to Savannah? Savannah is one of my favorite places.

How soon until you leave? I'm guessing the kids will be able to finish the school year here.

Let's keep in touch!

May 8th, 2008, 10:11 pm #37

Wish me luck
nmi

RLS
RLS

May 10th, 2008, 4:38 am #38

...congrats. Are the kids excited ? Did RLS spill ice cream on her computer again ? Good luck to dad of 6. I'm sure he will get his position too.
Hi guys...

I'm missing you all too... I've still been reading this board many mant times every day. But, everything here has seemed so negative lately.

It seems like almost every time I look here, there are more and more people with those "chips" on thier sholders (lol,K-the-o, you are too funny!) <---said nicely, by the way... and parents that pretend to be other people (like non-tour parents) just so they can say something bad about another kid and stir stuff up. Frankly, I was just getting a little tired of it, so I just didn't contribute.

Nice to know I'm missed though!

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

May 11th, 2008, 9:42 am #39

This struck me as rather amusing, of course I could have also read it wrong:

"If you or your child is currently in the 4th Grade, and going into the 5th Grade this fall (2008-9 school year)"

How many 4th Graders have their own child?
Hi Julie,

My computer was in the shop for a week and I am now just getting caught up on the Forum.

"If you or your child is currently in the 4th Grade, and going into the 5th Grade this fall (2008-9 school year), then you are eligible to audition for a spot in the new class."

The sentence is very poorly written by someone of extremely limited writing skills. I would have done it this way:

"If you are currently in the 4th Grade and going into the 5th Grade this fall (2008-9 school year), then you are eligible to audition for a spot in the new class." The child does the auditioning, not the parent, and it is assumed that the parent will bring the child to the audition anyway.

Jon Merrill

"DOG FOR SALE - Will eat anything and especially fond of children."

old fan
old fan

May 11th, 2008, 12:51 pm #40

Hi guys...

I'm missing you all too... I've still been reading this board many mant times every day. But, everything here has seemed so negative lately.

It seems like almost every time I look here, there are more and more people with those "chips" on thier sholders (lol,K-the-o, you are too funny!) <---said nicely, by the way... and parents that pretend to be other people (like non-tour parents) just so they can say something bad about another kid and stir stuff up. Frankly, I was just getting a little tired of it, so I just didn't contribute.

Nice to know I'm missed though!
Glad you're around. I am sorry I got involved in the silly grammar string, which only leaves people feeling annoyed , plus when the pesky anonymous "experts " and "parents" join in....I know what you mean, but I hope we don't lose any more regular posters ! So stick around...glad your computer's health is good, too. lol.