Any Videos of . . .

just another fan
just another fan

July 21st, 2008, 1:02 am #1

Are there any videos of Alexis Kalehoff playing Young Cosette anywhere? (Even better, would be a video of Andrea playing Fontine during the same production!)

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 21st, 2008, 1:57 am #2

I found this commercial with Alexis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT6X879s-oU

Try searching Youtube. I tried but there are SO many les miz videos. I didn't have the patience to sort through them all.

Rachel
Rachel

July 21st, 2008, 2:06 am #3

I have never seen video footage of Andrea as Fantine but awhile back there was a video on youtube of an "Entertainment Tonight" segment focusing on her joining the cast and it had some small clips of her singing during rehearsals.

As for Alexis as Young Cosette, there was a teeny tiny snippet at the end of the original "Turning Point" if anybody has that and can upload it. She sang "Castle of a Cloud" on Andrea's PBS special but not in costume or anything.

Andrea is playing Fantine and Alexis is playing Eponine this fall at Ogunquit Playhouse so maybe there will be some bootleg footage of that.

Lastly, that 4NY commercial with Alexis on it plays ALL THE TIME here. The TV spot is actually an edited version that doesn't have her face on it but I watch "Today" every morning when I am getting ready to leave and I always hear the "There's magic insiiiiiide" part. That's Edd's theme song.

Rachel

Meghan
Meghan

July 21st, 2008, 3:07 am #4

Are there any videos of Alexis Kalehoff playing Young Cosette anywhere? (Even better, would be a video of Andrea playing Fontine during the same production!)
we were talking a few days ago about the story alexis told about when she was understudying Gavroche in les mis and she accidently peed on stage.....well i just finished performing in les mis and the boy who played our gavroche was on the national tour for about a year and he was telling us some stories from wen he was in the show. now i knew that the girls understudy gavroche, but did u know that the boys understudy the girls too?. Anthony (our gavroche) went on several times as young eponine! idk i just found that very funny.

KW
KW

July 21st, 2008, 4:21 am #5

I looked for ages trying to find a bootleg of Andrea as Fantine everywhere and anywhere and it does not exist. She was in it in 1994 and that was a bit before bootlegging really boomed. She was my favorite Fantine ever.. the first I saw and I saw Les Mis over 25 times.
I never heard Alexis sing Castle on a Cloud from when she was YC, but she sang it on Andrea's "On Broadway" album and in my humble opinion, it was before her voice blossomed I guess. She didn't sound the best on it.. she sounded like any ordinary kid in the world who could just barely carry a tune. I assumed she improved greatly by the time she got to be in Les Mis because I can not imagine her performing sounding as she did on that album. Not that she was ear piercingly horrible, but she was definitely not sounding Broadway caliber or of caliber to be on a professional album at that time.

I am going to try to go Maine to see Les Mis in September .. just to see Andrea and curious to see Alexis's performance as well. Tickets are only $55 but airfare isn't cheap.

But, as someone said there was an Entertainment Tonight piece on You Tube that was quite lengthy showing Andrea in rehearsals (being taught and going through the locket part in Lovely Ladies) and showing her performing I Dreamed a Dream on stage in costume (not sure if that was during a performance or rehearsal) and some interview footage with her then too.

Cecile (France)
Cecile (France)

July 21st, 2008, 11:31 am #6

we were talking a few days ago about the story alexis told about when she was understudying Gavroche in les mis and she accidently peed on stage.....well i just finished performing in les mis and the boy who played our gavroche was on the national tour for about a year and he was telling us some stories from wen he was in the show. now i knew that the girls understudy gavroche, but did u know that the boys understudy the girls too?. Anthony (our gavroche) went on several times as young eponine! idk i just found that very funny.
nmi

old fan
old fan

July 21st, 2008, 1:28 pm #7

I have never seen video footage of Andrea as Fantine but awhile back there was a video on youtube of an "Entertainment Tonight" segment focusing on her joining the cast and it had some small clips of her singing during rehearsals.

As for Alexis as Young Cosette, there was a teeny tiny snippet at the end of the original "Turning Point" if anybody has that and can upload it. She sang "Castle of a Cloud" on Andrea's PBS special but not in costume or anything.

Andrea is playing Fantine and Alexis is playing Eponine this fall at Ogunquit Playhouse so maybe there will be some bootleg footage of that.

Lastly, that 4NY commercial with Alexis on it plays ALL THE TIME here. The TV spot is actually an edited version that doesn't have her face on it but I watch "Today" every morning when I am getting ready to leave and I always hear the "There's magic insiiiiiide" part. That's Edd's theme song.

Rachel
I saw her on Andrea's family special (also her brother) and heard her sing Castle on a Cloud. Honestly I didn't think it was too good, kind of mechanical, but I guess she improved a LOT because when I heard her sing other stuff later on, she had a great voice. She was so little then, but very poised. It showed her backstage with mom I think (IIRC !)

Elin
Elin

July 21st, 2008, 3:22 pm #8

It also has Andrea as Eponine.

fan
fan

July 22nd, 2008, 12:10 am #9

where is it?

Ashlee
Ashlee

July 22nd, 2008, 4:51 am #10

I saw her on Andrea's family special (also her brother) and heard her sing Castle on a Cloud. Honestly I didn't think it was too good, kind of mechanical, but I guess she improved a LOT because when I heard her sing other stuff later on, she had a great voice. She was so little then, but very poised. It showed her backstage with mom I think (IIRC !)
Andrea was exceptional but Alexis is average. Especially when she was a child. Now she sounds a lot better but too generic. Don't mean this as an insult. She is a beautiful girl. She beat her mom in that area.