"Annie" Workshop

"Annie" Workshop

sks
sks

September 23rd, 2008, 2:00 pm #1

Does anyone from here have anyone attending the "Annie" workshop with Aileen Quinn this Saturday in NYC?

fan
fan

September 23rd, 2008, 6:53 pm #2

Isn't it odd that she would do this workshop just AFTER the auditions for the tour?

You would think it might have had a bigger turn out if it took place just BEFORE the auditions...

JMHO

Odd Timing Response!
Odd Timing Response!

September 23rd, 2008, 7:14 pm #3

I don't think it has anything to do with the National Tour. She did the movie, not the muscial theatre show which is what the auditions were for& the workshop says SOLD OUT! So, I think it must be a popular workshop.

I had a moment to think here, did anyone else notice this. That if you're looking to get Cast on the Annie Tour then instead of a workshop you should probably take a coaching session from Julie. Since her success rate in having 3 out of the 7 who coached with her cast or go to David Chenault's school in Orlando, he was on the 30th Anniversary tour & the Annie attended his school or have a friend in the show. It looks to me that Abby Spare and the new Tessie worked in a show together, so maybe they know each other, I am not sure, but there is a picture of them in the same show on both sites. And then there is always go to more than one audition, we met Dominick before at an auditon, so that is great that she got cast. The Duffy is still uncomfirmed. My dd is too tall now.

All I am saying is I really believe that this workshop really doesn't have anything to do with the National Tour. Determination & Talent, ABSOLUTLEY!

Elin
Elin

September 23rd, 2008, 7:41 pm #4

She did the movie, not the muscial theatre show

Aileen was also a swing in the original Broadway production.

sks
sks

September 24th, 2008, 2:18 am #5

The workshop has nothing to do with the Annie tour. It is just an event for chldren who love theatre and in this case, Annie in particular. Regarless if Aileen Quinn was in the movie or play, she will be a great asset to this workshop. She has been successful away from Annie as well.

The group hosting this workshop conducts several workshops, having had Laura Bundy and Ashley Brown as guests in the past. Next month they are having a worksho with David Doan of Nickelodeon Casting and plans are in the works for a possible Hairspray workshop. It's great that this group is giving opportunities to children who have an interest in theatre, acting, singing, etc...