Annie reference in SJP movie

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

June 5th, 2008, 11:13 am #1

No, not the current movie. Think 1985 and SJP and Helen Hunt as the best friend: Girls Just Want to Have Fun. It still runs on off-beat cable channels.

Anyway, SJP is trying to make friends with a guard dog and she tries to guess it's name: "Benji? Boomer? Sandy?"

I know there are some younger gals on the board who may not remember Benji and Boomer, but I knew we'd all appreciate Sandy!

old fan
old fan

June 5th, 2008, 1:45 pm #2

...(bad movie !) but I totally missed the reference ! I must have been out of my initial Annie phase !

Jill W.
Jill W.

June 5th, 2008, 2:25 pm #3

No, not the current movie. Think 1985 and SJP and Helen Hunt as the best friend: Girls Just Want to Have Fun. It still runs on off-beat cable channels.

Anyway, SJP is trying to make friends with a guard dog and she tries to guess it's name: "Benji? Boomer? Sandy?"

I know there are some younger gals on the board who may not remember Benji and Boomer, but I knew we'd all appreciate Sandy!
"Girls Just Want to Have Fun" was on some cable channel last night. I loved that movie when I was a kid (even though it was cheesy) and used to watch it whenever it was shown on HBO. In fact, I saw the movie so many times that I memorized some of the dialogue and a few of the dance routines.

It was an SJP movie day for me yesterday as I took a long lunch(I'm self-employed so I didn't get into too much trouble with the boss) and took in a noon showing of "Sex and the City." I'm casual viewer of the series, but I still enjoyed the movie.