ANNIE ON THE 25TH PODCAST

MARY
MARY

March 4th, 2008, 7:04 pm #1

IS THE CD REALLY COMING OUT ON THE 25 CAUSE I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ELSE ON IT AND WHY ISN'T THERE A WEEKLY TOUR PODCAST

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 4th, 2008, 7:40 pm #2

No, I believe they have pushed back the release date for the new "Annie" CD.

Julie

mary
mary

March 4th, 2008, 7:44 pm #3

is there ever going to be a annie30th cd or are they just pulling our leg

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 4th, 2008, 8:10 pm #4

I believe it is supposed to be released in May, 2008.

Julie

mary
mary

March 4th, 2008, 8:19 pm #5

why do they keep pushing it back it is beginning to sound like they don't know what they are doing a time life

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 4th, 2008, 10:49 pm #6

I'm sure they know EXACTLY what they are doing. Companies that distribute films, music, television shows, etc...have very specific research and data and spend lots of time figuring out when is the best time to release a CD, film or TV show based on when the consumers are home, have money to spend, or when the product is not competing with something else that is similar. There can also be issues with clearing rights, paying licensing fees, and getting art work and product ready in time for a release date. It is never just one person's decision and there is often many companies involved that have to all agree.

Just my two cents worth.

Julie

MARY
MARY

March 4th, 2008, 11:37 pm #7

SORRY JULIE I NEVER REALIZED WHAT IT TAKES I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST DRAGGING THERE FEET

Marie
Marie

March 5th, 2008, 12:16 am #8

I'm sure they know EXACTLY what they are doing. Companies that distribute films, music, television shows, etc...have very specific research and data and spend lots of time figuring out when is the best time to release a CD, film or TV show based on when the consumers are home, have money to spend, or when the product is not competing with something else that is similar. There can also be issues with clearing rights, paying licensing fees, and getting art work and product ready in time for a release date. It is never just one person's decision and there is often many companies involved that have to all agree.

Just my two cents worth.

Julie
The availability of the stars promoting the cd is an issue too. Someone mentioned Carol Burnett would discuss the cd in February on Oprah and Letterman. She was on Oprah in February but it was to promote Horton Hears a Who with Jim Carrey and Steve Carell. Her promotion commitment to that film may have pushed the Annie cd to the backburner.

Ned
Ned

March 6th, 2008, 6:13 am #9

I received a letter from an "Annie" cast member who said the most recent release date is May 25, 2008.