french_girl
french_girl

December 29th, 2008, 3:11 pm #11

I dunno why, i just dont really like the wig Andrea is wearing. I think i like the more tighter curls.

Now here's a question: Has anyone ever seen someone who's hair really looked like that?
(or seen a picture of someone in the 30s whose hair looked like that?)
LOL
actually yes.
I had a friend with hair that looked the same, just in black instead of red, my little brother had something similar too but in blond, and, i think that in LAT one of the former Annies has a kid with such hair (red this time!). i don't remember who.

old fan
old fan

December 29th, 2008, 3:42 pm #12

The comic strip by Harold Gray was based on James Whitcomb Riley's poem about a girl," Little Orphant, yes with a "t" Annie," then it was thought to make the character a boy, Otto, then back to a girl again !

Suzanne
Suzanne

December 29th, 2008, 3:48 pm #13

My grandmother had strawberry blond curls like Annie's. I used to tell her I thought they made the comic strip after her. She grew up in that time era.

She was adorable.

Jennifer
Jennifer

December 29th, 2008, 4:06 pm #14

Did you have any other relatives who did? In my family, 1 grandfather and 1 aunt had it, and then I got it. Lots of people have red hair in my family, just not the tight little curls.

My mom used to get, uhm, frustrated you could say when people asked her if I'd played Annie (I think she got tired of people asking), but I loved it. Good thing, too, because nobody ever stopped asking, and I'm in my mid-20s now.

french_girl
french_girl

December 29th, 2008, 4:40 pm #15

i have red hair too
i'm very proud of it now that I'm an Annie fan lol
nobody knows Annie in france, but when i went to the states for the first time when i was 9, a friend of my mum wanted me to sing tomorrow. lol

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

December 29th, 2008, 5:41 pm #16

I dunno why, i just dont really like the wig Andrea is wearing. I think i like the more tighter curls.

Now here's a question: Has anyone ever seen someone who's hair really looked like that?
(or seen a picture of someone in the 30s whose hair looked like that?)
LOL
My middle kid has auburn curls when she lets me cut it short. I also have a niece who has cherry red curls when her hair is short too.

Not too long ago, I had my hairdresser cut my hair a little shorter than normal. When I styled it with my round brush the way I normally do, I wound up with Andrea's flip do. I almost took a photo and posted it here, but never got around to it.

Take care all ...

Claire
Claire

December 29th, 2008, 6:09 pm #17

Yes it happens in real life, and it's usually genetic. There are often siblings or at least more than one person in the extended family with tight red curls. It's easier to take care of boy-short (layered, such as with Aileen's wig) than kept longer (hair care can be a headache...shudder).

I think Little Orphan Annie of the comic strip had short hair because she was originally a boy. Little Orphan Otto or something like that.
On one of the Turning Point specials, one of the three finalists for Annie was a girl (I can't remember her name) with perfect Annie hair. She had played Annie in the International Tour in South Korea. Martin Charnin even referred to her as the "Annie Lookalike". Her hair was completely naturally curled, but she just couldn't remember if the color was hers because she had dyed it so many times. I'm actually surprised that they chose Joanna over her, because this girl had experience playing Annie.

Claire
Claire

December 29th, 2008, 6:11 pm #18

My grandmother had strawberry blond curls like Annie's. I used to tell her I thought they made the comic strip after her. She grew up in that time era.

She was adorable.
Hmph, I'm so jealous of people with Annie hair. I have boring wavy brown hair. The only time it curls is when it's really humid outside, then it kinda goes crazy.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 29th, 2008, 7:36 pm #19

actually yes.
I had a friend with hair that looked the same, just in black instead of red, my little brother had something similar too but in blond, and, i think that in LAT one of the former Annies has a kid with such hair (red this time!). i don't remember who.
Yes, Stefanie Levy Kahn's son, Louie, has a head full of tight red curls. He appears in "Life After Tomorrow."

Julie

old fan
old fan

December 29th, 2008, 8:27 pm #20

My middle kid has auburn curls when she lets me cut it short. I also have a niece who has cherry red curls when her hair is short too.

Not too long ago, I had my hairdresser cut my hair a little shorter than normal. When I styled it with my round brush the way I normally do, I wound up with Andrea's flip do. I almost took a photo and posted it here, but never got around to it.

Take care all ...
How are you ? How was Chip's first Christmas ? I hope everything is going well for you & fam.

Miss you around here ! Enjoy your Andrea flip. lol. Old Fan