Annie event

Annie event

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 22nd, 2008, 5:42 pm #1

Sorry I haven't responded to any of the posts below about the videos. I just got home from New York late last night and needed some time to catch up on some missed sleep.

Today is my birthday, by the way!!

I think Chrissy answered all of the questions about who was in the video and pictures. I will be posting all of the photos that I took and will be sure to label the people in them. I just have to say that being in that room with all of those wonderful women was amazing. Being around Charles Strouse and getting the opportunity to shine some love and appreciation his way was even more special. Every time I looked over at him watching us up on stage, his face was beaming.

Noel, thank you for your kind words and all I can say in response to your question about how I pulled it off is that it was all done out of love. I feel such love and sisterhood with all of the women in "Annie" that it motivates me to keep bringing us all together. I'm just fortunate to be given opportunities to do so, but I'm pretty sure that the "Annie" girls would come together even if the event was just a get-together in someone's living room.

Chrissy, do you want to post the "Tomorrow" video or should I? Emma Rowley (currently appearing in "Gypsy") did a fabulous job singing the song and literally half of the people in the entire room had tears streaming down their faces.

Julie

mary
mary

March 22nd, 2008, 5:52 pm #2

Juile may you have a wonderfull day

old fan
old fan

March 22nd, 2008, 5:54 pm #3

Sorry I haven't responded to any of the posts below about the videos. I just got home from New York late last night and needed some time to catch up on some missed sleep.

I think Chrissy answered all of the questions about who was in the video and pictures. I will be posting all of the photos that I took and will be sure to label the people in them. I just have to say that being in that room with all of those wonderful women was amazing. Being around Charles Strouse and getting the opportunity to shine some love and appreciation his way was even more special. Every time I looked over at him watching us up on stage, his face was beaming.

Noel, thank you for your kind words and all I can say in response to your question about how I pulled it off is that it was all done out of love. I feel such love and sisterhood with all of the women in "Annie" that it motivates me to keep bringing us all together. I'm just fortunate to be given opportunities to do so, but I'm pretty sure that the "Annie" girls would come together even if the event was just a get-together in someone's living room.

Chrissy, do you want to post the "Tomorrow" video or should I? Emma Rowley (currently appearing in "Gypsy") did a fabulous job singing the song and literally half of the people in the entire room had tears streaming down their faces.

Julie
Hope you have a great day, and glad that the LAT event was so successful. The clips are terrific that Chrissy posted. That's so nice what you said about Charles Strouse, too.

AnnieDad
AnnieDad

March 22nd, 2008, 6:15 pm #4

Julie
I saw the videos from the NYC event - was that Bob Marks on piano?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 22nd, 2008, 6:19 pm #5

Yes, that as Bob Marks. Bob used to be the rehearsal and special appearance pianist for "Annie," so he has a strong bond with the show and many of the women.

Julie

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 22nd, 2008, 6:21 pm #6

Julie
Julie,

I actually lost the first line of "Tomorrow" in my video, so it'd be nice if you posted your video. I have no idea why I'm missing the first line.

- Chrissy

March 23rd, 2008, 12:23 am #7

Julie
nmi

Ophelia
Ophelia

March 23rd, 2008, 2:22 am #8

Julie
The Annie event at Barnes & Noble was a great thrill. I feel so fortunate to have been there and share in the many special moments. Congratulations and thanks again to Julie for making it all possible. And happy birthday, Julie - though it’s you who has really given the gift this week!

(and thanks Chrissy for also making sure I got a seat!)

I enjoyed hearing all the stories, new and old, from the orphans and Charles Strouse. John Bolton did a great job moderating, too. In some ways I felt like I was crashing a family reunion – which it was! From the outside looking in, I was really touched by the connection all the women feel for each other, in addition to Mr. Strouse and other Annie folks in attendance with whom you had worked with years ago.

And speaking of connections, as if seeing the many orphans wasn’t enough, it was so neat for me to have other parts of my life intersect at this Annie reunion. I was so excited to meet Kristen Vigard, who I watched on my soap opera years ago, same with Martha Byrne (different soap!). Then I got to meet Jessica Smith, my one time pen pal, and show her the letter she wrote me in 1981. I didn’t even know of her Annie connection until I saw the cast lists when I found this site!

The performances were great, and great fun. And having Emma Rowley sing at the end was poignant. What I witnessed was Emma not taking the microphone, but the torch that was passed to her from Julie and the other ladies who later got up to stand beside her.

When I think about it…there was so much happening in that room in a rather short period of time. So many emotions, tributes, turning points, therapy & healing, new & renewed friendships…

Julie – congratulations again! I don’t think the event could have gone any better.

(Hope that DVD sales did well, too!)

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 23rd, 2008, 5:26 am #9

What a beautiful post, Ophelia. Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad you had the chance to meet Kristen, Martha and Jessica. I was meeting some of the women for the first time myself, although we have spoken through email and on the phone. It did feel very much like a family reunion with our "theme song" being Tomorrow, I suppose.

Thanks for coming - it's always nice to see you. Hope your foot feels better.

Julie

Dina
Dina

March 23rd, 2008, 11:48 am #10

The Annie event at Barnes & Noble was a great thrill. I feel so fortunate to have been there and share in the many special moments. Congratulations and thanks again to Julie for making it all possible. And happy birthday, Julie - though it’s you who has really given the gift this week!

(and thanks Chrissy for also making sure I got a seat!)

I enjoyed hearing all the stories, new and old, from the orphans and Charles Strouse. John Bolton did a great job moderating, too. In some ways I felt like I was crashing a family reunion – which it was! From the outside looking in, I was really touched by the connection all the women feel for each other, in addition to Mr. Strouse and other Annie folks in attendance with whom you had worked with years ago.

And speaking of connections, as if seeing the many orphans wasn’t enough, it was so neat for me to have other parts of my life intersect at this Annie reunion. I was so excited to meet Kristen Vigard, who I watched on my soap opera years ago, same with Martha Byrne (different soap!). Then I got to meet Jessica Smith, my one time pen pal, and show her the letter she wrote me in 1981. I didn’t even know of her Annie connection until I saw the cast lists when I found this site!

The performances were great, and great fun. And having Emma Rowley sing at the end was poignant. What I witnessed was Emma not taking the microphone, but the torch that was passed to her from Julie and the other ladies who later got up to stand beside her.

When I think about it…there was so much happening in that room in a rather short period of time. So many emotions, tributes, turning points, therapy & healing, new & renewed friendships…

Julie – congratulations again! I don’t think the event could have gone any better.

(Hope that DVD sales did well, too!)
Hi Ophelia!! I agree with Julie--that was a beautiful post. You are so lucky to have been there at B&N--I am really enjoying hearing all about it. The other amazing thing is not only how the orphans have bonded now as adults (and how Julie brought so many of them together-- even before LAT, which of course let to the reunion of so many more)...but also how so many of us fans have bonded thru this website over the years. It is phenomenal, really.

Great to see you on the board. Keep in touch!! Hope all is well.

Dina