old fan
old fan

March 23rd, 2008, 3:33 pm #11

Sorry I haven't responded to any of the posts below about the videos. I just got home from New York late last night and needed some time to catch up on some missed sleep.

Today is my birthday, by the way!!

I think Chrissy answered all of the questions about who was in the video and pictures. I will be posting all of the photos that I took and will be sure to label the people in them. I just have to say that being in that room with all of those wonderful women was amazing. Being around Charles Strouse and getting the opportunity to shine some love and appreciation his way was even more special. Every time I looked over at him watching us up on stage, his face was beaming.

Noel, thank you for your kind words and all I can say in response to your question about how I pulled it off is that it was all done out of love. I feel such love and sisterhood with all of the women in "Annie" that it motivates me to keep bringing us all together. I'm just fortunate to be given opportunities to do so, but I'm pretty sure that the "Annie" girls would come together even if the event was just a get-together in someone's living room.

Chrissy, do you want to post the "Tomorrow" video or should I? Emma Rowley (currently appearing in "Gypsy") did a fabulous job singing the song and literally half of the people in the entire room had tears streaming down their faces.

Julie
...provide this forum with a couple of the most interesting stories/questions ? That would be great !
(When there is time...Happy Easter to all who celebrate it ! )

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 23rd, 2008, 3:59 pm #12

Well, Robyn Finn (first Broadway Pepper) told me a great story about her hair as an orphan. Her hair is very red (as it is in the picture I posted a few posts up) naturally. Before the show went to Broadway, once they started performing in front of a live audience, Robyn kept her hair natural. As she was seen in the first scene, people would applaud because they thought red hair = must be Annie! Well, Martin decided to have her hair dyed, which they went through with, but Robyn wasn't getting any other work from it. So she begged Martin to let her hair go back to it's natural color and get a wig. He agreed, and the short brown hair we see Robyn with in the pictures is, in fact, a wig.

I think I have a few more stories, but I have to think back and post later.

Ophelia
Ophelia

March 23rd, 2008, 4:58 pm #13

...provide this forum with a couple of the most interesting stories/questions ? That would be great !
(When there is time...Happy Easter to all who celebrate it ! )
Rosanne Sorrentino told a funny story about her younger sister, who was keeping her company in the theatre, but not in the show. Apparently her sister looked a lot like Ellyn Gale, who was playing Molly at the time, and when lil sis exited the stage door people would think it was Ellyn Gale. Playing along with the crowd, Rosanne's sister went ahead and signed autographs for them!

Dina
Dina

March 23rd, 2008, 8:19 pm #14

That's very funny, Ophelia! Love that one.

Dina

Ned
Ned

March 24th, 2008, 7:02 am #15

Thanks, Chrissy and Julie, for sharing your pictures and videos and stories with the rest of us. It looks as if everyone had a wonderful time. Again, I am sorry to have missed it, but am very happy that it turned out so well for everyone who could attend. Kudos to Julie, all of the "Annie" alumni and B&N. I loved the Robyn Finn Moosey story. Keep those funny stories coming.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 24th, 2008, 11:36 pm #16

Sorry I haven't responded to any of the posts below about the videos. I just got home from New York late last night and needed some time to catch up on some missed sleep.

Today is my birthday, by the way!!

I think Chrissy answered all of the questions about who was in the video and pictures. I will be posting all of the photos that I took and will be sure to label the people in them. I just have to say that being in that room with all of those wonderful women was amazing. Being around Charles Strouse and getting the opportunity to shine some love and appreciation his way was even more special. Every time I looked over at him watching us up on stage, his face was beaming.

Noel, thank you for your kind words and all I can say in response to your question about how I pulled it off is that it was all done out of love. I feel such love and sisterhood with all of the women in "Annie" that it motivates me to keep bringing us all together. I'm just fortunate to be given opportunities to do so, but I'm pretty sure that the "Annie" girls would come together even if the event was just a get-together in someone's living room.

Chrissy, do you want to post the "Tomorrow" video or should I? Emma Rowley (currently appearing in "Gypsy") did a fabulous job singing the song and literally half of the people in the entire room had tears streaming down their faces.

Julie
Of course, my girls think it's Erika's birthday, so Happy Birthday Erika!