Annie CD signing

sks
sks

May 13th, 2008, 3:42 am #1

Does anyone know anymore about this signing? I was planning on going up on June 4th, but now it looks like you would have to go on June 3rd also.

Anyone from this board going?

Thanks!

June 4, 2008 @ 4:00 PM
Annie 30th Anniversary CD Signing

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Annie, America's favorite Little Orphan, with a very special in store signing with many of your favorite stars from Annie including: Andrea McArdle, Broadway's first Annie, Madison Square Garden's own Miss Hannigan Kathie Lee Gifford, as well as Conrad John Schuck who's played Daddy Warbucks for over 25 years, and Martin Charnin & Charles Strouse the lyricist and composer of Annie and many more special guests...!!!

Purchase your copy of the Annie 30th Anniversary Cast Recording beginning at 9AM on June 3rd, at the Virgin Megastore Times Square location only, to receive a wristband to attend this exclusive event & signing. Time & Space are limited so please arrive early! Limit 1 wristband per person.

Included in this amazing two-disc recording is the complete score of Annie as well as the complete score of the never before recorded sequel Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge and includes recordings from numerous stars associated with the show. Leapin' Lizards, this one's going to be swell!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 13th, 2008, 5:24 am #2

That is so lame if they are expecting people to show up the day before to buy the CD. So what are they going to do if you show up on the 4th? Not let you in the store? Not let you buy one right then and there, when that is the whole point of the PR event. You might want to call the store and ask the Manager for the exact rules of the game.

Julie

Rachel
Rachel

May 13th, 2008, 4:07 pm #3

Does anyone know anymore about this signing? I was planning on going up on June 4th, but now it looks like you would have to go on June 3rd also.

Anyone from this board going?

Thanks!

June 4, 2008 @ 4:00 PM
Annie 30th Anniversary CD Signing

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Annie, America's favorite Little Orphan, with a very special in store signing with many of your favorite stars from Annie including: Andrea McArdle, Broadway's first Annie, Madison Square Garden's own Miss Hannigan Kathie Lee Gifford, as well as Conrad John Schuck who's played Daddy Warbucks for over 25 years, and Martin Charnin & Charles Strouse the lyricist and composer of Annie and many more special guests...!!!

Purchase your copy of the Annie 30th Anniversary Cast Recording beginning at 9AM on June 3rd, at the Virgin Megastore Times Square location only, to receive a wristband to attend this exclusive event & signing. Time & Space are limited so please arrive early! Limit 1 wristband per person.

Included in this amazing two-disc recording is the complete score of Annie as well as the complete score of the never before recorded sequel Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge and includes recordings from numerous stars associated with the show. Leapin' Lizards, this one's going to be swell!
I just did a book signing at Barnes and Noble and I got the most detailed info (more detailed than the website or the poster outside the store) from calling and speaking to a live person. It could be a typo and they meant June 4th or they could just be unclear. It could be that you CAN buy the CD starting June 3rd (which is when it is released) and then the wrist bands are being given out starting June 4th. Usually they don't care when you buy the CD as long as you have the receipt that you got it from Virgin. They make the money anyway!

I have been to only one CD signing at the Virgin Megastore in the past but it was a little different because the CD actually didn't come until the day AFTER the signing. You can to go in the morning, pay for the CD, they just gave you the inside booklet for the signatures and then you could go the next day - after the signing was already over! - to pick up the actual album and the plastic jewel case.

I'm hoping to get a chance to go to this although I can't commit for sure since various aspects of my life are in limbo right now. Anyway, if you call, please report back any info you find out. Thanks!

Rachel

sks
sks

May 15th, 2008, 3:08 pm #4

I finally got through to someone who could give me information.

They will begin selling the CD on June 3rd at 9 am. In order to attend the EXCLUSIVE SIGNING you must buy the CD and get a wristband. There is a limit of 400 wristbands to be given out to the signing.

I would think the sooner you buy the CD, the better chance you have of getting a wristband.

Julie, do you think there will be 400 people wanting to go to this event????

If anyone has any other or different information, please let me know.

old fan
old fan

May 15th, 2008, 11:07 pm #5

So you DO have to go both days???? Is that what it means? Buy the CD and get a wristband, and come back the following day in order to have the CD signed ???? Very weird. But I bet 400 people will go.... Good luck !

sks
sks

May 16th, 2008, 1:07 am #6

You could take your chance and just go up on the fourth. (We are not). Someone from Virgin Megastore called me this evening. I was concerned if we had 5 people going we needed to buy 5 CD's (you just never know). But they said if a mom and dad were going with 3 kids, then both mom and dad would have to buy the cd to get a wristband, but not the kids. So there will be more than 400 people there.