Julie Smith
Julie Smith

July 9th, 2008, 8:45 pm #11

I don't know why I started wondering about this but ...

Do we know of any successful actresses who auditioned at one time or another for Annie, but didn't make it? I think I remember a discussion about Lara Jill Miller from Gimme A Break attending an audition. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anyone else?
So, does anyone know why Jane turned down the role?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 9th, 2008, 9:30 pm #12

I don't think her mother wanted to go on a tour.

Julie

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 9th, 2008, 11:08 pm #13

Do we know of any successful actresses who auditioned at one time or another for Annie, but didn't make it? I think I remember a discussion about Lara Jill Miller from Gimme A Break attending an audition. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anyone else?
Andrea Bowen tried out and was not cast - the role of Molly went to Christiana Anbri. Andrea as we know did Broadway and is now a regular on Desperate Housewives.

Debbie
Debbie

July 9th, 2008, 11:35 pm #14

The auditions for "Annie 2" were in September 1989. Wouldn't LeAnn have been a little young for the lead, considering she had turned 7 only a couple of weeks before??
I saw her go through the Annie audition and how she was almost cast in an interview too. I have no idea which one it was....I remember Martin had said her accent was strong.

Natalie
Natalie

July 10th, 2008, 6:53 pm #15

Andrea Bowen tried out and was not cast - the role of Molly went to Christiana Anbri. Andrea as we know did Broadway and is now a regular on Desperate Housewives.
I remember seeing her as Marta in the Sound of Music when I was really little. Was the Annie audition before or after that role?

Diner
Diner

July 11th, 2008, 1:30 pm #16

On The Tonight Show, Kristin said that she auditioned for the movie and that she didn't make it because her attempt to do a "New York accent" was to imitate Barbra Streisand's voice from "Funny Girl."

Morgan
Morgan

July 11th, 2008, 3:38 pm #17

The auditions for "Annie 2" were in September 1989. Wouldn't LeAnn have been a little young for the lead, considering she had turned 7 only a couple of weeks before??
I've read and heard in a few places that LeAnn just missed the role. Apparently, she was only 6 when she went for Annie. Yes, I agree - too young.
Thie is from one of her websites:
"LeAnn Rimes won her first talent contest at the age of five and almost won the lead in Broadway’s Annie 2 at age six. Musically, she has been influenced by Patsy Cline, Reba McEntire, Barbara Streisand, and her parents. At age six, she moved to Texas to pursue her dream of country superstar. At age eight, she was a two-week champion on TV’s star search. (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hill ... facts.html)"

Natalie
Natalie

July 11th, 2008, 5:19 pm #18

On The Tonight Show, Kristin said that she auditioned for the movie and that she didn't make it because her attempt to do a "New York accent" was to imitate Barbra Streisand's voice from "Funny Girl."
That's so interesting! And then she went on to play Lily St. Regis in the 1999 movie.

old fan
old fan

July 12th, 2008, 9:08 pm #19

nmi

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

July 13th, 2008, 7:01 am #20

Get out! I used to watch Love Boat and ALWAYS said to my friends, "She seems like she'd be a good Annie". She had the look i.e. the Andrea hairdo! and the raspy voice. I knew it! LOL

Now, was she actually cast in a touring production or auditioned - do you know?

Wasn't Lara a bit on the tall side? I didn't know she was in the Primetime/Allison piece. Wow. I have it on audio, I don't suppose we can hear her singing on it, can we?
She sang on a few of her talk show appearances and was quite good.