Annie auditions??

Annie auditions??

Mom
Mom

July 25th, 2008, 5:01 pm #1

I heard through the grapevine that they may have auditions for the US National Tour in mid Sept sometime. Anyone else heard that? We keep looking and searching for announcements so we can get a cheap,(if thats at all possible) early air tickets to NY but have not seen anything yet.
Thanks.

Js Mom
Js Mom

July 26th, 2008, 12:26 am #2

Yes, I was told that, too! I'm hoping details will be posted soon, so we can start making plans!

Mom
Mom

July 26th, 2008, 12:59 pm #3

Js Mom,
Where are you going to be traveling from?
We are in Ohio. I wish they would hurry up before my daughter grows anymore!!
She is 4 '8 1/2.

Js Mom
Js Mom

July 26th, 2008, 1:40 pm #4

Virginia! Yes, I know what you mean about the girl's growing! Has your daughter auditioned for this tour before?

Mom
Mom

July 26th, 2008, 6:50 pm #5

HI , Yes we ventured into NY last June(it happen to be her bday weekend) so I took her and we saw a few shows while we were there. It was about $1000 before the weekend was over but we had a blast and she got down to the last 50ish girls. I think her dancing got her out. That isnt her strongest point but over the year she has improved.
She mainly wants to see more shows but also wants to try again before she gets to tall!!
Did you daughter try in June?

Js Mom
Js Mom

July 26th, 2008, 10:48 pm #6

Hi Mom! Yes, actually I had two daughters audition! (Long story why I go by Js Mom!) Anyway, both of them made it thru the first callbacks and were cut after the 2nd one! It was so amazing and they still have such a great feeling from that experience. That's great how far your daughter got! Who knows, maybe she'll be on the tour this time!

Mom
Mom

July 27th, 2008, 2:08 am #7

Oh I doubt it but I promised her we would try again and we would see more shows on Broadway- My daughter had a wonderful exp too even though it was one tiring day. I just hope I can afford it!! I was also thinking that maybe they would just audition and call back the kids that got REALLY far last time and not start from scratch again with the Sept audition. But we will see! BEST OF LUCK IF YOU GO!!! Keep in contact!

Laura
Laura

July 27th, 2008, 6:11 am #8

Perhaps if they were just looking for replacements they would just have a callback but with casting a new tour I am sure there will be large numbers attending.

RLS
RLS

July 27th, 2008, 7:06 am #9

I have no idea how they would do it... Also, there was another audition (replacement) that took place since the June auditions... And they made a whole new "hot list" at that audition - or so they told us when we were there... I have a feeling that this will be a whole new audition. But, you never know, they might do some call backs. I know when we were there in January, they said that the next auditions would be in August. But, I have the feeling they are going to be pushed back to September. We keep looking too. My daughter would like to try again but she has grown a LOT since the last auditions and she's pretty close to the cut-off. She's just over 4'9" now. So, we'll see. :O)