Annie Audition

Becky
Becky

September 15th, 2008, 2:17 am #1

Hi can some people tell how auditions went.. I know one person auditions went ..let hear form some out there.. I wish i could have Ben there to audition .. was there lot of people audition as swing orphans .. let fan know what went on smile fans smile thanks Becky

Js Mom
Js Mom

September 15th, 2008, 12:01 pm #2

Last year, my two girls made first callbacks. That was thrilling back then, but this time, they made it extemely far! One was cut just before the final 35(?) were seen and the other daughter was in that final 35(?) group. It was pretty much the same people running the audition. According to my girls, Martin Charnin was so very nice to everyone. I wish I could have been a bug on the wall to watch the auditions!

SuzyQBee
SuzyQBee

September 15th, 2008, 12:16 pm #3

jsmom,

I'm so excited for your girls! That sounds great! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for them as well! I'm glad that they had a great time. It was like that when I auditioned for the movie version (originally), Garrison True was sooooo wonderful to me and throughout all the callbacks, he was gave me such a fabulous and fun experience. I have such fond memories of those days. --The last callback (before everyone got sent to LA to the "Annie Academy" and would be in the movie), I had to have my hair cut in the tomboy style and wear overalls. During the locket scene he gave me an Annie necklace, and it is so close to my heart.

I love hearing about all the audition adventures... the people involved are so wonderful... oh how it brings me back to the good ole days lol.

Suzanne

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

September 15th, 2008, 2:08 pm #4

Last year, my two girls made first callbacks. That was thrilling back then, but this time, they made it extemely far! One was cut just before the final 35(?) were seen and the other daughter was in that final 35(?) group. It was pretty much the same people running the audition. According to my girls, Martin Charnin was so very nice to everyone. I wish I could have been a bug on the wall to watch the auditions!
That's awesome!! Did the daughter that made it into the final group get to do any reading for a specific orphan? How old and how tall is she?

We'll be anxious to hear if she makes it!! Keeping our fingers crossed for her too!! Tell both of your girls congrats!!

Js Mom
Js Mom

September 15th, 2008, 2:26 pm #5

My daughter who went into the final 30ish, is 12 and measured 4'9". I think the measuring part was the most stressful part of the audition! We really thought she was right at the cutoff, but boy did we high five eachother, when it read 4'9"!!! My other daughter is 7 and well under 4'10"!

No, my 4'9" daughter was not asked to read for a part. While she was in the room for the final round on Saturday, "Bob" handed out a sheet with tour info and spoke to all of us parents in the waiting room, about what to expect if cast. As I understood it, the final group on Saturday, was broken into small groups of 8-10(?) girls. As each group finished, they were excused to leave (this wasn't a "cut", just done for the day)! Yet, I saw Carly's post, below, and see that callbacks were held on Sunday. Since my daughter wasn't asked to be at callbacks, I wonder if that means she is definately out of the running for a part.

No matter what the outcome, I can't express how proud I am of my girls! I didn't expect to go as far as we did and I feel this experience was lifechanging for them!

Thanks for your well wishes!

SuzyQBee
SuzyQBee

September 15th, 2008, 3:26 pm #6

js, I have been to a few auditions where I didn't get called back and was cast. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Hugs,
Suzanne

Laura
Laura

September 15th, 2008, 4:46 pm #7

Hi can some people tell how auditions went.. I know one person auditions went ..let hear form some out there.. I wish i could have Ben there to audition .. was there lot of people audition as swing orphans .. let fan know what went on smile fans smile thanks Becky
Had a great time at the auditions this weekend. My daughter was there unti the end. She had a great time, everyone was so nice-now it is just a waiting game.

Katy
Katy

September 15th, 2008, 10:23 pm #8

I had a realy good time. Everyone was so nice. I made it a the way so I'm hooping I get in. If anyone gets called pease e-mail me at katymay96@aol.com. I also met a ot of peope too. Js mom, what are your daughters names?

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

September 16th, 2008, 11:46 pm #9

js, I have been to a few auditions where I didn't get called back and was cast. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Just because your girls were cut - well it ain't over till it's over! They may offer parts to some girls who can't take them or turn them down for various reasons. It doesn't mean they didn't want your girls and the fact they made it so far could mean the phone may still ring.