Andrea, Reagle Players & Annie

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 8th, 2008, 1:17 am #1

Despite any ill-feelings toward Andrea, she played a great Annie Oakley in the 2002 production of Annie Get Your Gun:

http://www.reagleplayers.com/Images/Bre ... G2002.html

And if you go to the main page www.reagleplayers.com and on the left side click "photos" you'll see all the productions they've done. There are two sets of pictures for Annie. In the first set, the colored pictures, Annie looks to be about 18! LOL Well, in some of the pictures. And the red wig is horrendous. But, the set looks decent. Remember, their productions take place in a school auditorium. A large one, but an auditorium nonetheless.

I've seen a few of their productions and honestly, they're quite impressive. That's why I'm sucking it up to see Annie again. I'm bit tired of the show (never thought I'd say that!) but if Robert Fitch is sticking to the original, and the Players are known for having great talent...it should be a wonderful show.

Now I just need to buy a secret mini-camera without a flash

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 8th, 2008, 1:19 am #2

From what I've read the ill feelings are not towards Andrea's talent or performances. There's no debating her talent - then or now. It's the attitude that came across in Making It On Broadway and the pranks she's still playing as an adult and still seems to think are funny.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 8th, 2008, 1:25 am #3

I know

Anyone
Anyone

July 8th, 2008, 6:01 am #4

I saw that production as well as a production years ago at a theater in the round in Long Island, NY with Andrea as Annie in Annie Get Your Gun. Both times, she was fantastic and seemingly born for the part. Her voice was simply breathtaking especially during "I got lost in his arms". Once when I met her, she told me she auditioned for it when it was on Broadway but the Weisslers wouldn't let her do it because she wasn't a big enough name. Sad, because she was meant for that part and was perfection. The Reagle Players' production made me remember her star quality.. she simply beams and shines on stage and it's like no matter what else was going on, you are drawn to want to watch her. It is a natural fit for her.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 9th, 2008, 11:10 pm #5

what Broadway has come to. They now want a big name. I've never seen Andrea perform in Annie Get Your Gun but remember thinking she would have been a great replacement on Broadway. Instead they got Reba McIntyre who I thought was great but Andrea could have also nailed the part.

Anyone
Anyone

July 10th, 2008, 2:06 am #6

Reba could at least really sing and I heard she was totally fantastic. They almost almost made a television movie of AGYG with Reba but then something came up for her and she couldn't do it and it was put on hold indefinitely. But, they cast Susan Lucci for a few months as Annie in AGYG, who I heard was awful. Let's see.. someone who can belt the hell out of songs with a ton of stage experience or a soap star who can barely keep a tune? Hate the Weisslers and who they think deserves to star in a Broadway show.