Andrea McArdle sings "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 26th, 2008, 1:43 am #1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 26th, 2008, 12:12 pm #2

LOVE the dress! hahahaha

So 80s

Dina
Dina

July 26th, 2008, 12:17 pm #3

I couldn't help but giggle when I saw the dress. I remember the days of the puffy, "flotation-device-looking sleeves"..I remember that was the wedding dress style that so many women were wearing at the time...Eeeeesh!! The horror!!

k-the-O ;-)
k-the-O ;-)

July 26th, 2008, 12:18 pm #4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Seriously, she can make me cry with that voice. I love the tone and richness and GEEZE, she can sing.

I love the sound of her voice without the music when she sings the last three "why can't I?"

Thanks for posting these, Julie. I've only watched this one so far but boy, this brought back a lot of memories (including the wardrobe of the 80s. Why did we think we needed larger shoulders?!)

old fan
old fan

July 26th, 2008, 9:25 pm #5

I couldn't help but giggle when I saw the dress. I remember the days of the puffy, "flotation-device-looking sleeves"..I remember that was the wedding dress style that so many women were wearing at the time...Eeeeesh!! The horror!!

nmi

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

July 27th, 2008, 7:59 am #6

Seriously, she can make me cry with that voice. I love the tone and richness and GEEZE, she can sing.

I love the sound of her voice without the music when she sings the last three "why can't I?"

Thanks for posting these, Julie. I've only watched this one so far but boy, this brought back a lot of memories (including the wardrobe of the 80s. Why did we think we needed larger shoulders?!)
Wow, thanks for posting these, I remember them well, I even remember fur fur jacket I thought it was SO glamorous

RLS
RLS

July 27th, 2008, 11:20 pm #7

LOL.......

I laughed so hard when you asked why we thought we needed bigger shoulders!

My daugher and I bought the first season of The Golden Girls for my mother for her 60th birthday recently and we were watching some of it the other day and wmy mom and I were laughing about the shoulder pads and those EXACT WORDS came out of the mouth of my 9-year-old! LOL.............

BTW... Do you guys remember when like a year ago I was asking if anyone could recognize the "dad" in the commercial for the Leap Pad? The one who looks in on her 5-y-o who's "reading" in her room? I KNEW that I knew him from somewhere but couldn't rmember where? Well, in one of the episodes I SAW HIM! He was a lot younger but I KNEW it was him, so I forwarded to the credits and found his name and googled him!

He was credited as "Billy Jacoby" in the Golden Girls and played Blanche's grandson... Though he's also been credited as Billy Jayne, Bill Jacoby, or William Jayne. I was remembering him as the best friend "Mikey Randall" on the TV show "Parker Lewis Can't Lose"...... I thought that I would NEVER figure that one out! LOL

Sorry, that was a long sidetrack from shoulder pads and somewhere over the rainbow, lol.......

Dina
Dina

July 28th, 2008, 1:15 am #8

nmi
Yes, there were shoulder pads on top of shoulder pads on top of shoulder pads!! LOL And the puffed sleeves..oy! It's like someone inflated them with air from a bicycle pump or something...

old fan
old fan

July 28th, 2008, 1:32 am #9

...I wonder what style of today will look ridiculous in 10 years ??

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 28th, 2008, 2:15 am #10

Hopefully all of the plastic surgery will be out of style in 10 years and natural will be back in.

Julie