Andrea McArdle sings "New York, New York"

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 26th, 2008, 1:46 am #1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

old fan
old fan

July 26th, 2008, 9:24 pm #2

...seeing Danielle Brisebois sing this on Dinah Shore's show once, at a very young age..Andrea does it so well and Danielle was so sweet . I am commenting on EVERY song posted, lol.

KW
KW

July 27th, 2008, 5:02 am #3

Danielle Brisbois also sang it on Archie Bunker's Place (the spinoff from All in the Family after Edith died and Gloria moved away.. Danielle was 12 or 13 at the time). In the plot, she was applying to the High School of Performing Arts (fame school) and sang this for her audition. Archie was totally against her going there, but reluctantly let her go audition. She didn't make the school not because of her talent, but because her grades sucked so they turned her down but said she was talented enough. Then Archie consoled her and let her know in his Archie Bunker deep down he cares moment that he thinks she is very talented and they should have accepted her and what do they know.

She did have a cool voice .. very Andrea like in tone and richness and belty and raspy, but a bit different at the same time.

I am a tv encyclopedia when it comes to sitcoms from the 80's and some 90's.

old fan
old fan

July 27th, 2008, 2:03 pm #4

...I don't remember that episode, but I do recall another time that Danielle did sing " My Sister Kate" or whatever the title is, on a school talent show (?) episode once..I loved the rapport between Archie and Stephanie !

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

July 27th, 2008, 7:54 pm #5

On All in the Family, Stephanie was to be in a school show with Edith, but Edith got laryngitis and lost her voice. Archie couldn't come to the show because he had to work at the bar, so afterward Stephanie came to the bar and performed "Shimmy Like My Sister Kate"--complete with feather boa--for Archie and all the customers.

old fan
old fan

July 27th, 2008, 10:42 pm #6

...but I guess I missed the new York, New York episode...