Andrea Article

Andrea Article

Rose
Rose

July 5th, 2008, 7:10 pm #1

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/a ... 19113.html

An article featuring Andrea and Alexis...and some hilarious stories!!!

Thought you'd might enjoy...

And hello! I'm new here. My name is Rose!!! Huge ANNIE FAN here!!

old fan
old fan

July 5th, 2008, 8:09 pm #2

Terrific first post ! I loved the article....the anecdotes were new to me ! I know Andrea was famous for pranks, but I never heard that one, lol.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 5th, 2008, 11:15 pm #3

I'm surprised she pulled as many pranks as she did while in Annie. In other words, I'm surprised she didn't get pulled from some shows as punishment.

As an adult, I'm surprised as well. I know there are many stories out there of actors in long-running shows who play games on stage with the excuse that it prevents boredom.

My take is that if you're doing your job you shouldn't be bored, but, that's just me.

However, Alexis' story is hilarious. I can't imagine being 8 and peeing and then peeing on stage! How uncomfortable she must have been in stinky pants LOL
Maybe she had a quick exit after that?

middleagedfan!
middleagedfan!

July 6th, 2008, 3:40 am #4

Thanks for posting, that was a fun read. Quite, an ummm...."prank"! I don't think anyone - no matter how big a star - would be able to get away with even the innocuous pranks little Andrea admitted to pulling, in today's theatre. Poor Danielle! Drugged! At seven!!!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 6th, 2008, 3:51 am #5

Hi Rose. Welcome to the forum.

I was pretty disappointed to read Andrea's anecdotes in Seth's article on Playbill.com. I don't think either story was funny or professional. Just my opinion, though.

Julie

Noel
Noel

July 6th, 2008, 4:07 am #6

I completely agree!

middleagedfan!
middleagedfan!

July 6th, 2008, 4:17 am #7

Hi Rose. Welcome to the forum.

I was pretty disappointed to read Andrea's anecdotes in Seth's article on Playbill.com. I don't think either story was funny or professional. Just my opinion, though.

Julie
I knew nothing (and know nothing now) about the behind the scenes of the theatre but as a big fan of Annie I read everything I could get my hands on, and always thought it very strange that the director of the show allowed that kind of stuff to go on (and I'm just talking about the silly on stage gags, not this drug stuff, which is, well just bizarre) . As a kid I could never wrap my mind around it. Was this a sort of a one time situation with this cast? It's not acceptable behavior in the professional theatre world, is it?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 6th, 2008, 5:03 am #8

No, it is not acceptable behavior and certainly not professional. No pranks ever happened on stage when I was in the show. It would not have been tolerated.

Julie

old fan
old fan

July 6th, 2008, 12:46 pm #9

..that Andrea did not know what the stuff was, just that it smelled bad, not a drug. I agree the Alexis story was better kept under wraps, though. I though most of Andrea's pranks were harmless and didn't affect the show. I wonder why she didn't get in more trouble for them ?

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 6th, 2008, 2:06 pm #10

But she broke the set playing her prank! I don't think that is funny and although I'm an Andrea fan, I'm glad she was written up for her pranks. Although, it does seem that she got away with quite a bit while she was Annie.

I admit, I wonder if that drugged story is true? I heard Andrea tell a very different story and I also have that story in some articles. The story is that there was a gag you could buy, it was a stink-in-a-can type of thing. Once you opened it, watch out! Andrea said she bought some and put it on the pillows and that is how they all got sick. She was a kid when she told that story.

Did she add some embellishment as an adult? I can imagine she found the drug and only later figured out what it was. But maybe she combined the two stories. I don't know. Just a hunch.

Anyway, there is an article here on Julie's site (that I contributed) that talks about the orphan kids and their pranks. Moose was the stage manager and it seems he did not tolerate pranks at all. Stephanie Wolf, I think it was, tripped on her shoelace during the performance which made all the kids laugh. Stephanie was pulled from the curtain call.

Obviously, that wasn't a prank but it shows that they weren't tolerating any goofing off. I actually think it was unfair to pull her from the curtain call when the other kids are the ones who laughed but I do understand they were trying to avoid the encouragement of silliness on stage.

During a rehearsal for We'd Like to Thank You... the kids would jump in and sing/dance along with the adults. That, too, was not tolerated and the kids in the cast (Dara Brown, Kristin Willams, Dana Tapper, Shelle Monahan, Stephanie Wolf and Alyson Mord) were disciplined for it.

If you read Making it on Broadway there are several stories of adult cast members playing 'hide the prop' and other such games to make it more interesting (for them). I can understand that playing the same ensemble role for five years gets boring but...I don't agree that goofing off onstage is acceptable.

And Alexis' story wasn't a prank but simply the accident of a little kid. That is why it's funny (to me, anyway).