Andrea and Merv video

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 21st, 2008, 1:59 am #1

I found this on Youtube and haven't seen this posted before.
Does anyone know what special this was?

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe4O3qUa ... re=related

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 21st, 2008, 2:15 am #2

Not sure. She was on Merv a LOT. Andrea loved singing that song - I have several videos of her singing it on talk shows over the years. I think she stayed on a Judy Garland roll for several years after doing the TV movie, "Rainbow."

Julie

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 21st, 2008, 2:53 am #3

She WAS on Merv a lot. This performance, I wasn't sure was going to turn out well but then she killed it 1/2 way through. I have her on audio singing this (probably from Merv's regular show) as well as from the tv movie.

For whatever reason, when I think of Rainbow I start singing 'You Made Me Love You' and 'I'm Always Chasing Rainbows' (or whatever the actual title is).

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

July 23rd, 2008, 8:33 am #4

Oh I lived for those shows, I would scan the TV guides each week hoping for a Merv or a Mike or a Phil devoted to Andrea. I taped them all - if I ever find them they are yours, Julie. Oh how I lived and died with those shows!! I idolized Andrea so much it hurt! What was wrong with me!!!???

old fan
old fan

July 23rd, 2008, 1:29 pm #5

I however only had a tape recorder I bought with my babysitting money, but I taped everything Annie -related I could ! I loved how our TV Guide then did give lots of info on which guests were on those talk shows and I would scan them and circle them, ready with my tape recorder, lol ! I saw Andrea and the orphans quite by chance, after hearing about the Goodspeed production in the NY Times, I think, and was hooked.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 23rd, 2008, 2:51 pm #6

LOL

I don't think we had a tv guide in the house but Merv and Mike and Phil were our dinner companions (5:00 pm on the dot!)

I used to borrow my brother's tape recorder, often getting in trouble for doing so, and hold it up to the television. So, much of my stuff is audio as well.

But man, I LIVED to see Andrea on tv. I used to cut out every single picture of her from the newspaper, too, even if it was the same old headshot I already had and even if the picture was only 2"x2".

Later my obsession grew to anything Annie. I can't tell you how many newspaper cut-outs I have of the Annie logo. Just the logo advertising the show. Nothing else. I was a goofy kid.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 23rd, 2008, 6:16 pm #7

I found this on Youtube and haven't seen this posted before.
Does anyone know what special this was?

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe4O3qUa ... re=related
I have a ton of Andrea's performances on talk shows on video. I can start to dig them out and put them on You Tube. Even though I knew Andrea back then, I was still in awe of her voice and would tape any program she was on.

Julie

Js Mom
Js Mom

July 23rd, 2008, 9:56 pm #8

LOL

I don't think we had a tv guide in the house but Merv and Mike and Phil were our dinner companions (5:00 pm on the dot!)

I used to borrow my brother's tape recorder, often getting in trouble for doing so, and hold it up to the television. So, much of my stuff is audio as well.

But man, I LIVED to see Andrea on tv. I used to cut out every single picture of her from the newspaper, too, even if it was the same old headshot I already had and even if the picture was only 2"x2".

Later my obsession grew to anything Annie. I can't tell you how many newspaper cut-outs I have of the Annie logo. Just the logo advertising the show. Nothing else. I was a goofy kid.
So happy to see there were other's like me during the Andrea craze! I still have my tape recordings of those shows, too. All these years Ithought I was the only one! How about that!

Manda
Manda

July 24th, 2008, 3:01 am #9

I have a ton of Andrea's performances on talk shows on video. I can start to dig them out and put them on You Tube. Even though I knew Andrea back then, I was still in awe of her voice and would tape any program she was on.

Julie
PLease put these videos on youtube. Loved LAT

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

August 6th, 2008, 6:58 am #10

I however only had a tape recorder I bought with my babysitting money, but I taped everything Annie -related I could ! I loved how our TV Guide then did give lots of info on which guests were on those talk shows and I would scan them and circle them, ready with my tape recorder, lol ! I saw Andrea and the orphans quite by chance, after hearing about the Goodspeed production in the NY Times, I think, and was hooked.
Oh yeah I did the tv guide scanning, god bless that publication! I would check every day to see if Andrea was a guest Fortunately she WAS a frequent guest. Too bad we (I) didn't have vcrs quite yet! u did that audio tape thing too and took polaroids off the tv, i must still have them somewhere in my mom's basement!