AMTC

AMTC

sarah
sarah

October 17th, 2008, 3:28 pm #1

a little bit o/t, but does anybody know anything about the AMTC conventions? Somebody I know (an adult performer) is going to the Paris one, but I notice that mostly they're held in the US and are for children's castings and a lot of agencies and casting directors endorse them in the US.

I have to say I'm very suspicious about them, based on what i see on the website, but if anyone could tell me anything I'd be very grateful!Being in the UK, I can't tell if these US agents/ casting directors might be reasonable companies or not!

thanks..

Meghan
Meghan

October 17th, 2008, 3:40 pm #2

I have been taught that you shouldnt have to pay thousands of dollars to get "discovered". I dont really know anything about this company or convention, but if you want to break into the bussiness it takes hard work and talent but getting an agent does not require the immense amount of money required by things like that. You can do all your own submissions and mailings to agencies, wich will probably have better results than what conventions "promise" will happen.

google AMTC and Scam and see what comes up.

sarah
sarah

October 17th, 2008, 4:00 pm #3

Thanks Meghan- I have just googled it!

I work for an agency myself and that's why I'm extremely surprised that anyone I know with a reasonable amount of experience in the business would be taken in by this, let alone pay a lot of money to go.The hyper religious aspect is also disturbing!

2kidsin the biz
2kidsin the biz

October 17th, 2008, 4:58 pm #4

We took my dd to AMTC when she was 5. Although it was a good experience, no real jobs ever came out of it. It seems to be successful for a handful of people that attend it, but for the others, not so much. I really wish we would have waited until she was a little older, since we kept getting the "she's too young" comment.