American Idol

American Idol

Debbie
Debbie

November 26th, 2008, 7:13 pm #1

I had seen this on the web. Don't know how true it is:

Hollywood week just took place for American Idol 8, and we're digging up information as we speak. Thanks to JoesPlace, we have a partial list of contestants who made it to Hollywood. Check out some of the people who made it to at least Hollywood that we may love (or love to hate) this year. If you know anything about these contestants, please let us know and we'll make sure to keep the information anonymous:

Joanna Pacitti, our least favorite plant, has of course made it to Hollywood. So has stoner Jason Castro's little brother, Michael Castro.
Anna Kaelin, the daughter of Gaspy's vocal coach, has made it. Hopefully she has a better breathing technique.
Many past Hollywood rejects made it to Hollywood again this year, including Mishavonna Henson, Michael Bartul, Imari Molifua, Asa Barnes, and Angela Martin (the mom from Chicago with the special needs daughter from last season).
Storylines from Hollywood contestants we're sure that we'll see: Otto Malone, who auditioned on crutches after being wounded in the National Guard in Afghanistan, and Scott Douglas MacIntyre, a blind contestant.
Other rumored contestants: Derek Drake (this year's Arizona Idol winner), Felicia Barton, Jakob McKay, Jenesis Samoranos, Kaylee Cohen, Ryan P.A. Johnson, Sarah Rose Flack, Sharon Wilbur, Shelby Swartwood, and Von Smith.

Laura
Laura

November 26th, 2008, 8:38 pm #2

Why would they say Joanna was their least favorite plant?

Debbie
Debbie

November 26th, 2008, 8:40 pm #3

It sounded stupid. Pretty much because she had a recording contract prior. I think she will be great!

Rachel
Rachel

November 26th, 2008, 10:54 pm #4

With regards to why Joanna is called their favorite plant, the majority of "American Idol" enthusiasts are not a fan of singers who have put out albums before. Carly Smithson got a ton of negative press for it last year and I would bet that this will happen for Joanna this season if she makes it to the top 32. People enjoy the rags-to-riches aspect of "Idol," the discovery of someone like a Kelly Clarkson who was working as a waitress in Texas before auditioning. Not only does Joanna have the album from a major record label but one of her songs (from the soundtrack for the movie "Bratz," which was produced by Paula Abdul) is on the new Britney Spears CD and, of course, the "Annie" fiasco. Joanna has had notably more exposure than a lot of other people who will make the top 32 but that is the burden Joanna chose to carry with her when she decided to audition. I am almost positive that the press on this will be not good but with Joanna's experience comes her knowledge of how the press works and how to deal with them and obviously the exposure that "Idol" will give her probably outweighs the negatives.

Rachel