Allison Smith

Allison Smith

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 24th, 2008, 10:24 pm #1

I have been working as a set teacher for a new web series for Warner Brothers. Speaking of Allison Smith (mentioned in an earlier post), she had a small part in one of the episodes, so we got to hang out a bit. I was very excited to get one of my coaching clients a small part in a scene with Megan Mullally (from the TV show, "Will & Grace"). Megan is playing a really funny character, which is why she's dressed in such an odd costume.

Julie

Diner
Diner

August 25th, 2008, 12:17 am #2

Allison's IMDB page now has her listed as appearing in an upcoming indie horror movie called "Hell-ephone"... starring nobody you've ever heard of... and featuring Allison as "County Fair Attendee" (one of more than a dozen people listed in the cast with that character name).

I wonder if it's a mistake, and they assigned the credit to the wrong Allison Smith? It is a common name, after all...

tonya
tonya

August 25th, 2008, 1:31 am #3

this be a mistake?

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

August 25th, 2008, 1:56 am #4

Allison's IMDB page now has her listed as appearing in an upcoming indie horror movie called "Hell-ephone"... starring nobody you've ever heard of... and featuring Allison as "County Fair Attendee" (one of more than a dozen people listed in the cast with that character name).

I wonder if it's a mistake, and they assigned the credit to the wrong Allison Smith? It is a common name, after all...
I don't know if this applies in the Allison Smith situation, but the IMDb tends to get confused if two people have the same name or a similar name. I am in the IMDb because I was in Life After Tomorrow, and my name was listed under my full name, Jonathan Merrill. However, there is another individual out there with the same name who is the composer of the soundtrack of the movie East Of Hope Street, and the IMDb just assumed that we were the same person. I hassled with them for six months trying to fix that discrepancy, and I finally was able to do so by having myself listed in the IMDb as Jon Merrill instead of my full name.

It is very hard to get errors in the IMDb corrected, but it can be done if you keep after them.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 25th, 2008, 5:38 am #5

IMDB makes mistakes all the time. It is up to the individual listed to correct the errors and it can take months. I have credits listed on my page that are categorized incorrectly and have emailed them too many times to count. I'll let Allison know, though, in case it is not correct.

Julie

Diner
Diner

August 26th, 2008, 4:14 am #6

this be a mistake?
... not many people would go from being the hottie on "The West Wing" to being "County Fair Attendee #12."

tonya
tonya

August 26th, 2008, 6:47 pm #7

nmi

old fan
old fan

August 26th, 2008, 8:50 pm #8

..also lists her as playing young Eva Peron in a 1981 TV version of of Evita's life ! I wonder if I saw this, because I became really interested in the history of her story since I saw the musical Evita (which Allison was also in on BW ) and read/watched everything I could on the topic.