Addams Tomorrow

Joel Johansson
Joel Johansson

December 28th, 2008, 2:15 pm #1

The version of tomorrow from Addams on the You Tube; is remade!

This is my conclusion:
They hired a local girl in L.A and let her sing these 13 seconds of tomorrow. But they thought that her voice must have been to dark, since they A, chanced her voice by making it thinner and much brighter with the help of probably computers. And B, changed the tempo of the song.

I call this version the original since it is much slower and must be the original. The song comes at 5:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYlY1MU ... annel_page

I call the remade, this is the version in the movie, at least on my DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SXB8fndis4

The time difference on the both songs is about one second, They simply rearranged they tempo and her voice to make it the perfect recording.
Since the company who made the film dont remember the singers name, it means she wasnt the next superstar...
the "original clip" which is much slower can be hear on YouTube, And the echo in this clip is just because the sound is recorded from a TV nearby; the echo is from the room. Nowadays everybody can make this tiny chanced in the original clip and hear the difference, all you have to do is download Audacity, peace a cake!

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

December 28th, 2008, 6:57 pm #2

I uploaded the 2nd clip you have linked there. The one with only sound. And it has NOT been recorded from a TV. I got it from the DVD but all I could edit from the movie was the sound... So that is all I uploaded.
There really isn't any difference in the recordings... it is all to do with the brain. You notice things alot more when only one of your senses are actually doing their job. There is no video, so you are listening to the audio alot more... and to u it is sounding different.

I hate to sound rude... but this topic is getting boring now.

Joel
Joel

December 28th, 2008, 7:16 pm #3

I admitt the TV recording thing was my conclusion, but you must admitt that the to versions sounds alot differnt, and there is a time differnce! I have asked other peaople and they do say the same thing, so it´s not just me who can hear two differt versions of the same clip!

But you gotta face it! obviously they did hire someone to sing the song, then they mixed it abit and made it thinner and brighter. that is probarbly why the "artists" name isnt in the credits, since they have remade her voice! I dont think that she sings that high and beautifull in the reality, her voice is fake.

Meghan
Meghan

December 28th, 2008, 7:59 pm #4

This is my conclusion:
They hired a local girl in L.A and let her sing these 13 seconds of tomorrow. But they thought that her voice must have been to dark, since they A, chanced her voice by making it thinner and much brighter with the help of probably computers. And B, changed the tempo of the song.

I call this version the original since it is much slower and must be the original. The song comes at 5:14

The time difference on the both songs is about one second, They simply rearranged they tempo and her voice to make it the perfect recording.
Since the company who made the film dont remember the singers name, it means she wasnt the next superstar...
the "original clip" which is much slower can be hear on YouTube, And the echo in this clip is just because the sound is recorded from a TV nearby; the echo is from the room. Nowadays everybody can make this tiny chanced in the original clip and hear the difference, all you have to do is download Audacity, peace a cake!
YOU FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT JOEL!
you are most likely the only one on the planet who cares at all, but you wanted to know, and you figured it out, so i guess thats all that matters.

BTW, the two clips you posted are exactly the same. the sound identical. i dont know what you are talking about them being different. and the second one definately does NOT sound like it was recorded off of a tv. I think you have been obsessing over this for so long that you are hearing things.

we can move on past this ridiculous topic now! woohoo!

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

December 28th, 2008, 7:59 pm #5

I admitt the TV recording thing was my conclusion, but you must admitt that the to versions sounds alot differnt, and there is a time differnce! I have asked other peaople and they do say the same thing, so it´s not just me who can hear two differt versions of the same clip!

But you gotta face it! obviously they did hire someone to sing the song, then they mixed it abit and made it thinner and brighter. that is probarbly why the "artists" name isnt in the credits, since they have remade her voice! I dont think that she sings that high and beautifull in the reality, her voice is fake.
Some people do sing like that?
I just think you are taking this too far.
Maybe there is a difference... but the only thing i see different is one has video... the other doesn't. Now please end this foolish search now. Even if you did find out who sang "Tomorrow" for the movie... what good would it do? A full version of the song does not exist... well, not to the public anyways. This is beyond a needle in a haystack...
And you are making up things and stating them as facts.

RLS
RLS

December 28th, 2008, 9:15 pm #6

I don't think that they sound any different at all. They sound exactly the same to me.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 28th, 2008, 9:59 pm #7

This is my conclusion:

Joel:

All I can say is that they probably could not afford to license the original recording with Andrea McArdle so they hired a young singer to record that small part. I doubt that they did anything unusual with the recording.

Julie

Joel
Joel

December 29th, 2008, 11:20 am #8

Is it only me and my friends back here in Sweden who actually hears that the sound is different?, We have been discussing this thing many times here in this forum and still, all you people have to say about the thing is " let it go",

But I do agree with Julie, that they hired someone to sing the song, since they couldn´t afford the original. Why is it so hard for you guys too understand that they have chanced her voice? they do such things all the time! Even Abba did these kind of things!, thats why they didnt sound very well when they did have their tour.

maybee the singer didnt want people to know that she had sung in the movie?, maybee they rearranged her voice and didnt type her name in the end credits.? who knows? maybee she do sing that well, but why do they hide her from the public?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 29th, 2008, 12:57 pm #9

Joel:

I'm almost certain that the singer probably spent a few hours in the studio, got paid a one-time session fee, and never thought about it again. The movie studio had to pay Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin (composer and lyricist) for the use of the song, however, they did not have to pay performance royalties (for using the original recording) because they used their own singer.

Since the medley was not included on the movie's official soundtrack CD, there would be no difference between the version on the DVD and the clip uploaded to You Tube - they are one and the same. You are correct that the two videos you posted are in different keys, but that could have to do with the conversion speed on You Tube or one of the two computers used to upload those clips. It's only a difference of about a half a step in key, so it's more like one version is just running slower than the other - again, I would blame that on a computer issue.

Julie

french_girl
french_girl

December 29th, 2008, 1:36 pm #10

This is my conclusion:

yep i hear the difference too, as Julie said, it's not in the same key (if you guys want to hear it, just sing the last note (sp?) and keep singing it while hearing the last note of the second clip, you'll see you're singing another note (how do you say that, tune?))

anyway, maybe it has something to do with the computers or youtube.. though you might be right about the time difference (i didn't check but it seemed to me too like it's more "condenced" in the second version").

anyway, i'm happy for you. if what strucked (sp) you was this unusually high and beautiful voice, then it's true it might have been fake. though, to me, some poeple like Alisson Smith did sound similar to this.