a passing

a passing

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 22nd, 2008, 5:40 pm #1

It saddens me to report a passing of a wonderful "Annie" alum and woman, Kathryn Skatula. Kathryn was in the ensemble of the original California company of "Annie" (the 2nd National Tour). She was diagnosed with a horrible, deadly muscle condition a few years ago. Kathryn continued to work in musical theatre after "Annie" and even taught voice to many alumns from the show, myself included. She will be missed.

Julie

Kelly
Kelly

August 22nd, 2008, 6:29 pm #2

I studied also with her from 1988 to 1992 with as good friend of mine John. We drive every Saturday from Orange County to LA to study with her. I spoke with her last in the late 90's. She was a amazing woman. She will be missed. I have to let my friend John know.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 22nd, 2008, 6:36 pm #3

Services for Kathryn Skatula will be at 3 PM this coming Monday, August 25, at Mt. Olive Lutheran in Santa Monica.

Mt. Olive Lutheran Church is 1343 Ocean Park Blvd Santa Monica 90405
(14th and Ocean Park Blvd.)

k-the-O ;-)
k-the-O ;-)

August 22nd, 2008, 6:42 pm #4

It saddens me to report a passing of a wonderful "Annie" alum and woman, Kathryn Skatula. Kathryn was in the ensemble of the original California company of "Annie" (the 2nd National Tour). She was diagnosed with a horrible, deadly muscle condition a few years ago. Kathryn continued to work in musical theatre after "Annie" and even taught voice to many alumns from the show, myself included. She will be missed.

Julie

That's very sad. Look how beautiful she was!

If her friends and family (and former students) happen to be reading, my condolences to you.

Elin
Elin

August 27th, 2008, 2:12 am #5

Julie

I saw her in the Oliver! tour with Andrea McArdle in 1997. Kathryn played Old Sally and understudied Nancy.

Suzy
Suzy

August 28th, 2008, 9:14 pm #6

Julie

I'm sorry about the loss of your dear friend, teacher and cast-member.

Take good care, and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Suzanne