A little OT-Gypsy

A little OT-Gypsy

Katherine
Katherine

June 10th, 2008, 6:28 pm #1

Hi everyone,
I have been reading about the current Gypsy revival and many articles state that Katie Micha, who shared the role of Phyllis Who with Molly Ryan (Annie 30th,) has been going on for Baby June, instead of Sami Gayle. Does anyone know whether she is now playing the role permanently or whether Sami Gayle has been out sick? I figured this question might get answered by Emma Rowley's mom, since I know she is a poster here, but if anyone else knows the answer, I'd love to know. I'm sure both girls are fantastic performers, and so lucky to be on Broadway!

momofadvia
momofadvia

June 10th, 2008, 6:48 pm #2

I heard that Sami had broken her leg prior to opening and that she was going to be out for at least a month. I don't know if she's returned to the show.

momofadvia
momofadvia

June 10th, 2008, 6:50 pm #3

Hi everyone,
I have been reading about the current Gypsy revival and many articles state that Katie Micha, who shared the role of Phyllis Who with Molly Ryan (Annie 30th,) has been going on for Baby June, instead of Sami Gayle. Does anyone know whether she is now playing the role permanently or whether Sami Gayle has been out sick? I figured this question might get answered by Emma Rowley's mom, since I know she is a poster here, but if anyone else knows the answer, I'd love to know. I'm sure both girls are fantastic performers, and so lucky to be on Broadway!
I heard that Sami had broken her leg prior to opening and that she was going to be out for at least a month. I don't know if she's returned to the show.

Rachel
Rachel

June 10th, 2008, 6:59 pm #4

She broke her pelvis right before opening night.

Rachel

Katherine
Katherine

June 10th, 2008, 7:06 pm #5

Oh no!! That poor girl, I hope she is doing better now. How sad for her to get injured, especially right before opening night. Best wishes for her.

km
km

June 10th, 2008, 10:16 pm #6

I don't feel comfortable giving too many details re. Sami's injury since she's not my daughter. I will say that it was not a broken leg or broken pelvis - but something less serious. She was unable to perform the role of Baby June for the first few weeks, but went on as the balloon girl instead. She's now healthy and performing full time.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

June 10th, 2008, 10:41 pm #7

Hope she's OK! How disappointing to suffer something that delayed her performing. Relay best wishes for me please!

sks
sks

June 10th, 2008, 10:52 pm #8

I don't feel comfortable giving too many details re. Sami's injury since she's not my daughter. I will say that it was not a broken leg or broken pelvis - but something less serious. She was unable to perform the role of Baby June for the first few weeks, but went on as the balloon girl instead. She's now healthy and performing full time.
Hello, Can you please e-mail me when you get a chance. My daughter met your daughter at McDonalds a few weeks ago. Big surprise meeting and daughter was thrilled. Thanks

anniefan9
anniefan9

June 11th, 2008, 2:05 am #9

....i have been hearing alot about Sami breaking her pelvic bone either way thanks for the info you gave
I am so happy sami is performing agian