a fun game.....

mary
mary

March 25th, 2008, 8:30 pm #1

if you were to change one thing of annie's story or the orphanage what would it be?

old fan
old fan

March 25th, 2008, 9:40 pm #2

...give the orphans a few more lines or another feature song.

Morgan
Morgan

March 25th, 2008, 10:58 pm #3

if you were to change one thing of annie's story or the orphanage what would it be?
It always bothered me that the other orphans didn't have a new home at the end. I would Daddy Warbucks to say that he is going to help them all in some way!

old fan
old fan

March 25th, 2008, 11:19 pm #4

...doesn't Warbucks say his friends will adopt them all, and the orphans cheer, then he says that then they can all go to school, and they start to cheer and then realize what they' re cheering for?? I kinda forget ! I never did see Annie Part 2 (whatever it's called)

mary
mary

March 25th, 2008, 11:22 pm #5

yes and i never saw annie warbucks either

Morgan
Morgan

March 25th, 2008, 11:38 pm #6

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I guess I just want it more finalized. But, it's definitely reassuring to know there's some hope for them

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

March 26th, 2008, 3:46 am #7

At the end of Annie Warbucks, Grace talks Warbucks into adopting all the Orphans ("Why not? They're small!"). The Orphans were a little different by then; I think there were only 5, and one was named Peaches.

What should be changed in Annie? Lose Rooster's switchblade bit.

Meghan
Meghan

March 27th, 2008, 4:31 am #8

Yep, you are right, grace does say that.
and the orphans who are in Annie Warbucks are Molly, Tessie, Pepper, and Peaches. well those are the only ones called for in the script and that have lines, but some theaters probably add in the standard group (July, Duffy, Kate). Peaches is a mean orphan. Pepper is more just tough.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 30th, 2008, 11:59 pm #9

Well, I'd want the original script where Annie is cursed. Maybe it freaked out Miss Hannigan and didn't work with her character?

Although, this was one of the very early writes so, obviously, a lot was changed from the first draft.

old fan
old fan

March 31st, 2008, 12:51 am #10

...something about that too...maybe it was thought not to be "appropriate ?" I kinda forget...what do you remember about that draft/storyline, K-the-O ?