36hrs left to Vote for "KELLY D" in Mary Poppins Contest

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 30th, 2008, 6:27 pm #1

Go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and vote for your favorite video... the winner wins a trip to NYC!

It is my daughters hope & dream to go to NYC... so, we would love and appreciate any and all votes for "KELLY D" if you haven't already voted!! Thanks!

ridiculous
ridiculous

August 31st, 2008, 4:13 am #2

here we go again!!!!

Noel
Noel

August 31st, 2008, 5:04 am #3

Go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and vote for your favorite video... the winner wins a trip to NYC!

It is my daughters hope & dream to go to NYC... so, we would love and appreciate any and all votes for "KELLY D" if you haven't already voted!! Thanks!
How long did it take K to learn the moves for the video? They seem rather complicated and I was impressed with all the videos where the people had learned the moves.

Although the little girl going in circles and the dude looking in the mirror obviously had their own unique take on the choreography but in general it looks like a lot of them actually learned it and I wondered how long it took.

NYCMom
NYCMom

August 31st, 2008, 1:56 pm #4

Agree, asking for votes over and over again is just not appropriate, IMHO.

Meghan
Meghan

August 31st, 2008, 5:57 pm #5

We have already established that the majority of posters here do not mind if someone posts theyre child or themselves in a contest in case anyone wants to vote for them. The "owner" of this forum has absolutely no problem with it, in fact, she even posted herself in a contest just recently and those of us who wanted to and appreciate Julie and her incredible talent, voted for her. No one is being forced to vote. Since you two clearly have a problem with it, why bother even clicking on the thread? Just ignore it. No one appreciates your rude comments, so please just move on with your life and dont vote for Kelly D if it bothers you so much. we never said you had to.

P.S. Kelly's video is awesome and certainly the best of all the ones i watched! I really hope she wins. and congrats to her on getting Amaryliss!

SuzyQBBee
SuzyQBBee

August 31st, 2008, 7:06 pm #6

Awwww, she is so adorable! She does a great job in the video! I hope she wins! She got my vote! :0)

Suzy

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 31st, 2008, 9:02 pm #7

Agree, asking for votes over and over again is just not appropriate, IMHO.
I'm sorry you feel that way...I wasn't necessarily asking for votes as much as I was informing the people that were interested, that the contest was coming to a close. I made it perfectly clear that people should vote for their own favorites, and that we would appreciate any votes that came our way. I agree with Megahn, if you are so strongly apposed to this sort of thing, then maybe you just ignore those types of threads. There are many people on this forum that do enjoy supporting each other and sharing our experiences with one another.

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 31st, 2008, 9:07 pm #8

We have already established that the majority of posters here do not mind if someone posts theyre child or themselves in a contest in case anyone wants to vote for them. The "owner" of this forum has absolutely no problem with it, in fact, she even posted herself in a contest just recently and those of us who wanted to and appreciate Julie and her incredible talent, voted for her. No one is being forced to vote. Since you two clearly have a problem with it, why bother even clicking on the thread? Just ignore it. No one appreciates your rude comments, so please just move on with your life and dont vote for Kelly D if it bothers you so much. we never said you had to.

P.S. Kelly's video is awesome and certainly the best of all the ones i watched! I really hope she wins. and congrats to her on getting Amaryliss!
Thank you so much for your support and for standing up for us in this situation. It is greatly appreciated! We'll let you know how it turns out!

fantastic5
fantastic5

August 31st, 2008, 9:07 pm #9

Awwww, she is so adorable! She does a great job in the video! I hope she wins! She got my vote! :0)

Suzy
we appreciate the positive comments!!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 31st, 2008, 9:21 pm #10

How long did it take K to learn the moves for the video? They seem rather complicated and I was impressed with all the videos where the people had learned the moves.

Although the little girl going in circles and the dude looking in the mirror obviously had their own unique take on the choreography but in general it looks like a lot of them actually learned it and I wondered how long it took.
The only required part to learn for the contest, was the choreography that goes with the spelling of "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". First thing she did was write down the spelling so she could follow it, then she probably spent and hour or so in front of the computer learning the motions and watching the video clip of the cast doing it. Then over the corse of several days, she would stick the cd in and practice it here and there. After getting that part down, she came up with the rest of the choreography on her own and put it all together. All in all it probably took her 3-4 hours to learn the whole thing.