Fantastic5
Fantastic5

September 2nd, 2008, 8:26 pm #21

Go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and vote for your favorite video... the winner wins a trip to NYC!

It is my daughters hope & dream to go to NYC... so, we would love and appreciate any and all votes for "KELLY D" if you haven't already voted!! Thanks!
HI All,
Just got an email that Kelly was a runner-up in the MP video contest! The email did not state which video won nor is it posted on the web-site. My assumption is that it was the adoreable little 4yr old-Isabella. Hopefully they will post the winner on the site in the next few days.

SO... "KD" did not win the trip to NYC, but she will receive a Original Mary Poppins Broadway Cast CD, which will be fun for her to have. Thank you again for ALL of the encouragement and support that we have gotten from the people on this forum. You guys are awesome!

Noel
Noel

September 2nd, 2008, 8:36 pm #22

Good for her, she did a great job.

I thought this line in the rules was rather interesting to say the least and I know these types of clauses are in all sorts of contests but the are normally disguised better than this one:

"All votes will be audited and are subject to change upon completion of the auditing process."

Normally they word it something like: "At the Sole Discretion of the Producers" but I have never seen it worded like this contest did.

Anyway, it was really fun to watch her video and to get to know you guys and I hope you continue to post and keep us updated on her progress in "Hello Dolly".

RLS
RLS

September 2nd, 2008, 9:18 pm #23

Yeah, I thought that was interesting too. I tried voting for her a few times when it was first posted and never looked like there was an issue, they always seemed to go throuh okay. However, when I went to go on and vote for her one last time before it ended, it brought up a screen that stated "NOTE: You have already voted - Duplicate votes will not be counted"... I just figured that they would be looking at ip addresses or something and delete multiple votes...

Congrats to her anyow, she did a great job and should be very proud of herself. For never having seen Mary Poppins, I thought that her performance really embodied Mary Poppins... She was really great... :O)

old fan
old fan

September 2nd, 2008, 10:52 pm #24

HI All,
Just got an email that Kelly was a runner-up in the MP video contest! The email did not state which video won nor is it posted on the web-site. My assumption is that it was the adoreable little 4yr old-Isabella. Hopefully they will post the winner on the site in the next few days.

SO... "KD" did not win the trip to NYC, but she will receive a Original Mary Poppins Broadway Cast CD, which will be fun for her to have. Thank you again for ALL of the encouragement and support that we have gotten from the people on this forum. You guys are awesome!
Runner-up is pretty amazing ! You did a great job, and it's another addition to your resume. Maybe you can use the routine another time, who knows ?

Sue
Sue

September 3rd, 2008, 1:16 am #25

HI All,

I think her routine was very entertaining and impressive. I voted for her for those reasons. I think she did AWESOME!!!! GREAT JOB KELLY D!!!

marie
marie

September 3rd, 2008, 2:13 am #26

Go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and vote for your favorite video... the winner wins a trip to NYC!

It is my daughters hope & dream to go to NYC... so, we would love and appreciate any and all votes for "KELLY D" if you haven't already voted!! Thanks!
http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=31772

Ronnie Boylan
Ronnie Boylan

September 3rd, 2008, 2:42 am #27

Are you serious?

He really won this contest. Obviously it wasn't on any kind of talent! We couldn't even get through the first few seconds of the video.

ridiculous
ridiculous

September 3rd, 2008, 3:03 am #28

More proof about my reasoning on this whole issue. If it is based on talent then talent alone would bring the winner to surface. Unfortunately it is all about who you know or what websited to get people to vote for you. A lesson learned for a lot of you mothers???

Meghan
Meghan

September 3rd, 2008, 5:32 am #29

Wait, whats the lesson learned? That a mother shouldn't let their child enter any contests? Because they might lose? And i dont think that IS the point you ever made any attempt to make. All you ever did was complain. No one wants your negativity here.

KD did a great job in her video, but someone else won. Big deal. The boy who won really wasnt bad at all. If you actually get to the part where he is doing the choreography he and his sisters (?) are quite good. Im sure that KD had a fun time making her video and will get over not winning. I honestly think it is incredibly rude of you to berate her mother for supporting her daughter. Really, if you cant say anything nice, please just dont say anything at all. Didn't you ever learn THAT lesson?

September 3rd, 2008, 6:26 am #30

Are you serious?

He really won this contest. Obviously it wasn't on any kind of talent! We couldn't even get through the first few seconds of the video.
If it hadn't been for Kelly, I would have voted for him. Their routine was quite elaborate, very well rehearsed and well done and very entertaining in my opinion.