AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

August 31st, 2008, 10:00 pm #11

Go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and vote for your favorite video... the winner wins a trip to NYC!

It is my daughters hope & dream to go to NYC... so, we would love and appreciate any and all votes for "KELLY D" if you haven't already voted!! Thanks!
Happy to vote for her. Thanks for sharing this with us and thanks for the reminder!

Noel
Noel

September 1st, 2008, 1:38 am #12

The only required part to learn for the contest, was the choreography that goes with the spelling of "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". First thing she did was write down the spelling so she could follow it, then she probably spent and hour or so in front of the computer learning the motions and watching the video clip of the cast doing it. Then over the corse of several days, she would stick the cd in and practice it here and there. After getting that part down, she came up with the rest of the choreography on her own and put it all together. All in all it probably took her 3-4 hours to learn the whole thing.
Since it said show us your dance moves I thought that her entry was excellent because she did just that. Her "spelling" was really smooth and flowed and that is why I asked because she looked like it was just something that came natural but I knew it must have taken a while to learn.

Speaking of K makes me miss our updates on Hannie and Pepsi! How are they and what are they both up to these days, Moms?

ridiculous
ridiculous

September 1st, 2008, 2:49 am #13

Thank you so much for your support and for standing up for us in this situation. It is greatly appreciated! We'll let you know how it turns out!
i personally voted for the adorable 4 yr old.

RLS
RLS

September 1st, 2008, 3:32 am #14

Since it said show us your dance moves I thought that her entry was excellent because she did just that. Her "spelling" was really smooth and flowed and that is why I asked because she looked like it was just something that came natural but I knew it must have taken a while to learn.

Speaking of K makes me miss our updates on Hannie and Pepsi! How are they and what are they both up to these days, Moms?
Hi....

Thanks for asking... Pepsi is busy getting ready for school which starts here on Wednesday.... We have a busy few weeks coming up with school starting. A few auditions here and there. She did a bunch of shows this sumer which kept her very busy. She was invited to study at a theater camp out in Montana next summer. That was exciting, because it is invitation only and they only invited 2 children from our area... 9-year-old Pepsi and another little girl who is 11. The kids there range from 11-18.... So, it was really an honor to be invited since they knew that she is actually under they age they normally have there and they still want her there. She was very excited about it. Not quite sure that we can afford to make the venture out to Montana, but who knows what next summer will bring, it's a long way off! :O)

Hannie and my daughter have been talking a lot via email and texting. :O) I know that they are very busy down there adjusting to life in Atlanta, looking for a new theater "home" and making new friends, but they seem to be very happy and loving it there. We hope to get to visit them sometime in the next few months.

SuzyQBee
SuzyQBee

September 1st, 2008, 3:34 am #15

Happy to vote for her. Thanks for sharing this with us and thanks for the reminder!
i hope she wins :0)

suzy

Noel
Noel

September 1st, 2008, 3:35 am #16

I didn't understand the editing on that one between the two different outfits.

NYCMom
NYCMom

September 1st, 2008, 4:03 am #17

We have already established that the majority of posters here do not mind if someone posts theyre child or themselves in a contest in case anyone wants to vote for them. The "owner" of this forum has absolutely no problem with it, in fact, she even posted herself in a contest just recently and those of us who wanted to and appreciate Julie and her incredible talent, voted for her. No one is being forced to vote. Since you two clearly have a problem with it, why bother even clicking on the thread? Just ignore it. No one appreciates your rude comments, so please just move on with your life and dont vote for Kelly D if it bothers you so much. we never said you had to.

P.S. Kelly's video is awesome and certainly the best of all the ones i watched! I really hope she wins. and congrats to her on getting Amaryliss!
I never said I had a problem with the first request for contest votes (and thought she did a really good job with her video, for what it's worth). My comment meant that the asking/reminding multiple times was overkill. And also, like I said, that was just my opinion.

nc girl
nc girl

September 1st, 2008, 4:28 pm #18

Sounds to me like someone is jealous. Wondering if maybe you have a daughter that Kelly has gotten roles over--maybe Amaryllis or perhaps got beat out by her for this contest for the final voting or something?? Why would you care so much about the mother posting for votes--this is the type of website you should feel that you can do that sort of thing on--these people seem very supportive of each other to me. Why don't you just go away?

french_girl
french_girl

September 1st, 2008, 8:12 pm #19

Go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and vote for your favorite video... the winner wins a trip to NYC!

It is my daughters hope & dream to go to NYC... so, we would love and appreciate any and all votes for "KELLY D" if you haven't already voted!! Thanks!
hey, that was well done! and fun to watch too!

i watched twice and voted twice, but i dunno if it worked :/

good luck, and please keep us updated (sp), even if it seem to bother some poeple lol, I want to know if she wins!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

September 2nd, 2008, 4:08 am #20

Thank you for the encouraging comments! The winner was supposed to be announced today... but there has been no word or announcement on the site yet and the day is almost over. So... who knows!! Maybe they didn't think about it being a holiday today! Hopefully we will know tomorrow... I will post something either way, as soon as we know something!