30th Anniversary CD

30th Anniversary CD

Debbie
Debbie

May 29th, 2008, 11:02 pm #1

Is it Brittany who sings Tessie's solo in You're Never Fully Dressed? Is she the one who does the Boylan Sisters. I thought when I saw the show it was Casey? Do all the kids get a solo on the CD?

Amanda sounds great in the snip of 1934 I thought....

I have to say, I love Harve Presnell as well. I saw him on Broadway with Allison and he was AMAZING!!!

RLS
RLS

May 29th, 2008, 11:51 pm #2

I think that Amanda sounds really good on this cd preview.

Dina
Dina

May 30th, 2008, 2:54 am #3

Is it Brittany who sings Tessie's solo in You're Never Fully Dressed? Is she the one who does the Boylan Sisters. I thought when I saw the show it was Casey? Do all the kids get a solo on the CD?

I have to say, I love Harve Presnell as well. I saw him on Broadway with Allison and he was AMAZING!!!
Molly Ryan opened "Smile" as Duffy.

Dina

May 30th, 2008, 8:41 am #4

I think that Amanda sounds really good on this cd preview.
I know there has been lots of negative criticism, which I respect, but I'm still looking forward to getting it, especially to listen to Marissa's beautiful voice and to the songs I don't know yet.

CindyS
CindyS

May 30th, 2008, 10:10 pm #5

I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I really haven't found anything that was over the top critical. My main criticism lies with the orchestrations and direction of the lyrics. As a music teacher, I am often critical of anything musical and just find that the girls are singing very militant like, with a lot of emphasis on consonants. Nothing seems legato in the group numbers and the phrasing seems way off. But, again, I'm sure it was the way it was directed.

I'm also very partial to anything July does as my dd was July in two separate equity productions. In one she got to sing July's lines, and in another she sang with another orphan (I think Pepper). I just don't like it when July speaks her lyrics in Never Fully Dressed. My feeling is that if a child is pro enough to have been cast in a major production, then she's pro enough to handle the role in all aspects.

The soloists, however, are very good, but I still don't care for the orchestratons. There is nothing like pure instrumentation without any kind of synthesizing.

Again, just my opinion, but God bless everybody's hard work.

french_girl
french_girl

May 31st, 2008, 9:40 am #6

are you guys talking about a "cd preview" ? so you heard something already ? what is a cd preview (and what did you hear, how was it?)?

old fan
old fan

May 31st, 2008, 12:45 pm #7

...further down this page, at the top of a thread. He kindly shared a link that has previews of the 2 CD's.

french_girl
french_girl

June 3rd, 2008, 6:33 pm #8

thanks, i listened to it, i'm so excited, hope i will be abble to get it online