Jessie
Jessie

December 13th, 2008, 9:41 pm #11

there are a bunch of videos on youtube about it. Here's the link to one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc693cU4Sfg this user has almost the whole thing, including the firing of Joanna follow up special, but it's in a bunch of different parts, so you just have to go through and find them.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

December 14th, 2008, 1:10 am #12

I still can't believe they thought Britney was a better choice for Annie than Joanna, but who knows what goes on in their heads?
nmi

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

December 14th, 2008, 1:13 am #13

Bill Berloni states in his book that those associated with the company suspected the producers intentionally hired Joanna, but always planned on using Brittny. The theory being that the producers hoped the change of Annie's would create (positive) publicity just before the Bway run. Just like 1976. However, in 1976 NO ONE knew that Andrea wasn't the original Annie. And, in 1976, they weren't even at their out-of-town tryout. They were still at Goodspeed. In other words, the switch was so early in the run that there wasn't any publicity.

The whole Annie20th debacle was ridiculous and those involved have to live with their decisions.

But does anyone know what Lyndsay did after Annie? She played Tessie and became good friends with Joanna during the tour.
Also there was no internet back then so news certainly didn't travel like it does today. Annie was an unknown show and the girls in the show were for the most part unknowns though several including Andrea had exposure.

There really is no comparison to the OBC situation and what happened to Joanna. I'm hoping that AI leads her to further success!

K.S.
K.S.

December 14th, 2008, 4:56 am #14

I still can't believe they thought Britney was a better choice for Annie than Joanna, but who knows what goes on in their heads?
Another one who agrees with this. (nmi)

Another Stage Mom
Another Stage Mom

December 15th, 2008, 1:41 am #15

there are a bunch of videos on youtube about it. Here's the link to one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc693cU4Sfg this user has almost the whole thing, including the firing of Joanna follow up special, but it's in a bunch of different parts, so you just have to go through and find them.
nmi