Tony
Tony

December 23rd, 2008, 7:40 am #1

Hey I just found this clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQNUc3YddP4

old fan
old fan

December 23rd, 2008, 6:44 pm #2

I have always wondered if Molly's knees got sore (or injured !) during the up & down (knee) dance section she does near the end of "Smile." Does she wear knee pads ? Thanks for the clip.

Claire
Claire

December 23rd, 2008, 11:45 pm #3

I've always wondered that about the "Molly up and down thing". I've tried it myself, and it does get rather painful and it also gets increasingly more difficult to push yourself up with each consecutive up and down. But remember, not only are the girls who play Molly used to doing it, but they are also much lower to the ground than older kids or adults.

anniefannie
anniefannie

December 24th, 2008, 1:21 am #4

Hey I just found this clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQNUc3YddP4
Since there are 7 orphans performing, I assume the swing got to do it, too! I think it's nice that they included her! Those were back in the days when the swing was a kid!

Morgan
Morgan

December 24th, 2008, 1:50 am #5

I wonder if the swing is the orphan in the light blue dress. Her dress doesn't seem to fit in with the rest. Is Molly Ringwald one of the orphans? Her name came up in the comments.

Claire
Claire

December 24th, 2008, 1:52 am #6

Since there are 7 orphans performing, I assume the swing got to do it, too! I think it's nice that they included her! Those were back in the days when the swing was a kid!
Yeah, I noticed that there was one extra orphan, and I was wondering who it was. Thanks to you I know it was the swing.

Claire
Claire

December 24th, 2008, 1:53 am #7

I wonder if the swing is the orphan in the light blue dress. Her dress doesn't seem to fit in with the rest. Is Molly Ringwald one of the orphans? Her name came up in the comments.
I'm wondering the same thing. Every time I watch it I think "who is that girl with the different looking dress?"

Kelly
Kelly

December 24th, 2008, 6:06 am #8

This cast of orphans included all but one of the original girls. ]the swing is Jessica Newell who has her hair in a blonde ponytail. She later became kate when Paula left and Molly Ringwald became Pepper. She also got to played Annie for 3 weeks when Louanne Left to to a movie. Jenny Cihi who played Pepper until Dec 1978. Paula Benadentti who was Duffy moved into the role of Pepper and Michelle Graham became Duffy. By the way Duffy sang the who cares what they wearing solo in this cast. Loved this cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dina
Dina

December 24th, 2008, 11:17 am #9

Wow Kelly, I am very impressed that you know all this!!! That's a lot to get straight (almost got dizzy just reading it! LOL)

Happy Holidays!

Dina

Dina
Dina

December 24th, 2008, 4:38 pm #10

I have always wondered if Molly's knees got sore (or injured !) during the up & down (knee) dance section she does near the end of "Smile." Does she wear knee pads ? Thanks for the clip.
I think in the 20th Anniv. tour she started doing it differently, with the opening and closing of the knees. I never liked how that looked. I prefer the original way. I know it's probalby more painful to execute, but it looks so much better.