13 Musical on itunes

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

September 30th, 2008, 5:45 am #1

Just wanted to let everyone know that the cast album of "13" is now available to download from iTunes. It sounds great.

Julie

sks
sks

September 30th, 2008, 1:47 pm #2

I took my niece to see "13" this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the show. I really enjoyed it very much. Alot of talent in this group of teens and I particularly thought that Allie (who plays Patrice) was a standout singer.

Here is a link to the making of the album:

http://www.sh-k-boom.com/13Video.html

Dina
Dina

September 30th, 2008, 4:55 pm #3

I think Allie did a really nice job too in "What it Means to be a Friend"..though I have to say I have a preference for Sara Niemietz..who has a deeper, richer voice.

I can't wait to see the show on Nov 8th!

Meghan
Meghan

October 1st, 2008, 1:36 am #4

Just wanted to let everyone know that the cast album of "13" is now available to download from iTunes. It sounds great.

Julie
This is the first time i've heard anything but the opening number and what it means to be a freind, and I LOVE IT! Not that i wasnt expecting to, i love JRB and think he is a genius. The sound of the show somehow isnt how i had imagined it, but still i really really love it.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

October 2nd, 2008, 6:11 pm #5

Julie
If anyone would like to download the new cast album for "13," please send me an email for directions.

Julie

Meghan
Meghan

October 2nd, 2008, 10:12 pm #6

I wish you had posted this BEFORE i had already paid to download it! lol. Its okay. I'd rather do it fair and legally. I'm happy to give Jason Robert Brown my money. He's amazing. (although who knows how much of the profits he actually gets, probably not much)

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

October 2nd, 2008, 11:42 pm #7

Yes, let's not spread the word that I am offering a link to a free download. I didn't upload the file - someone else did - but I figured since it was being offered, I would share the link with others. I agree that Jason deserves to receive his share of the digital downloads, but it's just impossible these days to protect anything available on the Internet.

Julie

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

October 3rd, 2008, 2:20 pm #8

I took my niece to see "13" this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the show. I really enjoyed it very much. Alot of talent in this group of teens and I particularly thought that Allie (who plays Patrice) was a standout singer.

Here is a link to the making of the album:

http://www.sh-k-boom.com/13Video.html
How old is your neice? Did you feel the content/jokes were appropriate for that age group? I have read some reviews that suggested that some of the content in the show was inappropriate, crude and off color, but then other people are raving about it and loved it!! I am trying to decide if I should take my 13 yr old dd, who is fairly sheltered. Any thoughts?

Elin
Elin

October 3rd, 2008, 9:28 pm #9

tonya
tonya

October 3rd, 2008, 10:04 pm #10

How old is your neice? Did you feel the content/jokes were appropriate for that age group? I have read some reviews that suggested that some of the content in the show was inappropriate, crude and off color, but then other people are raving about it and loved it!! I am trying to decide if I should take my 13 yr old dd, who is fairly sheltered. Any thoughts?
I am pretty sure that I wouldn't take Allie to see this for SEVERAL years. I have only listened to a few songs and have heard a*s, Pen*s, and h*ll. I don't think I would even allow her to audition for this musical. I do like the song "13" though.