Run Run Shotgun

Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

July 5th, 2015, 4:23 am #1

*The day aboard the WestHighland S.S. started fairly enough. Waves were smooth and the large cruise liner was a few hours from the port town of Hasmuth after a three day voyage. Passengers were called into the mess hall for mid day dinner. Those who were not out gathering sunlight or seasick in bed went. Nothing out of the ordinary until two individuals brazenly ruined the day for everyone.

For now a lob of back and forth gun fire was the culprit of the day breaker. The mess hall was in shambles. One man who attempted to stop the battle with magic lay bleeding on the ground in the center of the room. A few other stragglers were hiding behind or under various furniture.

One gun-slinger with a gangster persona held their ground behind an upturned table and brandished a tommy gun.*

Tommy Gun Shooter: If I'd known you would be here, I would've done this far earlier in your room.

*The other was a man with dark hair in a brown derringer coat wielding a one barrel shotgun. He was in the midst of loading.*

Shot Gun shooter: Apologies for the bullets everyone. Please take an available exit when you can.

Tommy Gun Shooter: Don't act like this ain't your fault!

*He flinched as the tommy gun went wild against the bar he hid behind. The shotgun loaded, slipped around the side of the bar, and fired. The slug knocked a decent sized notch out of the side of the table.

Sighing openly, the shot gun wielder went back behind the counter. A few stray tommy gun bullets hit the liquor cabinet behind the bar and shattered a bottle of whiskey. The glass fell nearby and beyond it he caught the movement of a new person hiding behind the bar with him.*

Shot Gun Shooter: Where did you come from?

*His words were overshadowed by another spurt of trigger happy bullets.*

*The new person behind the bar is your character.*

Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 2nd, 2015, 6:17 pm #2

"Where did I come from? I was just here minding my own business when suddenly all hell broke lose and I somehow had the bad luck to choose the same hiding spot as the target so ya can just bite me for all I care."

Up to a few minutes ago, Astara indeed was minding his own business. He had finally gotten some money together and had set out on a journey to find out if there were more people he knew who had ended up on this world. Plus with all the damage he had caused to Allcity, Astara figured it would have been better for him to not be around for a while. He had decided to take the boat since he wasn't all that comfortable with flying.

At the start of the journey everything had been fine. The weather was nice, the waters were calm, some of the female staff and passengers were pretty nice to look at so he really had just been relaxing on the deck during the day and drinking in the bar during the evening. Somehow Astara figured there wouldn't be much of that any day soon with the bar being ruined by all the gunfire.

And it was all their fault.

"Do me a favor and either shoot the guy or get shot. This way all of the boo-"

The man with the tommy gun once again opened fire, once again reducing the amount of bottles inside the liquor cabinet

"Booze gets ruined..."

Astara peeked alongside his side of the bar at the man with the Tommy gun.

"Hey you, either improve yer aim or beat it. It's bad enough that ya've ruined half of the booze already."

Astara's insult was met with another volley of the Tommy gun, resulting in another couple of bottles breaking. How rude. Once again taking cover behind the bar, Astara finally took a few seconds to see who the target in question was. This made him raise an eyebrow.

"Hey, don't I know ya? Ya didn't really seem like the type to be on a mob hit-list, so what's the deal here?"

Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 5th, 2015, 4:25 am #3

ShotGunner: Not that. Where did you -

*His words are capped by more tommygunning from the tommy gunner. The two men wearing brown tailcoats and a knit to pick were left to their own thumb twiddling while the booze spoiled.

Bystandard's relent of wasted alcohol did not go unnoticed. Though Shotgun had little room during their time under the sweet sound of shot splattering and glass.*

ShotGun: Hold that thought.

*A reprieve arrived after Shotgun loaded the weapon, took more careful aim over the bar, and shot. The slug hit the wooden furniture shield of TommyGun and blew it into splinters. Tommy had to move or replace a few teeth with bullets if he slacked off.*

*Recollections from Bystander caused Shotgun to glance at him sideways behind the glasses.*

ShotGun: That is precisely what I meant by. . . . Forget it. More importantly you have no right to bring up mob hit-lists after that time in Littleton at the RasberryEncounters Inn.

Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 6th, 2015, 8:51 pm #4

Astara blinked for a couple of seconds. Clearly he had already completely forgotten about what happened back then. Then it dawned on him. This also explained why the guy looked so familiar. Then, once the memories started to return, Astara just rolled his eyes in response to Keith's comment

"Ah come on, it's not like anyone got killed back then and ya have to admit that the guy was really being a genuine @##. How could I know he would bring his friends?"

Astara peered over the counter so observe whatever the mobster with the Tommy gun was doing. Apparently taking aim at whomever would pop his head out over the counter. Astara quickly moved back down as another spray of bullets ravaged yet another three bottles of fine booze. Oh the humanity.

"Fact is, yer currently having one of the boys quite eagerly out for yer blood,. Perhaps they did realize ya weren't just bein' an innocent bystander back then and this fella's here to 'have a little talk', huh?"

Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 9th, 2015, 3:13 am #5

Shotgun: If you could call those 'friends'. Swear one was his pet dog and the other was the horse he rode in on. Anyway there were negotiations in place with the guy before you dislocated his jaw with your 'black fist of justice' and made off with his girl.

*He smirked when Bystander almost acquired three new holes to his head out of curiosity. The smug mood continued as he reloaded the gun.*

ShotGun: I can assure you this altercation *Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-Shatter!* is purely a misunderstanding. On his part. He is mistaking me for another man.

Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 14th, 2015, 9:16 am #6

Astara frowned at Shotgun's snarky comments about the previous situation. This was not as he remembered it.

"Ah come on, that's not fair, Ya know full well that about half of the people there were his men. That and the dog was a real bitch, ya know she even bit me? The guy was clearly better towards his dog than towards his gal."

Another volley of bullets interrupted Astara's rant about how Shotgun was downplaying his actions. It was amazing how long it took for the fellow with the Tommy gun to mow his way through the bar. The people who had it made must have spared no expense to make it this sturdy.

"Anyway, ya have any smart ideas here? I assume ya already tried telling the man you're not who he thinks you are... Doesn't really look like someone who would listen to reason. Can't use my powers either on this ship. Don't think that's such a good idea."

Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 17th, 2015, 2:49 am #7

*Shotgun waited out Bystander's reponses politely. He took a moment to scoot himself to the edge of the bar counter. The end of his weapon stuck out over the counter, was uncerimonously shot at by Tommygun, and he wisely peeked around the corner before the assailant realized the gun tip was a distraction. Quickly, Shotgun pulled back around.*

*He considered Bystandar's words evenly.*

Shotgun: Heh. True. That dog bit me as well. Hmm. . . . Wait there for a second and I will find out. Hey!

*His voice shouts over the bar when the firing comes to a temporary calm*

Shotgun: You might be shooting at the wrong person.

Tommygun: What?

Shotgun: I think you have the wrong guy.

Tommygun: Yer jestin. . .

Shotgun: Truly spoken. I might not be who you are trying to turn into swiss.

Tommygun: Uhh. . . Sure would be awkward if you were right, Keith.

Keith: Yes, Specks. This must have been a -

Specks: IT IS YOU!

*The barrage continued worse than before. A bullet went clean through the bar counter between both the cowboy and Keith. Causing the shotgunner to raise an eyebrow. He turns to Bystander.*

Keith: There you have it. By the way, the room is certifiably empty now. If you have a plan on the side I would love to hear it.

Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 23rd, 2015, 8:10 pm #8

Plans? What were those? Can you eat them?

But in all seriousness, Astara really wasn't that good with plans. He was more of a 'wing it' kind of person. Right now though, Astara's usual way of handling things wasn't really an option.

"Certifiably empty my @##, I'm still here, ya know? It's not like I have anything to do with all this. Well, maybe after the insults he might also want to kill me just a little. Even then, ya have seen me doin' my thing the last time we met and ya still asking me for a plan? I destroy things, it's what I do best. Since we're currently at sea on a vehicle that would probably sink the second I activate my powers, I think my usual plan won't be doin' us any good here. Well, we would probably be able to shrug it off, but most of the passengers will probably be farin' less well."

Astara sighed. Things would have been so much easier if they had been on land. This was the last time Astara took a boat...

"So unless ya think it's an acceptable risk to take, I'm just an unarmed meatbag who is horrible with guns and about as useful as any other random bystander. Perhaps one of the cupboards holds something interesting..."

Astara opened one of the lower cupboards behind the bar and started looking for anything that might be of use. After a few seconds, he pulled back his head and looked straight at Keith.

"Oh and by the way, you knowing the guy's name doesn't really help yer innocent plea..."

Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Keith Denangande
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

August 30th, 2015, 6:11 pm #9

Keith: If you want to leave you are welcome to. By all means. Please step out from around the bar counter and head towards the exit. I’ll head the other way while our trigger happy dance partner teaches you to tango.

*Everything went wonderfully until Bystander Man brought up the downfall to his prowess.*

Keith: Your powers destroy boats? Since when? Blast. I thought your scaley arm ate bullets impenetrably or had dragon powers. I also thought you could turn into a cougar. But if that means I have to swim home we can work out another plan.

*Another bullet chipped straight through the counter and hit the other end between both Keith and Bystander. Sweat fell from the shotgun weilder’s brow. He quickly shot off another round and reloaded.*

Keith: I wonder where he found all of the ammo. That’s it. We’re best off finding a new hiding place. How does the upper deck sound to you?

Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
Astara Virgo
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster

September 24th, 2015, 8:46 pm #10

Well it was quite clear that their current hiding spot was quickly falling apart and didn't offer much at all in the protection department, so a change of location would be a good idea. Astara had hoped to find anything useful in the cupboard under the bar, but until now he had only found cheap booze, a couple of tablecloths and a bar of soap. Not a big score.

"Well I could probably give ya some shielding without damaging the boat too much but I'm not too fond of using my powers while on a lake with this many other people around, so unless it's absolutely necessary... The upper deck sounds like a plan to me. Ready when you are."

As soon as Keith would give the signal to run, Astara would do so, hoping he would be able to find his way to the deck before the mobster would.