To Tame a Wolf

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

7:37 AM - Jun 01, 2015 #1

It was kind of funny when Misa thought about it. Here she was, waiting on a subway bench for Dain to walk up and sit next to her. Of course, it wasn't the same subway bench. That subway had been waaay over in the bad side of town. But the bench was placed in the same area relative to the station, and just to be sentimental, she was wearing the same outfit she had been wearing the night she met him. She could recognize all her garments by their distinctive textures, and she always put them back in the same spot. Dain would recognize it as a casual dark blue blouse and slightly worn jeans, sensible sneakers and a light jean jacket.

Misa was reading a book again, her fingers grazing over the pages just as they had been when she first heard him walking up that first day. Who would have thought? First she runs into some random guy in the subway who almost fought her over a bench, and now about a month and a half later she was sitting in practically the same place, waiting for the same boy to take him home and introduce him to her family.

Misa had never brought home a boy to introduce to her family before. Ever. Of course, Dain was the first boy she had ever dated. But still, it was rather special. From what Misa had heard, Ryou was incredibly excited to meet Dain. Ren had declined to comment, as Ryou put it. Misa wasn't surprised. Ren was tough to win over when it came to strangers, and she expected more than a little bit of trouble out of the tyke. He might even be protective or jealous. Who knows. She had never brought home a boy so she wouldn't know how Ren would react. She just knew how Ren reacted to Ryou's dates. And that didn't usually go so well...

But it would be fine! Misa was sure of it. Ren just had to get used to Dain as a packmember and he'd get used to him.
Last edited by Newlight on 7:37 AM - Jun 01, 2015, edited 1 time in total.
"My brain makes the best decisions for everyone except me."

~ The Dude

Zank
A+ Student
Zank
A+ Student

11:02 PM - Jun 04, 2015 #2

It was just like the day he met her, something filled the air with electricity and fervor. Dain could feel it in his heels as soon as his feet hit the subway landing. It might not have been the same location but, given that this part of town was far less seedy, Dain couldn't have been happier. Somewhere Misa was waiting for him, their hands aching to entwine once again. It took him only a moment's glance to spot her, and when he had Dain felt his his heart melt instantly.

The last few weeks had been like heaven and had allowed him to get close enough to Misa to warrant a visit to her home. It was a task the young man was all too eager to accept. If taking one day out of his schedule would show her how serious his feelings were then there was no question that he'd do it. She had determined the time and date, told him where to meet her and left everything else to him. He had chosen his outfit, a dark blue button down shirt and a pair of black slacks. Around his neck hung a simple black tie that he had struggled with for an hour. Dain had even gone the extra inch and styles his unruly hair, or at least he had tried his best. After a few minutes of trying to comb it back, only to have it mostly unleash itself again, he had given up and left home.

He stood now, just behind the bench and on the precipice of excitement. Her fingers danced along the page of her book, she was dressed so familiarly Dain could swear it was déja vu. He had learned a bit about trying to pick up scents and, if any of his practice had paid off, he could pick hers out almost immediately. His girlfriend, his werewolf mate and the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Within her held all of Dain's happiness.

The tall teen took a breath and bent over the back of the bench so that his head was just beside and behind Misa's. He took one hand and managed to cover both her eyes before leaning in close enough to whisper,"You're on my bench."

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

11:40 PM - Jun 04, 2015 #3

Of course, Misa could smell and hear Dain coming long before he was close enough to touch her. But she had remained quiet, smiling down at her book for no real reason. His scent just made her so happy. The sound of his heavy footsteps made her want to giggle with excitement.

But though Misa had heard Dain moving behind her, she hadn't realized he was moving his arm around to touch her, and hadn't been expecting him to. Touch was another sense that she depended on more heavily than others, so it was always a surprise when someone touched her without warning. It wasn't unwelcome, just surprising. Misa jumped suddenly, not a very common reaction from her as her advanced senses made it very hard to catch her by surprise. Part of the reason she was always so relaxed was because she was always keenly aware of everything happening around her.
wrote:"You're on my bench."
Misa laughed brightly and touched the hand he held over her eyes. "I can still see you, silly," she told him. It was always so refreshing that Dain never worried about offending Misa on account of her blindness. It could make people so uncomfortable, but Dain understood that Misa was just like anyone else, and that she wouldn't be offended if no offense was meant.

Misa leaned back and turned to where Dain's face was. She cupped his cheek in her hand and kissed him softly in greeting.

"My bench now. But maybe I'll share."

~ The Dude

Zank
A+ Student
Zank
A+ Student

1:34 AM - Jun 05, 2015 #4

Misa's voice was a melodic tune Dain awoke everyday wanting to hear. Her words touched a spot in him no song by any band could reach. The way most people answered that music was their one big love in life, Dain swore with unbridled conviction that Misa was his. At this point, his only regret was not being my musically talented enough to sing to the stars of his affection and admiration.

"One of these days I'm gonna get ya and you won't see it comin' at all." He reveled in the kiss she laid upon him and paid her one of his own upon the soft of her cheek. "Just because you've caught me doesn't mean I can't keep ya on your toes." He stood back up and rounded the bench.

"Well I'd hate to intrude but I'm afraid that with a girl as gorgeous as you, I simply must insist I take this seat." Dain moved himself into the seat next to her and leaned until he felt her arm brush his. "I hope I didn't keep ya waiting too long? I had to stop at the store to pick something up along the way."

Dain reached into his pants pocket and retrieved a long, skinny box covered in blue velvet and lined with gold hinges. He gently took the book Misa held, closed it and placed it beside her. "Uh, I wanted to-well mark the occasion of meeting your family with a little gift." Dain's throat caught for a moment but he cleared it away quickly. "I actually got it when you told me we were gonna go meet them. I've been saving up too so I didn't need any help from the old man." Dain could feel his forehead heating up as he spoke, but he didn't know why. They spoke all the time and he hadn't had any issue since their first date. "So I got you this and I just hope ya like it."

Dain's hands stretched out and he placed the box on her palms. With a flick of his fingers it opened to reveal a gold necklace with a running wolf charm centered on it. "I wasn't sure if silver would be an issue or not, so I played it safe with gold. Don't wanna be the idiot who got his girlfriend a gift that hurts her." He smiled and shrugged his shoulders, an attempt to hide his anxiety.

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

2:39 AM - Jun 05, 2015 #5

wrote:"One of these days I'm gonna get ya and you won't see it comin' at all Just because you've caught me doesn't mean I can't keep ya on your toes."
Misa laughed and grinned in his direction. "That'll be the day," she said. She didn't mind sounding over-confidant. She could hear and smell even better than other werewolves. She highly doubted he would find a way to sneak up on her. Well, unless she was asleep, but that would be cheating.
wrote:Well I'd hate to intrude but I'm afraid that with a girl as gorgeous as you, I simply must insist I take this seat. I hope I didn't keep ya waiting too long? I had to stop at the store to pick something up along the way."
When Misa felt his arm against hers, she moved herself against him until he would be forced to put his arm around her, lest she squish it against his side. If he still didn't get the message, she'd take his arm by the wrist and move under it for him. She snuggled against him comfortably, reveling in the ease of her mate's touch. "I was here a bit, but I came early to read," Misa said.
wrote:"Uh, I wanted to-well mark the occasion of meeting your family with a little gift. I actually got it when you told me we were gonna go meet them. I've been saving up too so I didn't need any help from the old man."
Misa felt him take the book from her and set it down. She tilted her head curiously. A gift? What kind? She resisted the urge to reach out and feel the box, her own way of 'looking' at it. She could hear the shape of it from the echos coming off of it, but she couldn't think of what it might be based on that. Misa grinned, anticipation welling inside of her. Dain was so thoughtful. What a sentimental gift. It was sweet for boyfriends to spoil their girlfriends with 'just because' gifts, but this was especially sweet because it was for a significant reason. And because the reason wasn't one that would typically warrant a gift, it made the occasion seem even more special. And the fact that he had saved up his own money instead of using his father's, especially knowing how Dain felt about his father's money, that gave the gesture a whole new level of depth.
wrote: "So I got you this and I just hope ya like it."
Misa's hands explored the fine texture of the velvet before Dain flicked it open. The scent of gold swam up through the air to her. She blinked in surprise and traced her hands over the chain. It so fine that it was almost soft, easy on her sensitive skin. Her fingers settled on the charm, rubbing over it and observing the shape. It was a flat charm that she could pinch between her fingers, and when she did she recognized the shape as a running wolf.

He payed for this himself? Misa could smell the purity of it, and she didn't know a lot about gold but she knew that meant it probably had a high karat rating.
wrote: "I wasn't sure if silver would be an issue or not, so I played it safe with gold. Don't wanna be the idiot who got his girlfriend a gift that hurts her."
Slowly, Misa grinned. This was the first time anyone had bought her expensive jewelry. Misa's love wasn't the kind that was bought, and Dain's wasn't the kind that could only be shown through money. And bearing that, this gift meant so much more to the two of them than it could have to anyone else. This necklace was so special to Misa. When she wore it, she'd feel like she was officially marking herself as his. Like a prelude to the mating mark. A promise ring before an engagement one.

"I love it, Dain. I don't know what to say." Misa placed it back in his hands and then reached up to hold her hair up off of her neck, obviously inviting him to put it on her. "Thank you, Dain. This is so incredibly thoughtful. I love it, and I'm sure it's beautiful."

When he placed it on her she would rest her fingers over the charm, smiling at the way it felt against her skin. "And for the record...it's wise of you to avoid silver. It burns us, and our healing factor is ineffective. Wounds inflicted with silver heal at the rate it would for a regular human. Gold hurts vampires, but not werewolves." Misa reached up and wrapped her arms around Dain's neck. She pulled him down to him gently and kissed him.

But what was supposed to be a gentle kiss in thanks had more passion to it than she had anticipated, and before she knew it they were pulling at each other and kissing back. There they were, practically making out on a subway bench, and they didn't care if anyone noticed. Well, at least Misa didn't. And she was the one who could hear anything muttered about them.

Soon Misa heard the train approaching, and before she knew it the train was rushing past them. She pulled away, and laughed at herself, the sound of it lost in the roar of the train. She had been so focused on him that she had completely forgotten where they were.

~ The Dude

Zank
A+ Student
Zank
A+ Student

11:20 PM - Jun 06, 2015 #6

There was a small hot breath that escaped Dain when Misa presented her neck. He had never seen it as bare as in that moment, so small and delicate with skin like a winter morning. A dry scratch at the back of his throat forced him to swallow and refocus his attention. She sat still and composed, Dain could feel his heart beating as he moved his hands around her and sat the necklace pendent upon her chest. His fingers fumbled with the ends as his eyes went from the pendent to her blouse. Misa left much to the imagination, but Dain had quite the imagination.

"Happy to hear that, it looks great on you Misa. But I'll be damned if gold can't shine nearly as bright as you." He wore a proud smile of satisfaction. Dain had never bought a gift like jewelry for a girl before, so to see it go on as well as it had made it all worth every penny and minute of hard work. The grin on her face, the joy in her voice and the way she radiated when she was happy all drove Dain to do what he could to keep her that way.

Before he knew it, their lips were upon one another once more. It was his favorite part of having a girlfriend, kissing, especially with Misa. Dain found himself lost in their moment of romance. He could feel her drawing him back, building his passion with enticing movement. He could feel a low rumble in his chest as he worked to keep their connection, the feeling of her arms around his neck feeding him on. There wasn't anything outside of the two of them, no onlookers, no noise, no smell. Nothing but the quickening pace of their heartbeats and the puffs of air both let out as they struggled to keep from drowning within one another.

Then she broke away from him, Dain felt like he had barely made it to the surface of the ocean. His lungs felt like they'd been worked and his body had gone from tense to relaxed too many times to count. He felt as if his heart had been blown clean through his back, a shotgun blast of desire and emotion that his body was too shocked to immediately recover from. His ears rang with noise and he couldn't hear himself think, let alone make out what exactly Misa was laughing at. A quick glance around made him remember what they were doing and where they were exactly.

Had they missed their train? Dain didn't care. How long would it be before the next train? Not long enough. Were people watching them? Did he care at all? None of the questions he was asking himself mattered. Misa was there with him, they had shared their first moment of physical longing and it had been a bigger adrenaline rush than a life and death battle.

Dain joined Misa in her laughter, having fallen under the same spell she had. It was wonderful to become so engrossed in one person that the world around you could die out and you pay it no mind. This was it.

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

11:21 AM - Jun 07, 2015 #7

The train came to a nice stop, and a few people started heading over to it. Misa took a breath, recovering from her laughter. She grinned up in Dain's direction, her eyes gazing just over his head. It was then that it occurred to her that she had yet to actually explore the shape of his face. Once Misa's hands had ran over someone's facial features, her concept of their image was permanently logged in her memory. She knew that it was a weird thing to do, running you hands over someone's face and all. So she usually didn't, not to anyone outside of her pack and immediate family anyway. Her image of people always had to do with their scents and their heartbeats and the general shapes of their bodies. Now that her pack was gone there were only two people, Ren and Ryou, whose faces she mentally "saw" clearly.

Sometime soon, she'd like Dain to be the third.

"Come on, let's hurry," said Misa, standing and tugging on Dain's hand. It was their train that had just arrived. Misa had arranged their meeting time so that the two of them wouldn't have to wait too long, and even if Dain had gotten held back picking up the necklace, he had still actually arrived just soon enough to catch it.

Not too many people were taking the train this time of day, so there were enough seats open for Misa and Dain to sit. Misa sat at Dain's right and relaxed in her seat. She loved to feel the speed of the train. The ride would take them about thirty to forty minutes, but Misa had already explained that to him. Her hand rested in his, absentmindedly rubbing her thumb over the top of his hand.

"Ryou's excited to meet you," Misa told him, speaking a little more softly now that they had to be courteous of the other passengers. "She nearly went crazy trying to think of what to make for your first dinner with us. I think she settled on spaghetti. I hope you like that."

~ The Dude

Zank
A+ Student
Zank
A+ Student

11:41 AM - Jun 07, 2015 #8

After that brief display of affection, Dain was all too willing to settle for a more reserved setting for romance. The cars were hardly full but passengers scattered randomly made it hard to do anything more than hold hands. Misa's hands were worth their weight in gold though and it felt more like an extension of his own body than it was the poor girl's limb. It was the nest in which his hands weren't fists and could be rested.

"Oh that'll be pretty cool then won't it?" He took his free hand and triumphantly shot up his thumb! "Then it's kind of like we're having the same sort of meal we had on our first date huh? I mean, that manicotti we had was great but I'll take a plate of spaghetti any day." His stomach jumped at the mention of a meal. Dain had decided that he'd do well to save his appetite for their planned meal. Nothing more rude than to show up with no desire to eat food that was prepared specifically for you.

"I'm sure it's gonna go great, I mean you've told me so much I feel like I practically know them." Dain shrugged his shoulders,"But if you had any words of wisdom, any bits of advice, I'd be more than willin' to hear them, Misa." It'd be a bold face lie if Dain said he were completely calm. It was difficult to not worry about something you want more than everything. Confidence and the girl's smiling face would be what would see him through it all. "Is there anything I shouldn't say or talk about? I hate it when that happens and I don't end up hearin' about it until well after."

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

12:07 PM - Jun 07, 2015 #9

Wisdom or advice, huh? Misa thought over it for a little while. Misa was so accepting of everyone that she rarely considered what someone would need to know to make a good impression on her family. They were as accepting as she was, especially Ryou. And for many, many reasons. For one, Ryou very suddenly went from a single woman in the city to a single mother raising two wolfie kids in the middle of nowhere. You had to be an accepting person when you willingly accept a responsibility like that when it hits you without warning.

"It may sound cliche, but just be yourself. Don't think you have to impress them or win them over. My family is very, very accepting. Besides, children can be very perceptive. If you try to hard to impress Ren, he'll see through it and he won't trust you. Just let him see who you really are." Misa nodded and smiled thinking of her family. Her free hand absentmindedly reached up and rubbed the golden wolf charm between her fingers. "I guess I really should tell you, though...Ren is very protective of me and Ryou. He's got a lot of my father in him. And I mean a lot. So don't be hurt if he doesn't like you right away. He'll get used to you once he learns your not a threat and there's no need to be jealous or anything like that." Misa thought for a moment, then she giggled. "I'll tell you what, though. If he thinks you're interested in whatever poor creature he's dug out of the woods, that'll really help your chances."

Misa squeezed Dain's hand. She could imagine how anxious he was. She would be nervous out of her mind before meeting his family. But then again, at least from what he had told her, Misa's family was a lot easier to win over than Dain's was. "Let's see...things you shouldn't say? Um...I guess I never really think about that stuff since I just know not to say it." She giggled a little then thought to herself. "Well...you know we don't have a lot of money, and Ryou's a little worried about that. She...recognized your surname." Misa shrugged. She knew how it bothered Dain to be tied to all that money. "So she's worried she'll embarrass me or something if the house isn't spotless or classy or whatever. So be careful not to call the place 'quaint' or 'simple.' I know that's how I describe it, but Ryou can be a little sensitive, and she'd probably take that as a roundabout way of calling it small." Misa shrugged. She rubbed the back of her neck. "Eh...Ryou takes a lot personally now that I think about it. Definitely compliment the food if you like it, and be sure to thank her. Or she'll think you didn't like it. She's also a real girl-power person so no sexist jokes, not that you'd make them but..."

Misa trailed off. Her hand lingered at the back of her neck. She took a deep breath and sighed. "I don't Dain. I'm trying to think of stuff, but it all just seems like stuff you wouldn't do anyway." Misa chuckled at herself and shook her head. "Just relax. Be yourself. Think of my family as part of me. You didn't need any tips to win me over. I like you for you."

~ The Dude

Zank
A+ Student
Zank
A+ Student

12:38 PM - Jun 07, 2015 #10

"Man....you really know how to lay it on thick, don't ya?" Dain had a smirk and chuckle as he focused on her eyes. "You've got to be the sweetest, most wonderful gal out here Misa." He let go of her hand and moved his arm around her. He carefully scooted her closer to him and pressed his head lightly into her's. "I'll go ahead and see how they like me the way you do, and I'll be sure not to say anything dumb."

"It's just a pain I couldn't get to know Ryou before she realized the Serlo thing. I hate it being as troublesome as it is." And troublesome had it become. Dain had yet to mention the letters he had received the last few months, inquiries into when he planned on returning home. The boy hoped that Misa's family would accept him, for it seemed like his own might soon disown him. He made no mention of it to his girlfriend though. He had not decided when he would go, but he knew when he did that she would be with him.

"I dunno how I do with kids yet. I guess it's more a question of how kids do with me." Dain scratched his head and pulled Misa closer. "I've got my brothers and sister who are all older than me, so it's not like I can't relate. But I'm not sure if all the cool stuff I enjoy doing is still 'cool' with kids as small as him. But if he's out findin' critters then I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about in no time."

Dain remembered why he was doing all of this, trying so hard for something for what felt like the first time. For the girl who now sat cuddled into his side, the one with eyes like pearls and a heart of gold. It no longer mattered what anyone else felt or thought of him as long as she continued to choose him day after day. "Thanks again for bein' my girlfriend, Misa."