State of Panic! (~Open!)

xXAlexandriaXx
Student

March 10th, 2014, 4:45 pm #1

Lilliana Estrela
~Sometimes I have strange dreams...is any of this life real? Or not? Who am I?~

Lilliana expected to live a secluded life until a ripe old age. Just being uninteresting and boring. She was the child of a man who owned a fortune 500 company and a mother who'd rather make her daughter her personal mannequin than treat her like a real person. But lately alot of that had been changing. She'd been shipped off to a school because it had been discovered she had the ability to heal. This school was designed for people like her, people with special powers.

It was a new experience to her, exploring the outside world. So far she'd been a hostage, been in an airplane crash, met an interesting friend and been almost attack by a giant cat! But beyond that...all sorts of weird things had been happening around her lately as well. She'd become OBSESSED with eating nothing but vegitarian, she had a crazy attraction to apples and sweets more than usual lately and to top it all off...she swore she could almost hear better lately, she was constantly turning her head to catch sounds she'd never heard before.

But that was all nothing compared to the experience she'd go through today. Recently she'd awoken in the morning and her bed had been quite literally broken in half. Her personal assistant Lucy had of course fixed it and made sure she was sleeping comfortably by the next night. Laying in the midst of her blankets, nestled up like some sort of bird in a nest was Lilliana. Her chest lifted and fell beneath her silk pyjamas as she slept and her eyelids fluttered on occasion as she got lost in a world of dreams.

Sleep didn't last long however. An audible groan filled the entire room and then suddenly a loud CRACK could be heard and Lilliana's bed quite literally collapsed to the floor under the weight atop it. Lilliana jolted awake and was her her 'feet' in seconds. Though everything was...odd. Her body wasn't responding in the same way it normally would and her nose seemed awfully big...off-white golden nose. She could smell all sorts of odd things and her ears were filled with sounds she didn't recognize.

She turned her head slowly, laying on the floor in a heap and caught sight of something in her mirror that quite literally freaked her out. Staring back at her was not Lilliana. But a huge, Perlino horse with sparkling silver hooves, a golden mane and tail and white feathering up and down each of her legs. This quite literally freaked her out. She was...a horse? It was at that moment that her assistant, Lucy walked into the room from the hall and stopped dead in her tracks. She let out a cry of surprise and the emotions were almost infectious because Lilliana was on her hooves and ran out the door and down the halls.

She tripped and stumbled clumsily as she ran. She was not used to this form at all and it certainly showed. The stairs were certainly an issue too because she pretty much just fell down them. Eventually she found herself trotting about nervously in the main hall. She tried to call out for help but all that came out was a loud whinny that echoed through the halls. For all intents and purposes she looked like a panicked horse. And at that moment, she was.

BlueMoon
Honor Student
BlueMoon
Honor Student

March 11th, 2014, 1:45 am #2

Adonia had been in her dorm, reading some book phoenix had tossed at her a few days ago. It was awfully good, some fantasy novel with wizards. Normally Adonia was a fair reader, but this book was in Japanese so she could learn the language a little better. The school textbooks were... ok, but far from interesting for the girl who had spent most of her life in the wilds. She was struggling over some of the more complex words, which was a bit embarrassing... but she would write them down so she could ask phoenix or Okami to explain them to her later.

She was in the middle of writing one such word, when a crash followed by screaming caused her to jump hard enough her pen tore the paper. Adonia's blue eyes shifted upwards, fear making her body tense and ready to bolt, until she realized it wasn't in her room. Rather it was in the hallway.

Cautiously she poked her head out of the doorway, her hand shaking in uncertainty as she peered to see what was the matter. Other girls too, were staring in bafflement as they noted hoofmarks in the floor of the hallway. Adonia stared, curiously, as she sniffed at the air and caught the distinct hint of Unicorn... one that Adonia didn't know. Then she heard the panicked call for help, and that was all that was needed to send Adonia bolting down the hallway. If it was someone of her kind, in trouble, she certainly wasn't going to leave them alone. She ran down the hall, hopped the stairs with a grace most could envy, and hurtled about the corners so fast her silver hair whipped about. She found herself in the hall, as her eyes fell on the body of a creamy-silver creature panicking in the main hall. The scent hit her there, still oddly faint for being so close, but it was still all very familiar. Adonia jogged out, calling out with an answering whinny that sounded oddly distorted in her human form. "Are you alright?" She asked in the Unicorn's tongue. Her baby blue eyes wide and worried, searching back and forth for danger as she tried to near the mare.
~~~ Blue's Characters! ~~~
-Half God - Unicorn Woman - Pirate Unicorn - Pirate Kitsune Captain - Orphaned Werewolf cub

Unicorns / Kirin [Race]

xXAlexandriaXx
Student

March 11th, 2014, 2:49 am #3

Lilliana Estrela

Everything was a blur as she ran to the front hall. She called out for help and paced back and forth. The front doors were closed and she had no way of opening them. All she wanted to do was run away from whatever this way. It had to be some crazy form of dream. There was no way she was a...horse? Maybe she was having such a weird dream because of all the odd things that had been happening to her lately.

She hadn't expected anyone to come to her aid. But then there was someone, she stood stock still suddenly, deep purple eyes staring at the silver haired girl as if she was going to explode at any second. But then she...whinnied? Lilliana tilted her head a little bit and was surprised that she understood what the girl was saying. She was asking if she was alright. Alright? Did she look alright? She was a horse! She was confused! She was afraid! She let out a nervous nicker.

She stayed still and tried to speak to her, she let out a slow whinny which came out as, "I...whats going with me on?" She wanted to ask what was going on with her, her voice was filled with panic and confusion. She stomped a hoof on the ground and looked toward the doors behind her for a moment and then began to pace again back and forth, breathing heavily and snorting.

"Is this...dream?" She asked in a quick whinny. She hoped it was a dream, otherwise she was going to be seriously confused. Would she ever be able to change back? She hoped this wasn't permanent. This is how she felt right now. But little did she know that the future would have it grow on her.

BlueMoon
Honor Student
BlueMoon
Honor Student

March 12th, 2014, 7:48 pm #4

When the mare turned to face Adonia, she couldn't hide the shock and confusion from her face. She smelled like a unicorn, sounded like one, and even had most of the look... save the mare had no horn? This baffled Adonia enough so that it wasn't until the mare answered her that she was pulled out of her stupor. She blinked, decided that the horn would be addressed later and for now it was best to get the young mare calmed down before she seriously hurt herself or someone else.

Adonia let lose a slow, calming breath as she pulled her own startlement back together. "I don't know." She said after she puzzled out the strange phrasing of her words. She walked slowly, and with a great deal more confidence than she felt, towards the mare. Offering a hand to the young thing. "Calm yourself, miss." She said with a soft giggle, to show she wasn't afraid. "Your just going to hurt yourself." She said softly, offering the most gentle smile she could. "If you do, I'll open the door so we can find some privacy to sort this out."

Confusion flickered across her features briefly before the warmth took over again. "No, this isn't a dream, miss." She said, not at all certain why this mare may think it was a dream. Perhaps her horn had been stolen and it had left her in such a state? Which was a very drastic and dangerous thought, but the mare seemed healthy enough... just very, very confused.
-Half God - Unicorn Woman - Pirate Unicorn - Pirate Kitsune Captain - Orphaned Werewolf cub

Unicorns / Kirin [Race]

xXAlexandriaXx
Student

March 12th, 2014, 10:06 pm #5

Lilliana Estrela

She was indeed a unicorn. Though only a 1/4 of her was. But her blood was strong enough to develop many changes within her, to offer her a different path that she had yet to realize. Lilliana was unaware of the heritage her mother had bestowed upon her and never told her about. She paced back and forth nervously and snorted as her eyes searched the room for some sign that she was just having a very vivid dream. But everything she was feeling, smelling and seeing told her that it wasn't.

She locked her eyes onto Adonia for a moment and studied the calm body language. She snorted a little but leaned down hesitantly, a muzzle of soft velvet meeting the girls hand for a moment. Maybe the girl was right. Panicking really wasn't the best idea. But...she was a horse! What was she supposed to do? She looked towards the door and spoke in the unfamiliar, yet familiar language of the unicorns, "Ok. Try to be calm." She really meant to say that she would try but it sounded more like she was talking to herself.

So it wasn't a dream. Not in the slightest. She resisted the urge to run off down the halls again, fear apparently made people do really odd things...or at least her. Shuffling a little bit and wobbling on her four legs a bit. She was defintiely not used to this form in the slightest. She breathed in deeply, trying to keep herself nice and calm as she spoke again, "I'm...not sure how I ended up like this...I somehow became a horse overnight. I have a feeling someone is playing a prank on me."[b/] Of course her words were all jumbled still but the message was clear enough. It was like someone had just jammed a new language into her head.

"Why do you seem so calm?" She tilted her head a bit. It was like the girl was used to seeing a horse running around the halls. Then again, this was a school for people with supernatural abilities...how uncommon was it really?

BlueMoon
Honor Student
BlueMoon
Honor Student

March 14th, 2014, 1:46 am #6

Adonia was glad when the young mare was working to calm herself. The touch of the muzzle was a good sign, even if the poor thing seemed confused out of her mind. She glanced behind her, as people were no doubt starting to gather to see what was going on. Even with their school, where the weird and unusual was common place, seeing horses in the halls was a sight to see. Adonia slipped past Lilliana, and pushed open the door. Propping it open so the young mare could squeeze out. "Come with me, careful through the door." She cautioned, and caught herself before she mentioned anything about a horn. She really didn't know what to make of the girl, who smelled like her kind... looked like her kind save for the most iconic feature.

At least she was certain she would feel far better in the fresh of outside. Adonia did, she loved the outdoors as one born to it would. However, her attention as still fixated on the young mare in an effort to keep her calm and to listen to her odd accented words. "So I see..." She said easily, though inwardly it made even less sense to her. Could some bit of magic have giving her Unicorn like abilities? Like a wish gone side-ways? She didn't fret over the strange problems, as she knew the mare could sense it if she did.

A small giggle escaped her throat as the mare asked why she was calm.[b] "You are not the first... uh... Horse I have seen." [/b]Adonia would carefully lead the girl away from the school, and into the quiet of the woods hoping she would follow. "What is your name? I'm Adonia?" She asked curiously.

Unicorns / Kirin [Race]

xXAlexandriaXx
Student

March 14th, 2014, 2:41 am #7

Lilliana Estrela

Lilliana's deep purple eyes drifted to the people gathering. Most were still in their bedclothes and rubbing the sleep from their eyes. She imagined she had made quite the racket...apparently she was rather loud. She tried to apologize to them but it came out as a long whinny which none of them would understand except her and probably the girl who'd come to her aid, whom she turned her attention to as the door was opened. She turned around and walked out of it, bumping the side and nearly jumping ten feet in the air.

She was certainly clumsy on her hooves, the walk feeling like she was crawling or something. It was a different feeling using four legs instead of two. She followed Adonia into the forest and was surprised how much she calmed out in the open air. All kinds of space around her and the wind in her...uhm...hair? She turned her eyes to Adonia hopefully. Maybe it was this girl playing the prank on her? Maybe it really was a dream. She didn't know. But freaking out was apparently doing her no good at this point.

She quite literally flopped onto her side when they got to the clearing. She'd basically just gotten out of bed after all and so she was tired. Her eyes looked up at Adonia. So apparently she wasn't thef irst horse to run wild in the school. That was a calming thought. She spoke back to the girl, the language flowing out a tiny bit more smoothly, though it was still clumsy at best, "My name is Lilliana. I'm new here. Pleasure to meet you Adonia. I'd curtsy...but...that's not exactly possible in this form I don't think."

She stumbled to her feet and snorted, long strands of forelock flying out of her eyes, "So...you seem a little too familiar with my circumstances...care to explain?" She asked this suspiciously.

BlueMoon
Honor Student
BlueMoon
Honor Student

March 14th, 2014, 3:20 am #8

Adonia paused to make certain that the mare was moving alright, she had been in such a wild panic she was worried she might have hurt herself. Instead though, she looked wobbly like a young foal. Which was both concerning as well as a tad entertaining to watch as she lead the way. When she flopped down on her side, Adonia turned and crouched near the girl. "Are you in any pain?" She asked worriedly, as she kept close enough for comfort but not to push the mare's limits just yet. Then she giggled as she mentioned curtsy. "Please don't try... it would just be awkward." It was the truth, polite bows and what not... just weren't all that dignified when in their equine form.

She watched Lilliana stumble to her feet and snort at her. She didn't move or flinch, as if she had seen such gestures a thousand times. Instead, she pulled out her cellphone, tapping away at the keys slowly as if she were still learning how. "You can lay down still if you wish." She said as she finished sending a text to someone who might have a better idea of what to do. Kahle was older, and world traveled.. perhaps he could help this mare? She wasn't sure, Katharine was her next choice, but the mare was far too old to make such a hasty trip. "Hm..." She said in thought to the mare's suspicious question as she thought about how to answer her. She didn't want to delve into the most obvious right away, the strange fact that her horn seemed to be missing. Instead she reached up to her own bangs, pushing them aside to reveal the starmark upon her brow. "Does this mean anything to you?" She asked in uncertain worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Some twenty minuets later, the pounding of hooves on soft earth rumbled ahead of his arrival. At first it was faint, where only someone with keen ears could hear, but it was growing closer and the urgency in the pace was clear. Kahle was running flat out, for several reasons, but namely because he had read Adonia's text, about a panicked, confused Mare on campus. His first thoughts were simply to get there as fast as one could, which he had thankfully been close to the school's transporter local.

Just as the sun was peeking its twilight over the edge of the trees, he broke through the Forrest into the clearing. His silver body was damp with sweat, yet somehow it still gleamed with that otherworldly-ness as the light hit his pearly coat. His mane and tail flew in his wake, as slowed from into a walk. His breath steamed hot and quick from his flared nostrils, ears perked forward at the pair of mares. He recognized Adonia easily, but the second mare was unknown to him. Vibrant blue eyes swung onto her with a shocked and obviously concerned glance, when his eyes fell on what should have been her horn. "What... happened...?" He said, clearly not sure how to take the situation.
Last edited by BlueMoon on March 14th, 2014, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unicorns / Kirin [Race]

xXAlexandriaXx
Student

March 14th, 2014, 3:39 am #9

Lilliana Estrela

Lilliana focused on her body for a minute. Was she in any pain? She didn't feel any. Beyond her ears being a touch sensitive, her ears HAD started to hear all sorts of sounds in the last week and they were still a touch sensitive despite her getting used to it. Perhaps this was the reason behind it? She didn't hesitate to lay back down. The awkward walking and standing was not something she wanted to tackle at that current second, "I'm not in pain. No. I won't attempt a curtsy...I can barely walk."

Lilliana watched the girl texting on her phone. Maybe she was calling for some sort of help to get her out of this situation. She tilted her head a bit and allowed her eyes to settle on the odd mark on the girls forehead as she revealed it. It didn't ring any bells to her as meaning anything special, but it certainly looked like a birthmark of some sort, "Uhm...It looks like some sort of birthmark? Is it supposed to mean something. Excuse my rudeness if I am supposed to recognize it as something else." She was cautious with these things, at a school like this you could never be sure about waht might be culuturally related or something. She'd offended a by the other day because she said his 'tatoos' were cool. They turned out to be scars left from being savagely attacked by wolves as a child. Whoops.

She laid there for the most part quietly. Breathing in softly and trying to get used to the weight of her equine form. She felt stronger and more agile. Her muscles taut with strong muscle that she was unused to having. It was an interesting feeling to say the least. But then she heard something. A gentle rumble in the distance. Her ears perked up a little bit, catching the noises as they closed in on them and as the other horse broke into the clearing, Lilliana was on her feet and seconds and stumbling backwards in surprise and waryness.

"Jeez! Don't jump out like that!" She cried in surprise as she let out a squeal. She lowered her head a little bit, ears pinned back against her head. The creature before her was not just any horse, the horn on their head...the person was a unicorn? She was really confused now. She even understood what they were saying. She looked between the two for a moment and said, "You're...a....Unicorn? What is going...on?" She wobbled a little bit and then...THUMP. Out like a light she went. It was a little much for her brain to handle at that second.

Of course she came to a few minutes later...

BlueMoon
Honor Student
BlueMoon
Honor Student

March 14th, 2014, 4:08 pm #10

Adonia's face went blank as the mare clearly didn't know what the starmark was... it... it was unthinkable. She stared at her as her hand dropped her bangs back down as she tried to process the information. A Unicorn who doesn't have a horn nor a starmark...? She was as baffled as anyone, but that was clearly pushed out of her mind as she heard Kahle coming. She dearly hoped he would have a better idea than she.

Of course, things didn't go so well... "Lilliana!" She shouted as the mare passed out cold, darting to her side to pet her face with worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He didn't mean to frighten her, and frankly if he hadn't been in such a worry himself he might have been a bit more tactful with his arrival. He was about to appaulogize to the young mare, when she seemed to be having trouble... and THUNK... "Hellfires..." He muttered as he approached her carefully, but Adonia was already darting to her side and he didn't want to hurt either of them by accident. So he stayed back... at least until he heard the name Adonia shouted. "What did you say?" He asked, startled by a very unusual name that was entirely too familiar to him.

"Her name is Lillianna." Adonia confirmed

Then quite suddenly, it hit him like a hammer. His mind raced, as little bits of information popped to the forefront of his mind. The blond young girl, the golden horse.... The sensitivity to blood, the exceptional amount of fear and flight response, the apple ice-cream..... the scent.... "Holy Mother Earth..." He breathed as he bent and sniffed at her scent. It was there, the girl he'd met a few days or so ago, only know the nagging familiar scent was entirely recognizable.

And now, he thought he had a clear suspicion of just what she might be. He'd heard of them from his mother, they were rare... and often disappeared rather than stayed with a herd. It made remarkable sense, but he would have to confirm it before he jumped to any conclusions. As she started waking, he remained close, his full attention fixed on the mare as he pulled a calm aura around him. "Are you alright, Lillian?" He asked softly as Adonia stroked her nose soothingly.

Unicorns / Kirin [Race]