Somethin' something

Azuki
Honor Student
Azuki
Honor Student

November 8th, 2013, 9:52 pm #1

Blog, Day 2 I've been at AHS for a day and a half now. And I got to say, it's been even weirder than I ever imagined. The first day I saw people who flew, shot fire, lightning even ICE AND CARDS COULD CUT THRU TREES! I don't get it. There was even this one guy that could explode... He wanted to show off and failed and exploded on all of them, luckily I was out of range but they got all nasty, like filled with blood and what looked like... Erhm... heheh... Poo. I think he didn't go to the bathroom before. Does that usually happens? Um.. Scratch that. Okay so... "SHIT SHIT SHIT!" I spilled a little toothpaste on my keyboard as I still had my teethbrush in my mouth as I typed this. Now my keyboard got all sticky... Oh that's just great. I guess it is the world telling me to not blog anymore.

"Ya kno'. It would be a lot easier if ya didn't brush your teethes!" It was a defiant voice, you know the kind that you just know will start trouble, but since I didn't EXPECT this voice to occur right behind me, I flew up and yelped and squeeled in terror. She laughed. She gave me a wink and said "Sup... I'm... OH! Look at the time! I don't have time to introduce myself. And she ran off... THROUGH the door. Not by opening it, but just jumped throught it, like it was air...

I just stood there with wide eyes... And ran after her. But when I opened the door and looked around, there was nobody there. "There are ghosts here as well?" I swallowed. Hard. And Again. I shuttered. Put my right hand over my left shoulder and scratched it. "Nyeeh... This is getting weird. "

As I stood there, in my Pajamas and looked back and fourth between the two ends of the hallway, seeking to see if, I could ever see her again... Was she even real?

I decided to look a bit around. I still had my toothbrush between my lips as I walked down in one direction. Then right at the corner there was somebody else walking I didn't notice him and he didn't seem to notice me and we had a collition. I fall backwards, jesus he had a strong stance. When I looked back up, I noticed his face... Where had I seen it before? At the mall? No... Gee, I can't remember.
Characters

The Dude
Honor Student
The Dude
Honor Student

November 9th, 2013, 12:14 am #2

A gaggle of teenage girls slowly moved down the hallway in a clustered but unusually organized fashion. Excited questions flew around, praises of glory, and marriage proposals surrounded the one known only as "Catch".

He was a celebrity of sorts. The school's baseball ace who was being scouted by the professional leagues at such a young age... and that was WITHOUT any sort of use of his power. But when he would let that right arm fly the ball... it even shattered any and all expectations for the teams at this super-powered school. Combine that with good looks, a beaming aura of confidence, and a surprisingly altogether charming and kind personality... and you had a recipe for someone to be revered as a god amongst men at a high school. Plus there were of course the tales of him single handedly dismantling a colossal immortal metal barbed wire demon hell-snake and consistently humiliating the group that sent such a thing after him.

The mass fawned after the boy in the middle of them. And he didn't seem annoyed at all. Merely waving and smiling and talking with his fans and being quite friendly... yet another one of the reasons why the boy was so loved. He quite appreciated their affection, and he fed off of it. Made his confidence all that much greater. And because of that they were usually respectful, like today. They left his path open so as to not get in his way or risk annoying their idol. They would certainly hate to damper that wonderful mood and aura about him!

But as such, he was quite distracted and not expecting anyone to be in his way. So when one pajama-clad girl got in his way, a collision was imminent.

Thump~

A series of shrieks and gasps rose up from the gang of girls when one foolish girl dared to bump into him! Even if the only thing it did was knock his coat to the floor.

The one with the stronger stance and stride sent the younger girl falling. However, the great and wonderful fast-acting Catch... did his name justice like he often does. The smaller girl would find herself laying backwards but not off the ground, wrapped up in one strong unmoving arm. Even for a boy his size, he seemed to possess a lot of strength. Because even in their awkwardly close lean with her full body-weight against his arm, he didn't seem at all unbalanced or strained. Simply holding her there with no more bother than if he had caught a piece of paper.

The silence. was. suffocating. Was he going to yell? Drop her? Get annoyed? Lecture her? Act all aloof and uncaring as similar manga scenes like this would dictate?

No. Instead he merely gave the small pajama-clad girl a humored and friendly smile. It turned into a half cocky smile, though still not at all unfriendly. His other hand went up... and simply plucked the toothbrush out from between her lips and tapped her ever so lightly on the nose with it, leaving behind just a little bit of a sudsy spot on the tip of her nose. He didn't release his grip or try to stand them up into a less awkward position... instead just pointing the toothbrush at her in mock-accusation.

"You know... a simple introduction would have broken the ice too. But standing out from the rest is fine too..."

Deep breathes went up from the mass of girls all around. Many were even blushing for the girl who now found her self in quite the (un)fortunate situation.

Azuki
Honor Student
Azuki
Honor Student

November 10th, 2013, 6:30 pm #3

Thump~

The brick of a wall, that is suppose to be a human combinded with the somewhat horrible balance of Yumi when she wasn't concentraded resulted in a recoil and fell backwards. However in a incredibly quick and pretty gosh darn elegant manuveur he manged to take a step forward, slide his hand behind her back and catch her before she even had fallen a few centimeters. Then there was silence.

Still Silence....

STILL SILENCE?!?!!

Oh wait no! He said something? No... My mouth got wide opened and toothbrush almost fell out from my lips and to the ground but this boy seemed to pick up on that and picked it up and... How do I say this...? Tapped my nose with it... No, seriously! It's true! It was all romantic and like.... That smile... Oh gosh... It made my heart melt and my body hot... I bet those other girls are so jealous now. Me! Living the dream of a princess! Don'tJudgeMe.... My body is getting hotter! And hotter! It's happening again! What is this! I could even start to smell this boy's hand becoming a nice steak as he still held my back from falling.
Characters

The Dude
Honor Student
The Dude
Honor Student

November 12th, 2013, 8:01 am #4

The other girls? Jealous?

Understatement of the year.

They would have given nearly anything to find themselves in the position that the pajama'd girl found herself in by accident. Being held by Catch, saved from a fall (no matter how minor), flirted with. But no. Here was this girl that didn't even know him and wasn't striving for his affections... and she found herself literally in his arms.

She grew red, as one might have expected. Catching making the girls blush was no new thing. But after a few moments Catch could literally feel her heat growing. He considered something witty to say about her reaction just to humor himself and see if he could get her to blush more for him. But that's when he noticed that she was growing VERY hot VERY quickly... and his face took on a more concerned look for the girl. Heat waves could even be seen coming off of her, and th-

"OW!"

Catch yelled and instinctively dropped the girl to the ground, waving his hands as if he had been burned. And indeed he actually had. The other girls gasped... equally out of concern for the reddened girl with the heat waves coming off of her and for their poor dear Catch.

"Are you okay?!"
"You took it to far, Catch!"
"Oh dear, you're literally making her melt!"

And meanwhile poor Catch was looking between them and the other girl with nothing but full confusion and concern as he nursed his burnt hands. ... Did that really happen because of him? Had he developed his charm into a power where he could literally make a girl melt for him? Amidst the calamity and confusion... he doubted that was the case, but he really had no clue what to do.

Ask if the girl was okay?
Apologize?
Help her up?
Make sure everyone stayed away from her so they wouldn't get burnt?

Azuki
Honor Student
Azuki
Honor Student

November 12th, 2013, 6:48 pm #5

"OW!"

Ow what? Wait waahh~~~ !
*thump*
"Owwie~" The back of my head hurts... I think I hit it. I squinted, it hurts.

"Are you okay?!"
"You took it too far, Catch!"
"Oh dear, you're literally making her melt!"

I looked back at them and then back at the boy, for a moment our eyes caught... At least I thought that. I closed my eyes hard and made a grimace, too embarssed to look at him and another burst of air flew from my body and made my hair burst up and get all messed up, the girls around us just giggled and said other dumb, rude... confusion? Thing? What do they mean I melted? Huh... I looked back up, the young dashing...heroic. No! Not Heroic... GONE SILLY THOUGHTS GONE! Was completely obessed with his hand... Is he... Is he gonna make out with his hand now? Weirdo... First, he crashed into me, then he saves me from falling, then he DROPS me... Now he makes out with his han.... Oh... It's red..? Wait, what happened? Was I knocked out and something terrible happened?

"Umm.... Eehhh? What are you doing, Mister?" Then when I looked at him again, the toothbrush tap got back into my mind and I turned away again and blushed and another burst of heatwaves flew out from my body, almost like a wind and popped open the bottom button of my PJ Shirt. Almost on instinct I covered my belly. I couldn't let a boy just watch my belly like that!

Those girls just laughed again at me. I blew out some air from my lungs and it radiated heat, I could feel it, it didn't even hurt, just warm. "Plea... Please... Forgive me. Tha... That... That! ThatIHurtYou~~" God this was so awkward to say... In front of all those girls and this... DON'T THINK IT! ... Boy.
Characters

The Dude
Honor Student
The Dude
Honor Student

November 12th, 2013, 11:17 pm #6

Alright... so now the girl seemed to be having some sort of heat-wave fit over there. She was caught up in the confusion too, asking him what he was doing and he didn't really know how to respond to that.

Something caused her to burst out another heatwave. Some of the other girls shrieked, and the burst was enough to actually send one of her buttons popping off. After the initial surprise, the girls started laughing at her and even teasing her a bit. And then even more so with the girl's apology, even lecturing her for hurting their darling Catch! But they soon quieted down a bit as Catch... walked away. Was he just going to leave like that? That much should be expected, of course.

But no, he instead walked a few steps down the hall... and picked up the button that had popped off. He turned around and gave the girls a bit of a disapproving look. "Hey, she's having a hard time here, alright? It's my fault, and all of you are making me look worse by treating her that way..."

... Even with getting lectured, the girls practically swooned. A nice guy who will take up for people, be nice to them, but still point out to them when they did something wrong. Even if he wasn't perfected, they wanted to twist everything to make him seem perfect.

Catch was just charismatic that way. Unbeknownst to most, he *was* a mafia leader in the making. So it was a necessary charisma, but it was a good kind. Because he was a good person. So those he led or those who admired him were set a good example. So really... even if he didn't mean to, Catch often influenced a group of people for the better wherever he went.

A couple of the girls even mumbled apologies to the girl.

Catch came over to her now, but stopped before he got too close and kneeled down in front of her, not wanting to get caught by a sudden heatwave. And he motioned some of the other girls away from her... which they obeyed. He tossed her the button, and in such an expertly precise way that it would land flat in her hand without her even needing to catch it.

He then held up his reddened and slightly burned hand to her and shrugged.

"What, this? It's nothing to worry about. I get worse than this when I try to cook..." He smiled a little. The other girls chuckled and even "awwed" a little. And just like that, this was no longer a tense and awkward situation. Even the demeanor of the other girls toward Yumi had changed. And now they were slowly starting to disperse, getting the hint that standing around the girl might have been making things awkward for her.

Catch watched them for a moment and then nodded. He looked back to the pajama-clad girl again. Those heat-waves... they were definitely dangerous. One had actually burned him, but thankfully that was his right hand which was quite resilient. The same thing might not have ended so well for anyone else. It was obvious that she didn't have *perfect* control of them if they were activating like that.

"So hey..." he said in a lower voice. "Those heat waves... did those activate when I bumped into you? I have no clue. But let's try to get those under control, okay? I'm not hurt bad or anything, but they could hurt someone else, you know?"

Azuki
Honor Student
Azuki
Honor Student

November 13th, 2013, 9:13 pm #7

"Hey, she's having a hard time here, alright? It's my fault, and all of you are making me look worse by treating her that way..."

Um, yeah... Those girls weren't the only ones who swooned. I could feel myself being swooned by his pretty voice... WORDS! I even let out an involuntarily giggle as he protected me from those teasing girls... NotthatIcareImean! I rolled my eyes... To my own argument in my head, getting a bit lost in thoughts for a moment, didn't even notice the other girls apologising.

I mean... It's not like I don't like him helping me but I don't... I mean... Gosh! I don't even know! "AAAHH!" I grabbed my hair in frustration and let it out loudly.

This was after he had already told me that his hand wasn't that hurt after alll... which I missed completely being indulge to my own thoughts.

Anyways. Back to my accidental leak of my thoughts. "AAAHH!" I noticed how the other starred, like I had seen a ghost... I thought of something quickly, that girl from before... She was a ghost, right? and pointed to the rear of this boy and said with a spooked voice. "G...Gho... Ghost!" When they looked, of course nothing would be there at all... Just empty space in the hallway, like just the moment before.

Once everything calmed down... Or maybe it was just me that had calmed down, this beauty turned back at me. "So hey..." OH MY ! YES OF COURSE YES! No, wait, I should listen to what he says... Focus Yumi, FOCUS!

"Those heat waves... did those activate when I bumped into you? I have no clue. But let's try to get those under control, okay? I'm not hurt bad or anything, but they could hurt someone else, you know?"

Wait... Wuuuuuut? Heatwaves... What is he talking about! My bottom button just flies off by accident at times of embarassment... It happens all the time... It's common. For me, at least...

"I... I don't know what you mean... Heat waves? What are you talking about? "
Characters

The Dude
Honor Student
The Dude
Honor Student

November 13th, 2013, 11:50 pm #8

wrote:"AAAHH!"
Annnnnnnd... now she was flipping out. Catch startled and looked around quite confused. Then she pointed out a ghost behind him... he looked, giving her the benefit of the doubt since he had seen much weirder than that. But then looked back at her with his same concerned look... but this time looking as if maybe the girl was just a little bit crazy.

A couple of the other girls chuckled and gave her a knowing look. Apparently her reaction to being in the presence and care of The Catch wasn't entirely alien. But even if they saw through her ruse and Catch didn't... the Code of Girl said they wouldn't be calling her bluff in front of him.
wrote:"I... I don't know what you mean... Heat waves? What are you talking about? "

Oh... so she didn't even know about the heat waves? So... how to break it to someone that they have superpowers when they don't even know they do? Catch really didn't know, but he figured in this situation it was best to mesh the good news with the bad.

He held out his slightly burnt and blistering right hand. "Heatwaves, from you. See? You didn't hurt me bad. This whole arm of mine is really tough. But if anyone less tough than that were to come into contact with you right now... they'd get burned really bad."

... Upon further contemplation... was hers one of the powers that had to do with a heightened emotional state? He remembered hearing that in class. And that very well could be case here. Because he did tend to sometimes induce fits int he emotions of people, especially girls. A fact he was quite proud of, but such power has it's consequences apparently.

He was only vaguely aware that he was still in possession of the girl's froth-dripping toothbrush. He was too focused on diffusing the situation to realized that he was gesturing at the girl with her own toothbrush. Just... be chill as always. Make sure she's calm and at ease and settled down.

"So... my name's Catch. What's yours?"

Safe question. No risk of small talk, right? But this is Catch we're talking about here...

Azuki
Honor Student
Azuki
Honor Student

November 14th, 2013, 12:27 am #9

Wow... My lie was bad. Really bad. I can't believe this dumwit of a boy couldn't see it, I mean all those girls could so easily see through it... At least he's so pre~~tty...! OUT OF MY HEAD! CALM DOWN YUMI! I snorted out another gust of hot air in excitment and then gasped for air. Gosh, this is so awkward and I'm in my jammies and everything!

"Heatwaves, from you. See? You didn't hurt me bad. This whole arm of mine is really tough. But if anyone less tough than that were to come into contact with you right now... they'd get burned really bad."

What... The... Fudge? Heatwaves? I still don't get it... Maybe... Maybe he means I'm really hot! Oh my... "Kyaa~~" Instantly I shut my mouth and covered it up with my hands, starring with tears in my eyes as if I was going to die straight at him. I can't believe I did that! Just kill me now, please. I'll even pay you, Death-Sama. I mean it!

Nothing happened... Why have you forsaken me, Death! Oh, what have happened to his arm? It's red, almost like someone tried to cook it... Is he saying I did that? Woah... How did I do that? ... My head hurts thinking about this... Why didn't mom explain anything to me?

"Ca... Can you please make the other girls leave? " This crowd made so very uncomfortable, I just couldn't deal with boys, especially not cute ones! I snorted again in frustration but covered my nose with my hand, made it almost seem like I was going to have nosebleeding any minute.

Eventually the crowd of girls left the area and they were left alone. It wasn't until now she, also, realized he still held her toothbrush... Like if it was some kind of displinary tool. "Ca~n I have it back, please? " I accidently squeeled out the 'a' in 'Can', couldn't even control my voice a bit. I grabbed my thigh hard, trying to get a hold of myself.

Once I got it back, ."So... my name's Catch. What's yours?" "Um, Yeah, but..." , something strange happened... It started to melt like if it was being heated up in a microwave!!! "Huuuh?" I paused for a second, just starring confused at it... The melted plastic felt like warm cheese to my skin, I didn't really understand how it could be and just dropped it on the ground. "Can you explain that?"
Characters

The Dude
Honor Student
The Dude
Honor Student

November 14th, 2013, 8:01 am #10

... hot? No, but...
wrote:"Kyaa~~"

"Dammit... she's kinda cute..." he muttered to the side and rubbed his nose. It was true that he already had a girlfriend who he cared for very deeply but... Catch was a little dated in that he had a bit of a weakness for your stereotypical "cute" girls and their little mannerisms. And well... this girl was being pretty cute right now. Cause him to grin a little.
wrote:"Ca... Can you please make the other girls leave? "
Catch looked up at the other girls with a requesting smile and shrugged. "Well, I can't really make anyone leave but, I'm sure they wouldn't mind to-"

Hall. Cleared.

Catch's power of suggestion was something pretty damn severe when they didn't even want to trouble him to the point that he had to ask them to do something. His will alone was their bidding, apparently. The hall was clear. Eerily quiet. One could practically hear a pindrop. He nodded approvingly and was able to speak to her in a lower voice now since he wasn't having to talk over a lot of people.

"There. Is that better?"
wrote:"Ca~n I have it back, please? "
Catch hummed an agreement and nodded before handing her toothbrush back to her... carefully so as to not get burned again. He had forgotten that he even had it. And then within just a few seconds... it had melted. Catch quirked an eyebrow and let out a low whistle at the display. Okay so... she was hot. But not in the way she had originally thought he meant.
wrote:"Can you explain that?"
"Not... really. I suppose you're just incredibly hot."

Reward for best unintentional pickup line EVER goes to Catch!

... The look on his face said he realized a second too late exactly what he had said and how it could have been taken. But instead of getting flustered and trying to take it back, he merely took on a cocky grin... and let the compliment stand. He gave her a small wink and huffed a chuckle. "AND you've got some kind of power that gives off a lot of body heat."

He gave a little bit more of a laugh. It was a good day and he was in good humor. He gave her a nod. "Think you can get that under control somehow? If you can, I'll give you a hand up from there."