Regaining What was Lost

Mittens
Honor Student
Mittens
Honor Student

July 12th, 2013, 9:03 am #1

It was the middle of the night in a secluded, out of the way part of the dorms in which Sable stood, waiting on her two friends. She'd asked them both there for a reason. Sarah, because she had experience with the eldritch and the unnatural. The second, Thaddius. Thaddius' knowledge of necromancy was unparalleled. Some people called him a god, and to some people he would be. A man who seemingly never aged, who's divine will brought the dead alive again. Sable sighed, flexing her hand in front of her face. Was she considered a god, once? Between gods or monsters, Sable didn't know any more.

"It seems I've interrupted something." A voice spoke from behind Sable. It was gentle; a deep male voice that gave a sense of calm to those who heard it. Sable turned around, hand snapping to her side as she looked over inn surprise at Thaddius.

"You're early." Sable commented, running her eyes over Thaddius' form. Rather strangely, he was dressed in his full Necromagi robes; plain black with a white ties extending from his neck. With the exception of a black gem studded into the center of his ties, one would never assume he was anything more than just an ordinary Necromagi...if such a thing existed.

"I was already here on business when you called. I've been tracking a mysterious entity which has shown itself here recently. We believe it to be some form of powerful spirit or demon." Thaddius explained, his eyes shifting over to the shores. Sable knew that he was hiding something but held her tongue; she wanted his help, and souring him with petulant inquiries was not going to get her anywhere. Taking a breath to steady herself, she looked around for Sarah, just to make sure she didn't have to repeat herself unnecessarily.

"I need help, Thaddius. My necromancy is gone and it won't return. What's worse is that my magic won't respond to my calls either. Look." Sable turned, surprising Thaddius by using her arms to aid in her casting. Powerful magicians didn't need physical representations to help casting. Or magic words for that matter. What surprised Thaddius more was the fact that Sable's actions did nothing. Sable was an extraordinarily inventive and powerful magician, why did the Universe not respond to her any more?

"'Tis indeed a mystery. I'm glad you called me; this is a very serious situation. Go through your basic forms." Thaddius instructed, seating himself on the ground and pulling a bottle of wine from thin air it seemed. Glass soon followed and Thaddius' unnerving red gaze soon fell upon Sable, who held her hands before her, fingers crooked in a spell-casting position. Daubys; two finger casting. It was a style developed by Sable herself to allow for more efficient energy flow through the body. But Thaddius sensed none; Sable's body was completely devoid of the magical energies needed to cast a spell. Sable gave him a look as he began taking notes, critically analyzing every detail of her posture, her style, her intake of energy.

"Your energy intake is functioning, but the energy is not moving through you. You lack the will and the ferocity to force the energy into form. I suggest we give you some willpower." Thaddius stood, Sable looking relieved as Thaddius got to his feet. Sable's eyes widened as he inhaled deeply, hurling a life bolt the size of a basketball at Sable, who cartwheeled out of the way.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Giving you the will to survive." Came the chilling answer, as another Life Bolt flew towards Sable, who dodged again. Taking a posture and using daubys formation, Sable attempted to redirect a Life Bolt back at Thaddius, only to be blown a good twenty feet backwards. Sable landed heavily on her side, panting and gripping her side in pain.

"Stand and face me, Maria Anne Crowley! Are you too meek a magician to even redirect a Life Bolt? You do not deserve the title of necromancer, that is why your magic has forsaken you!" Thaddius thundered imperiously, his hands glowing fiercely with the power of his own magic, which even now could spark a shiver down the Keeper's spine.

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

July 12th, 2013, 2:20 pm #2

(For Sara Amberdine, life had simmered down from terrible things, lately. She had a few things on her mind, what with having fought against an obscure alien plot where her friend Kath had been used as the subject to study human resistance to their viral species-convergence weapon and also as a brain to organize their ship. They were a species trying to turn humans into their own, you see, and they mistakenly chose Kath as their test subject because not only did he get a word out so that interested parties could rescue him...but he was a werewolf and therefore naturally resistant to viruses. The two things that had bothered the redhead, after the fact, was the alien warbeast created from the dead that they had...and the fact that there had been two other ships, one of which exploded and the other delivered its payload somewhere. Bit of a Dreamcatcher problem there. Still, she had been asleep and dreaming of her fight with the warbeast when - fortunately - the phone rang. It was a message from...Sable? Really? They only met like once or twice. Must've made an impression. Alot had changed since they last met, though.)

Sara: Wonder what she wants...

(She was not half as timid as she use to be. Still a caring, worrying individual, but she had gone through a situation or two that had allowed her to carry herself with a little more confidence. She had grown in power and grown as a person. She changed into a pair of blue jeans with her Venom t-shirt - favorite shirt, really - and her more-recent brown longcoat, stepped out to the roof to have a look around. If Sable was around, she would see her waiting arou- What the hell?! She sensed the necromancer's powers flare up almost immediately and looked down to see him attacking Sable! Sara's Eldritch Senses worked strangely. They picked up anything definitely Eldritch right off, then supernaturals and maguses on a secondary level, with metas on a lower buzz that she would have to really concentrate on. Thaddius registered significantly, and she saw him assaulting Sable. Her Dream Shot guns - actual creations of dream manifested in reality - materialized in her hands. They could harm just about anything, due to the fact that they were basically creations of her connection to the Dreamlands with a magic precident. However, the level of power was still close to that of gunshots. Nevertheless, they were very handy when needing to shoot at someone from above. Thaddius would find a spot by his left foot erupt from a shot. It was quite audible and Sara was a good shot, having been actually trained on pistols previously.)

Sara: Leave her alone or there's going to be more alot trouble than you can handle.

(Honestly, what was it with people who attacked a school full of super-powered human beings and/or otherworldly entities? Thaddius and Sable would be able to see Sara on a dorm building wall above everything, spider legs poking out from underneath her longcoat while pointing guns. She didn't know anything about this necromancer, only that he was here and flinging stuff at another person.)
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Mittens
Honor Student
Mittens
Honor Student

July 12th, 2013, 3:22 pm #3

Thaddius, being one of the greatest necromancers ever to live, obviously noticed when someone else joined the fight. Indeed, when someone THOUGHT of joining the fight. Summoning firearm-like magical weapons, was it? A pretty decent shot too, given that Thaddius avoided the bullet by barely a foot. And yet he still had time to fling another Life Bolt at Sable, who had to do a backflip to avoid the searing energy. Thaddius was impulsively trained, but he never raised a hand to another living being with the intention to kill. Which was lucky for Sara, really. Thaddius knew several spells which could do nasty immoral things to a person's body. Instead he settled himself with firing a warning shot at Sara's head, deliberately missing by approximately two inches.

Leave her alone or there's going to be more a lot trouble than you can handle. Sara gave warning, and Sable's eyes widened; she knew that voice! If she wasn't careful, Sara would end up with her soul bound to the earth, just as Thaddius did with all restless dead...and the impetuous living.

"Within the opening salvo of combat, you have assessed meas inferior to you two. This may be the case, but are you so certain? To be sure, there are far greater creatures than I. But equally, there are far greater creatures than you!" Thaddius roared, taking the Pedbys position. Four fingers spread the power array more equally, allowing for a weaker but more controlled attack. It would not kill or even hurt Sara that much, but it would certainly bind her until Thaddius was done teaching Sable how to access the Universe once more. Two large spikes of Life Force formed behind Sara, green lightning crackling between them. Sable knew the spell; when collided, the spikes would form a crystal of pure life force at the center. It was a highly-advanced binding technique used for the Greater Dead and demons.

"Thaddius, stop! She's a friend! She was just trying to protect me!" Sable cried, running at Thaddius. If she had no magic, she'd break his posture. Such a spell required one, even for a necromancer as great as Thaddius D. Hawthorn.

"Defend her from my assault then!" Thaddius roared, bringing his hand up in Daubys formation to raise a sturdy shield of bone from the ground. Sea shells, dead sharks, dead fish...anything with cartilage or bone was fodder to the necromancer now. Sable drew nearer, running at the man with a shoulder fit for ramming speed.

However, both Sable and Thaddius were stopped in their tracks by an attack so fast that you'd have to be watching with keen eyes to even notice the woman who'd made them. Six punches were landed. Thaddius groaned as his leg and arm fell limply to his side. Sable had no time to notice; she'd been thrown over the woman's shoulder before she'd even had a chance to register that someone was there.

And then the figure was behind Sara, aiming a few swift punches to nerve clusters along her body. But seeing as Sara's anatomy was probably very different from a human's, the ninja had no idea what the hell to hit. So she went with basic training and hoped for the best.

"You lot with yer hooplah are wakin' people up!" The ninja girl spoke. Sable, who'd rolled onto her feet and recovered into a fighting stance, paused as she saw this strange woman. She had hair so ginger that a can of Iron-Bru would tell her to calm down. And she had an accent so thickly Edinburgh that you could swear she'd just jumped off the boat from Scotland. Yet she fought in the style of Wing Chun; in, attack, out.

"You with yer guns and yer incy-wincy getup, get down there and fight 'em fair an' square. I ain't havin' no gunshots while 'im sleepin'." The ninja proclaimed, jumping from the roof and kicking Thaddius, who was busy groaning and moaning on the floor, clutching his arm. "What are ye, some kinda English son of a dressmaker?"

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

July 12th, 2013, 3:59 pm #4

"Within the opening salvo of combat, you have assessed meas inferior to you two. This may be the case, but are you so certain? To be sure, there are far greater creatures than I. But equally, there are far greater creatures than you!"

(The necromancer might've been trying to intimidate her, and perhaps the old Sara would have hesitated, but this wasn't going to happen now. Behind Sara, the energy forming was felt and reacted to quite easily. She was on a wall. Behind her was above her, so she simply dropped down and swung aside because - Guess what? - Sara had web-slinging talent now and she flipped over to the ground some left-of-and-behind Thaddius by about ten feet. As Thaddius formed defenses that were rising from the ground, Sara created ripples in the air around her body that were actually the weakening of dimensions. Four large and bloated gray-and-purple spiders appeared, creatures from Leng, some of whom had actual sorcery talents to counter a spell-crazy caster. However, even as the situation progressed, something weird happened. Someone fast - like maybe Grim-fast - attacked Sable AND Thaddius, and then there was someone behind her to-)

Sara: Ow! Hey!

(True, Sara's anatomy WAS different...in certain parts. Actually, the fighter had the misfortune of striking her from behind, in this case. Her bone structure in back MUST be radically different to handle eight spider legs coming out of her body. Because of this, it just hurt. There was a...very Scottish girl shouting at them all now. Wait, is this what counts as a McNinja? Because Sara always thought they were Irish. Apparently, she didn't like the fact that they were making lots of noise right now.)

Sara: Ummm, sorry. I don't have silencers for these things, and some of my talents are also...

(She let off a quick Banshee Shriek at Thaddius' bone shield, the sonic forces probably shattering it if it wasn't glued together by an active will or energetic force.)

Sara: ...kinda' loud. It's only because this guy was attacking, really. He's a necromancer, and I don't like how he's threatening people.

(She walked over close enough to get within his field of vision, NOT thinking him helpless, though.)

Sara: People like you should just leave us alone here. What do you want here?
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Mittens
Honor Student
Mittens
Honor Student

July 12th, 2013, 5:24 pm #5

Sara might have been lucky, had Thaddius been the sort of necromancer who relied on magic to defend him all the time. In fact, the structure was merely bone in construction. Four foot of dense bone was enough to stop any bullet. Well a rifle sometimes got through, and fifty calibers made mince-meat of his bone shields...but to Thaddius, a 50cal. was technically cheating. It was a miniature shell, not a bullet! Getting back to the attack on hand, Thaddius' bone wall did actually shatter and fall down. But not for the reasons most would think; it was obstructing the ninja-girl's view of the man, so she punched through it with one swift motion.

"How the bloody hell did you do that? Thaddius' shield can stop bullets...." Sable blinked, looking at the ruins of the shield and the white powder coating the girl's hand.

"Ya didn't think ye'd be the only mage here, did ye?" The woman smirked mysteriously, kissing her knuckles. She turned her back on them, pulling her pajama-top to reveal the beginnings of body markings.

People like you should just leave us alone here. What do you want here? Sara adressed Thaddius, as the ninja made herself decent again. Sable sighed and sat herself down, pinching the bridge of her nose. Thaddius, taking exception to the ninja's comment about being an English son of a dressmaker, stood himself up very promptly, red eyes darting from Sara to the ninja and back. Dusting his necromagi robes off, he raised his hands suddenly in unbys, almost faster than anyone could see. His eyes sparked green as his necromancy manifested itself. The bone shield shot towards the ninja girl, trapping her in a cone of bone. A similar fate awaited Sara, unless she was very swift.

"Had I wished to do harm upon you, it would have been done and you would know the error of your ways. Sable knows well that she was in no peril. She cannot establish a connection to the Universe until she's placed in enough danger to access that magic again. If I must, I shall force it out of her. Her skills are far too valuable to the Order, to the Human Race, for me to simply give up on her now." Thaddius warned, splitting his fingers into daubys and dropping them, the bone structures falling away as Thaddius reversed the spell he'd used to make the constructs in the first place. Sable, who'd been watching this, merely stared dumbly at Thaddius. Her expression was sad, but a strange tint of vindication coloured her eyes. Getting to her feet, Sable walked towards the beach.

"Where are you going?! We're not done here Sable!" Thaddius spat, turning on his heel and clenching his fists by his sides. Sable did not answer or look back, marching towards the beach with a vigor that couldn't be natural. Thaddius turned to Sara and pointed a finger at her chest.

"This is your fault! If you hadn't interrupted, Sable would be a necromancer by now!" Thaddius thundered, the authority of his position as necromagi in chief lending power and convction to his voice that made even the ninja girl think twice. She gave one look at Thaddius before waltzing around him and punching him square in the kidney.

"Good thing I came along when I did. This schtoner would have done 'imself and the wee girlie an injury." The ninja girl commented, dusting off her hands and turning towards the beach. "Ya comin' with? He'll be alright in a moment or two. I needs ye and ye creepy friends on a little journey I'm plannin'." The ninja girl smirked mysteriously, and not for the first time that night. She walked towards the beach with a light spring in her step.

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

July 12th, 2013, 6:13 pm #6

(With a total of ten legs, you're asking if Sara was swift enough? Not only was she able to leap out of the way, but two of the Leng Spiders cast dispelling abilities to more-or-less force the energies directing the bone to give up for ghost. Powerful necromancy versus ancient eldritch sorcery... He and Hayate would have a field day, if they met! Thaddius seemed rather keen on having his say and having his way, asserting himself like a crotchety old man who can't see himself compromising on ANYTHING. Having been raised by a rather amicable and open-minded priest, Sara couldn't relate to him at all. That was when Sable wandered off, despite his calling after her. Good for her. She would be better off without a guy like that. However, he had the gall to accuse HER now...)

"This is your fault! If you hadn't interrupted, Sable would be a necromancer by now!"

(The ninja-girl was intimidated. Sara had had to come to terms with the fact that her own innate SELF was scary, gigantic, and intimidating. A necromancer did not have the same effect. She glared at him and her red eyes came to glow with a certain menace.)

Sara: If you're so great and powerful, you'd find a way to do that without shooting at her.

(She decided to take the ninja's invitation and followed her now, intent on going to find Sable anyway. Once they were away from Thaddius, she spoke up. Her eyes were no longer a glowing evil horror show now.)

Sara: I'm not...helpless, you know. I haven't been for some time. By the way...do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar, and I'm afraid my memory took a hit after the old school exploded. I know Sable, sort of. No idea who that stupid necromancer is, though.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Mittens
Honor Student
Mittens
Honor Student

July 12th, 2013, 6:56 pm #7

Thaddius' magic did resist the attempts to stop his spellcasting, but he knew that if he continued he'd expend too much energy on such a relatively minor thing. He would have to researched how to destroy those eldritch creatures. They seemed to be similar to the large wood-like spiders that could be found in Hell's first precept. Such creatures excelled at dampening magic. After all, the soul was the conduit for magic. How would you make your meal less likely to blow your head off than to dampen its only defence?

If you're so great and powerful, you'd find a way to do that without shooting at her. The girl demanded information of him? How utterly absurd. She was nothing to Thaddius, but despite his best efforts he could only manage a wan grimace rather than a smile as intended.

"I've seen an enraged Sable. You do not frighten me. As to your little request, I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to discuss the inner workings of Order experiments." Thaddius smirked, turning his back on both of them. Big mistake. The waltz and the kidney shot were swift and Thaddius was stunned on the ground, blacked out from the pain.

I'm not...helpless, you know. I haven't been for some time. By the way...do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar, and I'm afraid my memory took a hit after the old school exploded. I know Sable, sort of. No idea who that stupid necromancer is, though. Sara monologued, the red-headed ninja looking over at her with a chuckle.

"Ye've got balls of stone to stand up to him. Tha's Thaddius D. Hawthorn, leader of yer Order. They're a bunch of posh nobs who give us freelancers a lil' bit of jip if we run over the line." The girl explained, stroking her chin in thought. "It's hella odd tha' he didn't think ter give her a more broad once-over." The ninja girl shook her head, walking onto the beach. After about ten feet, the ninja girl held her hand up, cocking her head to one side. It was faint, but there was a sobbing coming from behind a nearby rock. Placing a finger to her lips, she indicated to Sara to follow. She knew that Sable would run away if she knew they'd heard her crying. Women like her were like that; only sad when nobody was looking.

"Yer not goin' anywhere. Yer gonna sit yerself down or I'm gonna beat the shite outta you and make you sit." The ninja girl spoke, grabbing Sable's collar suddenly. The ninja girl had been too swift, and the Stitched girl lashed out, sharply clawed fingernails dragging through the exposed flesh of the red-head's cheek. But that was okay; our Scottish ninja had allowed it. Animals lashed out when they were afraid. It was true of humans, of Stitched...of everything.

"Leave me ALONE!" Sable roared, her fists balled up, ready to fight if she had to. "I HATE you! All you ever wanted from me was to be your pet, your slave! Your fucking guard dog! 354 years! THREE CENTURIES!" Sable growled, the skin around her eyes cracking, black ooze leaking out. The ninja bit her bottom lip, taking a step back. She laid a restraining hand on Sara as Sable began to back away, fingers hooked like talons, ready to rip them apart.

"You can shout all ye like but I ain't movin' until you let me have a look at'cha." The redhead vowed, punctuating her threat by seating herself on the sand, cross-legged and staring intently at Sable, who's eyes had turned the colour of a Stitched who was threatened. The ninja girl's eyes stared directly into those eyes, not moving for a second. Sable knew then that she couldn't intimidate this woman into running or giving up. With this in mind, she slumped against the rock, breathing slowly. If her eyes were not open, one would think her asleep.

"It is as I feared. Your energy flow has been disrupted within your body." The ninja said, green eyes running over Sable as her fingers gently touched key points on the Stitched girl's body. "This is why I need ye Sara; I need someone who can dampen magic to suppress the energies within her. Then, together, we shall find the source of what ails her." The scottish girl explained, her accent mysteriously less strong now that a tender note had entered it. Sable's energy entered her body and congealed, revolving in slow circles. It exited as a weak and fading aura. If the red-head didn't do something soon, Sable may lose her ability to use magic forever. That was dangerous for a Stitched.

"Are ye willing to help? I can't promise yer gonna like it in there...but I promise it'll be educational."

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

July 12th, 2013, 7:49 pm #8

(Thaddius would probably be barking up the wrong tree if he researched hell-spiders for Dreamlands creatures, just saying. Speaking of which, after the ninja totally caused him more trouble, the spiders that were out there - whom Sara had totally forgotten to send back just now, due to her anger - eyed each other after the old man keeled over. Since he had seen fit to disrespect what was essentially the spawn of their god, they decided to web him up and see if Sara would let them keep him as food for later. Cue the web-spinning montage while Sara and the ninja-girl walk off towards the beach.)

"Ye've got balls of stone to stand up to him. Tha's Thaddius D. Hawthorn, leader of yer Order. They're a bunch of posh nobs who give us freelancers a lil' bit of jip if we run over the line."

Sara: Well, I've never heard of him, and he's never heard of me, so I guess we're even.

(She really just didn't have time for people in authority for things she never had any stake in telling her what for. Order? What order? Which order? Unless it was an eldritch cult or the Catholica church, it really didn't mean anything to her. Any group of idiots can call themselves an order, and since when is necromancy EVER a good order? Maybe someone ought to tell him that, hmm? The still as-of-yet unidentified ninja-girl thought the man's actions strange, but then as they approached the beach she asked Sara to keep quiet a minute. Something...wasn't right. She could sense it. No, not just the crying. Something really wrong. The girl approached Sable now.)

"Yer not goin' anywhere. Yer gonna sit yerself down or I'm gonna beat the shite outta you and make you sit."

(She took exception to that. One clawing later and they were seeing a side of Sable that Sara didn't know existed.)

"Leave me ALONE! I HATE you! All you ever wanted from me was to be your pet, your slave! Your fucking guard dog! 354 years! THREE CENTURIES!"

(Uhhh...sounded more like she was referring to Thaddius, not them, 'cause it's more than likely that neither of the two girls put together had quite that age on them. When it seemed clear that neither one of them was going to budge from Sable's inner-demon or whatever it was, she relented and sat on the rock she'd been on once more. Still, it was important somehow, and apparently the ninja-girl knew what was going on: Something had disrupted the flow of energy.)

"This is why I need ye Sara; I need someone who can dampen magic to suppress the energies within her. Then, together, we shall find the source of what ails her. Are ye willing to help? I can't promise yer gonna like it in there...but I promise it'll be educational."

Sara: Wait, dampen magic? But I don't have that power on me. I just... Here, wait. Yeah, I can help.

(There appeared to be misunderstandings all-around as to what she was and what her spiders could do. The Eldritch pantheon of horror was completely different from the one Thaddy and company were fighting. For instance, when Sara whistled for the Spiders of Leng to get over there, she didn't intend any 'natural power to decrease power', but rather if they knew a specific spell out of the multitudes that certain spiders had learned over time.)

Sara: Hey, I need you guys to- What? No, you cannot keep him! He's rotten meat! Now, anyone here know Power Drain?

(A couple of them raised forelimbs and she set them to get to work.)

Sara: Umm, sorry. I never got your name. Who are you?
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Mittens
Honor Student
Mittens
Honor Student

July 12th, 2013, 8:36 pm #9

The Scottish girl observed Sara's prancing around with arched eyebrows. Sable seemed to be drifting off to sleep, which was good. A dormant mind produced far less involuntary interference. It spent too much time dreaming. While Sara rounded up her troops, the ninja girl sighed as she looked over at the web-wrapped Thaddius. They had best run when he woke up; he wasn't going to kill them but he'd teach them a lesson that would sting in the morning. And the following morning. And the morning after that...call it a week of pain. Our Scottish ninja was very much keen to avoid unnecessary pain.

Umm, sorry. I never got your name. Who are you? Sara asked, attracting an amused grin from the Scottish girl. After all this time, names still amused her. Humans seemed to have a need to attach a label to something. Nouns never really described the person, especially proper nouns.

"Names're dangerous for me. I've only survived this long by being careful. Ye can call me Meredith if it suit ye." Meredith smirked pressing an index finger to Sable's forehead. Yes, this mind was well-defended. But strangely, the defences were laid open like a bear trap. Maybe she'd stopped caring whether her mind was safe or not. Or maybe she really did accept the help.

"Have yer friends look after us while we're in 'er head. If she doesn't yield the secret to why she can't use magic before Thaddius wakes up, yer friends are gonna have to hold 'im off. I'm pretty sure he ain't too good and Banishment yet. We just gotta hope he ain't I guess." Meredith smirked, offering a hand to Sara and laying Sable's head on a comfortable rock, hidden from sight. Upon gripping Meredith's hand, the ninja-girl would take them both to Sable's mind. A place that very few mortals could tread safely, given that artificial Stitched were just as infectious as normal Stitched. But Meredith would protect them from that.

Meredith arrived in Sable's mind, looking around for any defences she may have spung. But no, the green forest of Sable's mind was overgrown with multi-hued foliage. It was also quiet, despite it being beautiful. Meredith arched her eyebrows as her sharp ears picked up the whispers within the trees. She didn't feel comfortable going any further without Sara; this place was dangerous. The sky was just a sunless nightscape, dotted by stars. The longer Meredith looked at them, the more tempted she was to fly up to them. But she quashed the thought; this was just a defence to entice the undead and demonic into the horrific maw of a Stitched soul.

"This is a helluva lot different from what I was expectin'." Meredith blinked rapidly, expecting the snowscape she'd seen last time. Over to her left was a huge barred gate which lead deep into another person's mind. Occasionally a thought would drift through the bars, only to be snatched up by the vines of the trees. Deciding to power on regardless, Meredith began to wade through the bushes, making a point of not hacking her way through. Sable's mind would retaliate at even the slightest damage to it. Everything was precious and nothing could break.

"Hey, I think I see someone up ahead!" Meredith whispered harshly, ducking low into the bushes and narrowing her eyes. A small girl with black hair and bright blue eyes giggled happily, running through the foliage of the forest. Another sound penetrated the forest's still air; the thudding of an axe into a tree. "I reckon we should go talk to her. She might know a way through this miserable forest." Meredith cursed, grabbing a stupidly huge fly and throwing it in the opposite direction.

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

July 12th, 2013, 9:13 pm #10

"Names're dangerous for me. I've only survived this long by being careful. Ye can call me Meredith if it suit ye."

Sara: Your world and mine are a bit different.

"Have yer friends look after us while we're in 'er head. If she doesn't yield the secret to why she can't use magic before Thaddius wakes up, yer friends are gonna have to hold 'im off. I'm pretty sure he ain't too good and Banishment yet. We just gotta hope he ain't I guess."

Sara: Oh, I see.

(A little concentration and...VOIP! There was another good dozen or so Leng Spiders hanging about now. The horrid arachnids pretty much arrived at her beck and call, because she was not simply some average summoner. Sara was the Gateway, a living Eldritch pathway to and from the Dreamlands. Even if you banished 'em, you'd have to probably probably slap an active Elder Sign on her to get her to stop, and she could just remove it because she was - you know - alive and of this Earth. Bit awkward, really. She took Meredith's hand and felt herself shifted into a mind-reality, which Sara had some familiarity with. Sable's mindscape was a forest, a bit overgrown at that. Everyone's mind had a symbolic thingy about them, to put it in a none-too-technical fashion. It always meant something about their state of mind, and Sara had seen a few in her time.)

"This is a helluva lot different from what I was expectin'."

Sara: I've never been in here, so I wouldn't know.

"Hey, I think I see someone up ahead!"

(She said this...after spotting a girl in the mass of things. Sara had been wandering on her eight spider legs, so the growth wasn't really slowing her down. It was, however, at the sound of an axe that she herself paused. An axe cutting into wood around here would be...a sign of the problem at hand, right? She wanted to call in another spider to have a look, but her human form was limited in the amount of them she could call. She instead followed Meredith for now, since it was hard to localize the sound anyway.)

"I reckon we should go talk to her. She might know a way through this miserable forest."

Sara: 'Kay.

(She moved on ahead a bit swiftly with the eight legs, dropping down to her human legs once closer.)

sara: Excuse me, can you help us? We're lost like you wouldn't believe.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...