On the up-and-up!

Icarus
Honor Student
Icarus
Honor Student

October 15th, 2015, 10:53 pm #1

Brown eyes peered about the darkened room. The silly mask with circuitry painted around the eyes obscured his peripheral vision only barely. His cape resembled a circuit board, which the Core had thought appropriate, given his heritage. Balin very gingerly peeked into the closet. Empty. He clicked his tongue with frustration.

What was he missing? A giant estate appears in the middle of the forest, and nobody has raised any red flags? He found it highly unlikely that he was the only one in the world that a reclusive millionaire would invite a random assortment of people he didn't know to his very opulent home. Even his brother and sisters hadn't shared his misgivings.

He planted his hands on his hips and turned, then jumped with a start! Someone had appeared behind him!

"Gah! S-Sorry, I didn't- I-I-I mean, I wasn't... oh..." His heart's motors slowed. "Sorry, I thought you were one of the staff."

[[Feel free to surprise him ;) ]]

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

October 16th, 2015, 12:40 am #2

wrote:"Gah! S-Sorry, I didn't- I-I-I mean, I wasn't... oh...Sorry, I thought you were one of the staff."
Opal grinned, snickering a little. She had totally meant to startle the guy. He had been so deep in thought that she just couldn't resist!

"You jumped like a mile," she said, covering her mouth to giggle at him. The excitement of the party had her even more ornery than usual. Opal hadn't gone to many parties during her travels with her father, and she had never been invited to a place as ritzy as this. Her mask was a beautiful masquerade style black lacework bat, and her cape was a deep brown with two little felt bat wings flapping out behind her shoulders. Her long black hair was curled for the event, and she was wearing a casual black party dress.

"What were you looking at?" she asked, leaning to the side to peer past him.
"My brain makes the best decisions for everyone except me."

~ The Dude

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

October 16th, 2015, 1:02 am #3

She had never gone to a party before. Searchlight was the first school she had even gone too. She had been raised deep in the rain forest with a tribe. When Halloween had been announced she had asked her friend Opal questions about the strange holiday.

Dressing up was unheard of. But from the wonderful thing of the Internet, Rika learned of the things people thought of as a costume. It looked like the outfit from her tribe. It was weird but she liked it. And there was a how to on face paint.

Now she was in this mansion for this Halloween dance thing. And she had lost her friend. One of the few she knew. Eden and Saul hadn't gotten back with her and she was excited to spend time with her friend. But where was she. She wondered around til she found Opal.

"Opal! There you are! I thought I had lost you!" Then she saw Balin. "Oh! Hi!"

Rika was a blonde haired young woman with a green right eye and a red left eye. Her mismatched eyes were bright. She wore a loincloth and a fur strapless wrap that just covered her breasts. In a way she looked like a female Tarzan. No shoes covered her feet and there was tribal body paint on her face in the shape of a bat. Wooden armless encircled her arms.
Last edited by Chibi on October 16th, 2015, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Children

Icarus
Honor Student
Icarus
Honor Student

October 16th, 2015, 1:25 am #4

Balin's easy smile was nowhere to be found. Instead one of nervous embarrassment made itself at home on his face. He shuffled his hands against his gray slacks, as if he had an answer to her question in his pockets. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by another party guest.
chibi wrote:"Opal! There you are! I thought I had lost you!" Then she saw Balin. "Oh! Hi!"
"Hello," he greeted her, trying not to stare at her... revealing manner of costume. He'd heard that the customs of some countries on this planet were lax in their modesty, but this... He hadn't seen anything so revealing since the Core had demanded he explain the purpose of underwear. He was thankful his mask hid his reddening cheeks. "I was just explaining to... Opal, was it? She surprised me while I... uh... looked for a place to stow my things!" His face brightened as he latched onto the lie. "Yes! That's definitely it! I don't have a ride home tonight, so since the butler offered us beds that I would claim one right away."

Balin turned on his heel, looked again far too quickly to be convincing, and announced he was pleased. "Yes, this will do nicely. Anyway!" He quickly stepped forward and shut the closet far too loudly to be inconspicuous. "Now that I know that you are Opal," he gave a respectful quarter-bow to the batty young lady, "It's only courteous that you now know that I am Balin, son of Koan, and Bearer of the Mycerian Core." He then slowed as he pondered the newcomer. "And... you are?"

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

October 19th, 2015, 2:03 pm #5

Opal narrowed her eyes at this guy. Hmmm....the butler offered them beds, did he? Opal didn't remember him saying that, but then again Opal didn't really listen very well. Still...he didn't seem convincing at all. He was acting way too quickly and nervously. Did he have something to hide? He definitely had something to hide. Why else would he be acting so squirrely?

Opal nudged Rika and gestured to the closet door, a curious and suspicious look about her, almost as if to say, 'he's totally lying. Do you see it too?'
wrote: "It's only courteous that you now know that I am Balin, son of Koan, and Bearer of the Mycerian Core. And... you are?"
Opal hmphed at his fancy introduction. She didn't know what any of that meant, but she was guess it sounded important on purpose.

"This is Rika. Daughter of the jungle bat goddess and future queen of the werebats," Opal said, smirking. Everything but 'this is Rika' was pure bullshit. There wasn't even such a thing as werebats (as far as she knew anyway). But why the hell not? They didn't know this guy! And his totally over-the-top introduction was a glaring invitation to try to one-up him.

Opal placed her hands on Rika's shoulders and held her forward a bit, as though displaying her. "That's why she's dressed like this, to try to bait men into disrespecting her. Anyone who disrespects the bad goddess's daughter gives ten years off his lifespan to Rika." She grinned at Rika. "Right?"
Last edited by Newlight on October 19th, 2015, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My brain makes the best decisions for everyone except me."

~ The Dude

Panda Doll
High Honor Student
Panda Doll
High Honor Student

October 19th, 2015, 2:20 pm #6

He was prowling around looking for his little female. Well he hoped she would be. He was sent a lion mask and tawny leather pants. Tribal paint decorated his upper body.

Saul had meant to get back to Rika but he had gotten stupidly shy. Now he was following her scent and that of another batling and a guy upstairs. His lion instinct was screaming that she was going to be hit on to join another male's harem.

When he burst into the room he snarled at Balin his eyes that of a massive predatory animal. He zero'd in the other male with serious bodily harm in mind.

I come to induce an overdose of CUTENESS!
Panda's 30+ Sinister Creations
Not my circus
Not my monkeys...
...My monkeys can fly.

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

October 19th, 2015, 6:26 pm #7

(Someone had mentioned 'bat anima goddess' up here. She'd actually heard it from downstairs. after coming in, using her frankly incredible hearing ability. Why was this important? Because suddenly, there was nothing, and then there was a gout of smoke and- OH MY GOD, IT'S BATMAN!!)

Batman?: Did somebody mention something about a bat goddess up here?

(It sounded alot like Batman, looked alot like Batman, but it was actually Lumis Melaney, whose bat-related powers were related to an anima that she gained while lost in a dark cave. A BAT CAVE!)
Last edited by Lord Massacre on October 19th, 2015, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

October 20th, 2015, 1:01 pm #8

Opal wasn't the only one who hadn't listened all that well because Rika felt as if she had missed the tidbit about the beds. None the less she smiled at Balin and offered him a smile.

Then Opal introduced her. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as if a secret had just been dropped about her. Suddenly she looked shy. But grinned.

"She's right," Rika backed Opal up.

When Saul burst into the room, Rika startled and looked at the snarling feline.

"Saul?"

And then Lumis appeared...in a Batman suit! Rika's eyes widened.

"Well this is turning out to be a interesting party."

My Children

Icarus
Honor Student
Icarus
Honor Student

October 21st, 2015, 10:53 pm #9

Were-what-now? Bats? PEOPLE THAT TURNED IN TO BATS?!

"By the Five, that's FASCINATING!" Balin inhaled to start throwing rapid-fire questions about her species, but was interrupted by newcomers. A were-lion! He growled and postured for a fight. Balin's connection to his Soul magic pumped through him in a fight-or-flight reaction. The tattoos on his body all glowed brightly, even appearing over his clothing. His concentration was broken, however, when a darkly warrior appeared in their midst.

Balin's tattoos faltered and ebbed. "Who.... What's happening right now?" The poor kid was completely lost.

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

October 23rd, 2015, 4:28 pm #10

(Within the cape and cowl of her extremely-good Batman costume, Lumis did NOT smirk...for two reasons. Their reactions were funny, even hilarious, but first...it wass not very Batman like to smirk or laugh at this. And second, she did not emote that well in the first place. She had emotions, but not much expression, if you follow the meaning. Anyway, Balin spoke up...)

"Who.... What's happening right now?"

(She put on her good Batman voice and explained.)

Batman?: What's happening right now is...I'm Batman.

(Then, she turned to Rika, whom she actually DID know from Flight Club...)

Batman?: I expected someone taller for a goddess.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Confirmation of reply: