TaintedZERO
Student

January 27th, 2016, 5:29 am #21

Eventually, they would pull up to a large tower belonging to one of the prefecture's larger radio stations. It was a spectacle, to see the caravan all park at once in front of the building. The guys in the yellow sports car got out first and beckoned to the boys to get out of their ride and follow them in. The lobby was filled with groups of other people. By the look of some of them, some with their instruments and others with their get-ups, all staring down at clip boards and discussing intently with each other, it seemed like they were all musicians here for the same reason. They were all qualifiers for the main event: the Rock Royale.

After getting the rough idea, Masaki started comparing some of the various groups with his own ragtag crew. Sure, there was Eddie, who looked like he found fit right in with these types, and sounded like he could definitely teach them a thing or two. But the rest of them? The way they shuffled forward wordlessly (other than whatever small conversation Niko and Eddie might be having, or the odd word traded among the four of them) wasn't a great first impression of their "band's" chemistry.

Hitting what appeared to be the main desk, one of the flashy guys from the sports car finally turned to the boys and spoke.

"I'm sure you guys wanna get to the important stuff, seeing as you haven't had as much time to prepare yourselves as the others have, so we'll keep this short. Other than the regular registration paperwork we require from the participants here at Rokon Radio, we'll also be having a little interview with you guys. Nothing big, we just wanna know who you are and what you'll be bringing to this year's festival. And thanks to some favours that the young Mr. Urahara is pulling in, we can allow for some expediency and get that done within the hour."

The man held out a clipboard in which sat a reasonably light stack of forms, and reached out past the boys. It was only then that Masaki realized that the stern, bespectacled woman in the pinstriped set had followed them in and taken hold of the forms.

"I'll take care of the majority of the paperwork. I'm sure boys like you would most likely give up reading halfway. I'm looking at you, young sir," the woman said curtly. Though if one knew better, they would almost think that she was being playful about it. The redhead only answered with a bored, almost sheepish shrug, as if him being called out for matters like this was routine.

"So guys, I'll just have you all wait in one of these offices here, and we'll get things rolling! Glad to have you onboard for this year's Rock Royal." He pointed them to an open door down a quiet hallway, and as the man turned to walk off, Masaki could see the fake smile give way to a tired, bored grimace.

Masaki hesitated before going into the room with the other boys.

We literally became a "band" about 45 minutes ago. We're not even really friends. What the hell do they want us to say?

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

January 30th, 2016, 6:18 am #22

(Well, it didn't take too long to get where they were going, which was just unbelievably fine according to the Book of Eddie. He preferred things upbeat and hyper-velocity, as you can imagine. This place would be their battleground, and he was an armed-and-dangerous dude! Still, Masaki's assessment was pretty much spot on. Eddie actually recognized a few of these people, other performers in the same field as he was. Naturally, he waved and gave off a goofy grin. Niko didn't stand out too much on this. He had a certain confidence in this area. You might say he had a machine precision...because he did. This, of course, led onto the main desk.)

"I'm sure you guys wanna get to the important stuff, seeing as you haven't had as much time to prepare yourselves as the others have, so we'll keep this short. Other than the regular registration paperwork we require from the participants here at Rokon Radio, we'll also be having a little interview with you guys. Nothing big, we just wanna know who you are and what you'll be bringing to this year's festival. And thanks to some favours that the young Mr. Urahara is pulling in, we can allow for some expediency and get that done within the hour."

Niko: Sweet.

Eddie: I'm ready, brother.

(Neither one of them liked paperwork that much, but the both of them liked expedience. Even still, they could certainly handle yonder paperwork. However, before they could go at it, the papers were taken into the secretarial hands of the secretary lady. Redundant statement or apt description? You decide!)

"I'll take care of the majority of the paperwork. I'm sure boys like you would most likely give up reading halfway. I'm looking at you, young sir,"

Eddie: The Edmeister reserves the right to review the papers before giving it the stamp of approval.

Niko: Of course. We may be young and crazy high schoolers, but we still have to look into this stuff.

(They were sent to the offices, where presumably the interviews would soon begin and Eddie would no-doubt say a bunch of spontaneous Eddie-type things. Really, on top of 'Man of a Thousand Concerts', we should add 'Master of the Bizarre One-Liners'. Niko, of course, was going to be himself...except without the Reploid Sniper-ness. Some things were best left out.)
Last edited by Lord Massacre on January 30th, 2016, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...