Kitten...er...Cub-Sitting?

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

March 18th, 2014, 7:53 pm #1

Here they were...the great island, the great Searchlight Academy. No more "perfection," no more "reputation upholding," no more nag-nag-nagging. No more of that, not without their father breathing down their necks. Nope, finally, some FREEDOM! What a great feeling! ...Too bad it was so short-lived. Serafina stood at the doorway of her new dorm, her eyebrow twitching slightly. Two beds...two closets...two nightstands...two desks...yes, yep, that was it. It might not have been as bad if...well, if there wasn't two of them.

"I can't believe it...we leave home and end up sharing a room."

She went over to the bed nearest the window and flopped down on it, instantly claiming it as hers. She loved her sister but...ugh...why did the school have to put them as roommates? This whole no-supervision thing, yeah, the freedom thing, remember? Yeah...that wasn't going to go as smoothly if Aurora was going to be babysitting Sera all the time. But hey, who knows, maybe this place would help Aurora loosen up a bit! Without their father nagging them all the time there were no rules for the older tiger to enforce! Sera would make her have fun. It shouldn't take long. A few weeks with out their father's influence and Sera would be the ONLY influence!

"Whatever. We'll get used to it." She sat up and stretched, looked out the window at all the people hanging around in the courtyard. "It's worth it anyway. He can't tell us "no" anymore. Let's go find something to do!"
"My brain makes the best decisions for everyone except me."

~ The Dude

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

March 18th, 2014, 10:21 pm #2

Aurora was stressed out, while her little sister Sera was ready to party and chug alcoholic drinks and go romp around with boys that their father would not approve of, she was the one given the responsibillity from their rather harsh father to enforce his rules while they were away.... with Sera in mind? This was gonna be a long year for her. She set her stuff down on the bed farthest from the window, good, she didn't want to see the sun first thing in the morning. And set down, listening patiently to her sisters complaining. She sighed as she replied, "One might think you don't enjoy your sisters company Sera, besides, I wouldn't be suprised if Father had something to do with it, after all, he gave me this short list of rules that you had to follow." Short was said in the same tone as every other word, but the long sheet of paper she removed from her bag was anything but, it rolled across the short room to bump up against Sera's bed. "This is page 1 of 84, Father gave me explicit instructions to make sure that we follow them." To be honest, half the rules were repeats, or repeats of the repeats, but Father was quite insistent on that part.

She cleared her pale throat with a little grin, "For example, rule 249 part A states that neither of us shall date a non-werecat who does not have a considerable lineage that would bring power to the family. If you attempt to do otherwise, I have been instructed to remove their capacity to breed." She stated it calmly, as if it was out of memory, and really, it was, it was the only rule she'd memorized. She didn't like the idea of anyone touching her precious sister. "Don't worry, it won't be too bad. You can still have sanctioned fun." She said consolingly, she didn't really like any of the rules either, given the glare she gave the stack of papers, although it could have been the back-pain she had to go through carrying them. However, her fear of her father kept her in check, even when he was thousands of miles away.
Last edited by Ares on March 18th, 2014, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dogs of War (Charries)
The Facets of my Personality lie within, abandon all hope, ye who enter here!

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

March 19th, 2014, 5:05 am #3

Aurora wrote:"One might think you don't enjoy your sisters company Sera, besides, I wouldn't be suprised if Father had something to do with it, after all, he gave me this short list of rules that you had to follow."
...You could almost hear her heart breaking.
Aurora wrote:"This is page 1 of 84, Father gave me explicit instructions to make sure that we follow them."
"Whaaaaaa....smaaaall?" She whined, her eye twitching in disbelief. She lightly kicked the paper away from her foot.
Aurora wrote: "For example, rule 249 part A states that neither of us shall date a non-werecat who does not have a considerable lineage that would bring power to the family. If you attempt to do otherwise, I have been instructed to remove their capacity to breed. Don't worry, it won't be too bad. You can still have sanctioned fun."
...It took her a second to understand it, but once she did she crossed her arms and huffed in a childish way. "AURORA! You're not actually going to listen to all that are you? We're on an ISLAND! What's the worst he can do to us over here?" Their father was intimidating, but he never laid a hand on them. He was too "sophisticated" for that. His idea of punishment was lecturing, forced studying, intense cleaning, practically-solitary-confinement-grounding, and intense sessions of balancing books on their heads over and over and over and over and over again...shudder. How could he enforce any of that from a thousand miles away.

"Look, he wants us to be little-miss-perfects all the damn time! But he doesn't get to see us more than a weekend here and there now. We're FREE. So loosen up and have some freaking fun!"

~ The Dude

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

March 19th, 2014, 5:57 am #4

Aurora put on her best poker face, and damn, it was good, "You think this isn't small? I managed to talk him out of an additional 14 pages that essentially restated the previous rules another 8 times. If you like, i can have him email me the rest of them." Her lips twitched in the only tell that she was joking. As if father would let Aurora, who was known to baby Sera a little, help him make the rules they'd obey. So why did she say so? Because Sera was so cute when she was angry. Or sad. Or disbelieving. Okay, Sera was just like a little kitty cat, she was cute, and Aurora thought it was cute to see her react to anything.

She looked around as Sera mentioned their father, she managed not to flinch, her father wouldn't have to lay a hand on Aurora to hurt her, just the glare he reserved for the trophy of the family when she messed up period. Her eyes widened at the suggestion that they rebel at all, she shuddered at the thought, "Look, I know you want to party, but I will be the one he gets angry at if you do something crazy, and would you really put it past him to come and 'visit' us by suprise on occasion, to make sure we aren't disobeying him?" Aurora saw her father in a much different light than Sera, it seemed. Mostly because of a few distinct differences between Aurora and Sera. And because he was a lot stricter with her.

Aurora could not physically get any paler, but she tried. Sera just mentioned the 4 letter word. She shivered, as if her own usual icyness was paying her a visit. "Free? Its just another cage, a bigger one, but a cage nontheless, remember, he could always remove us from this school without a moments hesitation." And Aurora didn't doubt for a second that he would, given the chance, he had only sent Aurora along to watch Sera, it seemed. Her wintery gaze seemed to be sad for a brief moment, "Look, I can fudge the lines here and there, but if you do something stupid like going and getting drunk off your ass, or god forbid sleeping with some guy and getting pregnant, how the hell am I supposed to keep that from him?" Yes, she was sending back regular reports. Yes, he was making her. Get over it, her father scared her!

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

March 19th, 2014, 7:52 am #5

Aurora wrote:"You think this isn't small? I managed to talk him out of an additional 14 pages that essentially restated the previous rules another 8 times. If you like, i can have him email me the rest of them."
Sera shook her head, an expression of horror never leaving her face. "Why...why on earth would you ever want to do that...? Don't provoke him! Like that! HE'LL THINK OF MORE!"
Aurora wrote:"Look, I know you want to party, but I will be the one he gets angry at if you do something crazy, and would you really put it past him to come and 'visit' us by suprise on occasion, to make sure we aren't disobeying him?"
Sera crossed her arms and huffed, sitting back on the edge of the bed like a spoiled child who just heard her first "no." She was right...their father could surprise visit them if he wanted to.
Aurora wrote: "Free? Its just another cage, a bigger one, but a cage nontheless, remember, he could always remove us from this school without a moments hesitation."
...And he could take them from the school if he wanted to as well. But...a bigger cage? That's it? No, they weren't in a cage anymore. Not anymore. They were out of the house. He wasn't watching their every move. Maybe in a very large fenced-in wildlife preserve...but a cage?
Aurora wrote: "Look, I can fudge the lines here and there, but if you do something stupid like going and getting drunk off your ass, or god forbid sleeping with some guy and getting pregnant, how the hell am I supposed to keep that from him?"
"Aurora!" Sera said sternly...or, well, as sternly as she could. Her knees hit the floor in front of her and she clasped her sister's hands. "You need to relax. He's not watching us here. Sure, he's going to be checking in on us and what not but hell, we're out of the house. He sent us here to have a perfect education...especially you, since he expects you to go off and be crazy successful or whatever. He may try to control us from a distance, but he can't watch us all the time. We are going to have a *little* bit more freedom, at least. Just relax, he isn't watching." She squeezed her hands, giving her an encouraging little smile. Please...pleeeeeease let me have funnnnn.... "Relaaax..."

~ The Dude

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

March 20th, 2014, 1:24 am #6

Aurora managed to keep a straight face for all of two seconds, before smiling and laughing lightly, "Gotcha, please, as if I could get Father to make less rules." He'd probably make more rules specifically aimed at Aurora, knowing she is scared enough to actually obey them. She wanted to just pinch Sera's cheeks, she was so cute right there. She was so funny when she was scared or worried~

Damnit. She was begging. Don't break. Don't break. Don't- awwww, she was soooo cuuuute. Damnit, why did Sera have to know her 1 weakness? Her gaze softened, and she grudgingly allowed, "Okaaaay, just a little though, no sleeping with guys or going binge drinking, I gotta draw the line somewhere." Mostly cause if she didn't, Sera would do EVERYTHING. As it is, Aurora would likely have to scare off any guy that took more than a passing interest in Sera. She wasn't too eager for her own future to come up, she reached up and ruffled her little sister's hair, she really had trouble telling Sera no. She felt really mean when she did.

She let go of her sister and grabbed a pen a started writing on the back of the rules list, "Okay, this will be a little amended, and shorter version. 1. No alcohol, period, unless its in our room and you don't get too drunk. 2. No Boys, period. You are not allowed to date guys, if I hear about it..." She gave Sera a look that left little doubt of what she'd do. And the guy would be singing soprano forever. "3. Be back by 11 every night, otherwise I will have to hunt you down and miss my beauty sleep, which will make me very, VERY cranky. and finally 4. Don't be stupid, which means no drugs or anything that is obviously gonna ruin my day if Father visits." Father, never Dad or anything similarly close, but her list was at least clear. Which couldn't be said for their fathers list.

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

March 22nd, 2014, 6:21 am #7

Aurora wrote:"Gotcha, please, as if I could get Father to make less rules."
Serafina's eye twitched a bit upon realizing that she had been tricked. She huffed and folded her arms, giving her clever sister something of a pout. "That wasn't funny." She muttered. It wasn't fair! How was she supposed to tell when Aurora was joking? Her face NEVER showed it!
Aurora wrote: "Okaaaay, just a little though, no sleeping with guys or going binge drinking, I gotta draw the line somewhere."
Sera grinned knowing that she had gotten her way again. She 'hmphed' slightly and glanced off to the side with the new rule. "Alright, alriiight. I can obey that. What kind of girl do you take me for?" She chuckled lightly, knowing how well her sister understood her "need" for boundaries. Otherwise she'd have nothing stopping her from anything. She was so used to restriction that she ran with any freedom she had. Give her an inch she'll go a thousand miles. Without their father there, she could do EVERYTHING! So it was wise of Aurora to point out some things knowing that she'd do just about anything to exercise her freedom. Well, maybe not sleeping around. She might not go off and sleep with just anyone...that was special. But if her father had been here to tell her not to...she just might. Just to spite him. The binge drinking...okay....it was REALLY wise to point that out.
Aurora wrote:"Okay, this will be a little amended, and shorter version. 1. No alcohol, period, unless its in our room and you don't get too drunk. 2. No Boys, period. You are not allowed to date guys, if I hear about it..."
Sera gulped and nodded, making a mental note to only go on dates at night after Aurora was asleep.
Aurora wrote:3. Be back by 11 every night, otherwise I will have to hunt you down and miss my beauty sleep, which will make me very, VERY cranky. and finally 4. Don't be stupid, which means no drugs or anything that is obviously gonna ruin my day if Father visits."
Ugh...she was giving her a curfew...but she could live with that! It was worth avoiding a cranky Aurora. "Drugs?!" She exclaimed, much more exaggerated than it needed to be. "Why, sister! I'm surprised that you would ever expect me to partake in such a practice! Drugs are VERY bad! I'm not foolish!" She pointed her finger in the air to punctuate the word "very." Yeah...she was overdoing it. And only because she knew that Aurora would know she overacting, and that might make her nervous. And that would be funny! And that would get back at her for pretended to get more rules from father. Which wasn't funny!

"And the boy thing...don't worry, sister." She knelt next to Aurora, taking her hands gently and giving her a kind look. "With all my heart, I promise you, you won't ever hear about it."...It wasn't a lie, really, it wasn't. Aurora was NOT going to hear about it. Not if Sera could help it.

~ The Dude

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

March 22nd, 2014, 8:52 pm #8

Aurora ruffled her little sis's hair, "Yes it was, you are cute when you're terrified." She didn't quite get that Sera couldn't read her face very well. It was just pretty damn natural for her to be like that. She smiled as her sister pouted, cute, she'd have to play little jokes on her occasionally, just for that look on her face.

Aurora, hearing her Hmph, turned and gave her an unusually dangerous look, "The kind that will try to get away with anything, regardless of the punishments her sister will have heaped upon her, so while I'll be relaxing some, I am going to keep an eye on you." And hiding things from Aurora would be difficult, she was a better sneak than Sera (she believed, at least), and could watch her without her sister even knowing. The challenge was even fun at times, so Sera should know that she wouldn't be totally free. She didn't know how true the statement was, but she wasn't going to give her too much slack... despite the fact that she just did not a minute ago.

Aurora, seeing her begin to tirade about drugs evilness, narrowed her eyes, and walked over and poked her sister in the forehead. "Look, we are, in fact, Werecats, so when I say no drugs, I mean no Cocaine, no Weed, no Heroin or any other human drugs, and if i catch you with a mere hint of the stuff on you, I will put you on a leash so tight it will make father proud when he arrives to punish you personally." Her gaze would have made Jack Frost shiver, "Now, if you are good and I find no hint of you disobeying my other rules, I can easily find some Werecat-grade Catnip." Now, this may seem strange, but lets remember, Catnip has NO side effects and is non-addictive, it just makes them happy and high. So it isn't something Aurora is worried about, not to say she'd tolerate Sera having the stuff without her permission, she was a little bit controlling, but she had learned that Sera didn't like just having a stick, she loved carrots, (metaphorically of course.) Besides, it was a good excuse to try it out herself, she had always wanted to rebel a little bit, and Catnip had always been denied her without being explicitly told not to do it.

Her gaze softened as her sister took her hand and promised her she'd never see it, she smiled back kindly, her gaze melting into an almost warm gaze, "I know, but I couldn't bear it if you got pregnant and I had to explain it to father, he would probably kill me or worse." Her voice did not fluctuate or do anything to hint she was kidding, because she wasn't. If Sera got pregnant? Father may have loosened Sera's leash a little, but not to THAT point, and Aurora's leash was tighter than ever. She patted her sister, "But I'm sure my wonderful little sister wouldn't want any harm to come to me, so I'm safe, aren't I?" Her gaze met her sisters, and it was warm and trusting, as if she really expected her sister to do no wrong. Really? Yea no, she fully expected to have to castrate one or two boyfriends before her sister got a bad reputation and no guy would date her.

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

April 19th, 2014, 7:35 am #9

Aurora wrote: "Yes it was, you are cute when you're terrified."
Serafina huffed and pouted a little. She folded her arms and narrowed her eyes. "I am not." She grumbled. Her sister was patronizing her! Her anger should be taken very seriously!
Aurora wrote: "The kind that will try to get away with anything, regardless of the punishments her sister will have heaped upon her, so while I'll be relaxing some, I am going to keep an eye on you
."

Sera sighed. There really wasn't much she could argue with there... "Just one? Just one eye, Aurora?" She asked, a playful little smirk emerging.
Aurora wrote:"Look, we are, in fact, Werecats, so when I say no drugs, I mean no Cocaine, no Weed, no Heroin or any other human drugs, and if i catch you with a mere hint of the stuff on you, I will put you on a leash so tight it will make father proud when he arrives to punish you personally. Now, if you are good and I find no hint of you disobeying my other rules, I can easily find some Werecat-grade Catnip."
Her eyes lit up but she tried hide how excited she was at the thought of getting some catnip made for them. That would have a real kick to it! So obey her sister's rules and before long she'd have her claws on the good stuff...the best stuff!
Aurora wrote:"I know, but I couldn't bear it if you got pregnant and I had to explain it to father, he would probably kill me or worse."
Sera sighed. She wanted to go off and be crazy...but when her sister put it across that way in such a tender manner she almost felt bad for wanting to do so much. Sera understood the issue of their father better than anyone else ever could. She knew how terrifying the thought of explaining a pregnancy to him would be. Or having to explain anything of the sort for that matter. Anything Sera did would fall back on Aurora, and although she seemed like she was selfish enough not to consider that, it was the only reason that she wasn't totally out of control. It wasn't that Sera wanted to be an unruly teenager throwing her life into the gutter with her choices. It was just the way her mind worked. After being suppressed for so long, Sera had little to no self-control when it came to freedom. She would take whatever she got and run with it. There was no restraint. She couldn't help herself. Knowing that the wilder she was the worse off her sister was kept her in line...or some kind of line, at least. Aurora was all she had, really. She was Sera's only loved one. Before she came along Sera wasn't even aware that she could be loved without having to earn it.
Aurora wrote:But I'm sure my wonderful little sister wouldn't want any harm to come to me, so I'm safe, aren't I?"
She sighed again in a halfheartedly reluctant way. Then she smiled softly and squeezed her hands. "Of course you are, sister."

THREE DAYS LATER
"You know, I really don't understand why you're so stubborn." Sera grumbled as she folded her arms. She sat cross-legged on the bed rolling her eyes at her sister's every word. "You're so boooooring. All I'm asking is that we go out and have a little fun, just a little, that isn't in Father's itinerary!"

~ The Dude

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

April 21st, 2014, 6:19 pm #10

Heh, she was so cute, the day she took her sister's anger seriously was the day she tanned. She did not want to tan. So little Sera's anger was to remain a comedy until the day she died. Aurora smiled genuinely, a little laugh bubbling out as she let her sister get the last word in.

She smiled at Sera, "Yes, just one, I am not Father." She said, putting a little bit of warmth into the statement. She wasn't trying to be restrictive, but she had to be sometimes. Sera had all the self-restraint of a madwoman, and all the self-preservation of a beserker. If she gave her sister the reigns, she'd go off and start a world war or something equally as bad... she's not exaggerating either.

Bingo. Sera wanted catnip, Aurora wanted catnip. She had a good carrot for her little kitten. Maybe now her sister would behave. And not do anything stupid. That wasn't too much to ask was it? For her precious little sister to be nice and accept these things for at least a week?

_____

Who was she kidding? Aurora was even tired of the schedule, as she flipped another page in her Calculus textbook. Fuck Calculus. She cursed whichever asshole invented the stuff, she didn't even need to know this, but Father insisted. Like he really cared what she knew, he just wanted another label for her... unfortuenetly to stay, she had to.

Her nerves were worn out, her sister had made it less than 24 hours before she started complaining. And she was in the same room as her. That was the killer, she counted to 10 in her head, trying not to snap on her precious little devil sister. "I am stubborn, because i'm the one who'll get punished if you do something stupid." She stated, calmly, turning the page as she gave up on understanding it.

She threw the book at the wall, "Alright!" She said, exasperated, "I will give you one minute, come up with something that is not," She started counting off on her fingers, "Immoral, dedgrading, dangerous, insane, likely to get you pregnant, completely designed to hook you up with boys, completely designed to hook me up with boys, likely to get me pregnant, expensive, or something that i am going to have to tell father about." She said, rounding out the list with a almost pleading glare, she wanted out of here too, father's list was on her nerves, all she could do is study, study, study how to study better, and look dignified.