Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

August 8th, 2015, 7:50 am #11

(Bats were indeed common, it seems, though Lumis really hadn't known any until now. Quite interesting, actually. Lumis felt an innate desire to compare notes with them, sometime, see what they had to say about the inherent advantages and flaws in bat-related flight power. You see? This club wasn't such a bad idea. It took one of her favorite pasttimes and ran with it. Well...flew with it. Jessy's introduction was rather short, but Lumis was aware that she was simply born that way, lamenting the inability to be able to put the wings away for a time. It made the bat-girl wish that she had been born with shifting powers, that she had a choice. Once Phoenis herself had delivered an introduction, she explained more general information on how the club was. It was pretty freeform, and willing to just get down to business, which was of course flying.)

"This club is still pretty young, so I don't have a lot of things planned just yet. If any of you have suggestions for stuff we could do, let me know."

Lumis: I might.

(She wasn't 100% sure just yet, but maybe the idea of a little air-sport could work? Maybe.)

"Okay! Well, let's head outside. Pick a partner on your way out."

(That all began. A couple of partners were immediately chosen and those ready would be heading for the stairs. Lumis prepared herself again, wings appearing once more from her back, ears changing, fangs growing, and all her claws and talons poking into place. Since no one had come to her yet, she turned to Jessy, pulling her own sunglasses out again.)

Lumis: May I join you?
Last edited by Lord Massacre on August 13th, 2015, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

August 9th, 2015, 5:50 am #12

wrote: "I'm Phoenix, a sophmore, and I fly by riding Rain in her true from. She's much bigger in that form, I assure you. Now..."
Jessy hoped so, trying to ride on a falcon/hawk/notpigeon thing wouldn't be fun for the bird if it stayed that size. Well, at least there weren't as many bat people as she had though, only about half, give or take. She finally stopped eating as the introductions went over without a hitch. At least she hadn't completely screwed that up.
wrote:"I'm just going to tell you guys a few things about what we'll be doing. And then I think it'd be fun if we all went outside and took a test flight together. We'll meet here every other Thursday just after classes let out. We'll be doing a lot of flying, of course. But I'd like it if we could meet here for little events from time to time. You know, spend time getting to know each other."
She nodded, yea, usually club stuff. Hopefully the others would get along with them all and stuff. None of them seemed to stare at all. Well, to be fair she didn't have her features out, and probably wouldn't do more than show her wings as long as she could. They were the easier part to deal with.
wrote:"This club is still pretty young, so I don't have a lot of things planned just yet. If any of you have suggestions for stuff we could do, let me know. Okay! Well, let's head outside. Pick a partner on your way out."
Jessy thought about it for a couple seconds, but she didn't have anything yet, maybe by the next meeting. She felt a flutter of joy, it seemed like this was actually going to happen. Why'd they have to pair up, most of them hopefully understood flying at least a little bit. Well, considering they did it, more than a little bit. she shifted her wings against her back nervously. Which probably looked odd to anyone watching.
wrote:May I join you?
She looked at Lumis, watching her as her wings and stuff came out, "Definetly." She said, a little releived she didn't have to go ask anyone to fly with her. After momentary hesitation, she added quietly, "thanks."She rolled her shoulders and moved her jacket a little so her long leathery wings slithered slowly though the holes right. The wings swept to her sides as the girl replaced the jacket. The wings surrounded her appealing form, the dark, leather forms that appeared slightly monstrous provided a stark contrast to the almost mundane form upon which they cast shadows as they stretched to their gargantuan wingspan, seeming to dwarf Jessy in their dark magnificance.

She pulled her wings to their side, running her nails along the folds and structure of the wings, making sure they were okay as she walked up the stairs behind Lumis. Phoenix had been staring at her a lot, had she seen Jessy before? One of the tiems she walked around full freak? She felt as though the eyes of everyone were on her, whether they were or not, and she shifted around, waiting for someone else to take the lead, she sure as hell wasn't taking off first.
Last edited by Ares on August 9th, 2015, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dogs of War (Charries)
The Facets of my Personality lie within, abandon all hope, ye who enter here!

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

August 12th, 2015, 12:31 pm #13

Felicia was the last one, so Phoenix made her way over to her and smiled.

"Mind pairing up with me?" She asked.
wrote:"I'd like that! I've never met another fruit bat,"
"Me either," said Opal, her eyes gleaming. Her little time at this school had been so lame so far. She had no one to hang out with and everything seemed so boring compared to how she and her father had lived.
wrote:"How long have you been at the school?"
"Only two weeks," said Opal. "How about you?"

When they got to the roof, Phoenix snapped her fingers and said something in another language, and Rain hopped off of her shoulder and took to the skies. The bird flew overhead, and as she did she grew. She circled around them a few times, casting a huge shadow. She had a wingspan of twelve feet, a body length of six.

"We'll consider this a dismissal," said Phoenix. "Everyone take a flight with your partner, and then when you land try to do something together. Maybe have a coffee or something. Just get to know each other. I'll see you back next week."

If Felicia had agreed to match up with Phoenix, she'd beckon her to the edge of the roof. Rain flew higher and then started declining, swooping close to them. [color=090]"Thanks for coming ladies. Goodbye!"[/color]

And with that, Phoenix jumped off and onto Rain's back as the huge bird flew past. She took the air, leaning to wrap her arms around Rain's neck, and looked over to see if Felicia had followed.

Opal shifted and took a few seconds to rest and nibble on a strawberry she had swiped on her way out. Then she flew off with Rika. She was a little brown bat with blue eyes. Some red from the strawberry stained the fur around her mouth.

She flew over Rika and around her, being playful.
Last edited by Newlight on August 12th, 2015, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My brain makes the best decisions for everyone except me."

~ The Dude

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

August 12th, 2015, 11:03 pm #14

Felicia offered Phoenix a small smile. "Not a problem."

It truly wasn't a problem. She was interested in Rain and Phoenix even if she wouldn't admit it. The people knew her best she felt no need to ask questions about but faced with someone who didn't know her background and without a familiar face around, she felt stupid for asking too many questions.

At the roof, her partner dismissed them with an assignment. Make a new friend or at least attempt too. Her pixie wings unfurled. The iridescent wings were tipped in black from her dark pixie genes. They fluttered as she took to the sky as Raina grew. It was amazing.

"Your bird friend is pretty cool," Felicia offered once they were in the sky and away from the others. The sky was one place she felt free at.

"About two months," Rika offered. "I came in during the summer. The chieftain of the clan thought it wise for me to socialize with the outside world now that I'm older."

Once she shifted into the form of a fruit bat she stretched her wings and took flight. In her bat form, she was a little bit lighter then Opal. Her eyes were the strangest things. One was still green and the other was red. In humans it was rare but in bat shifters even rarer.

In the air Rika played with Opal and tried to fly around her as well. She wasn't nearly as big at Opal was so she had to make extra flaps to do the same thing as the other bat was.

My Children

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

August 13th, 2015, 6:32 pm #15

(Knowing Jessy prior to now, Lumis was aware of some of the awkwardness she felt about herself, so asking the other girl if she could partner with her was probably for the best. If she could feel more wanted, she could feel more at ease, and Jessy herself seemed to think so as well, having quietly thanked her. Lumis nodded at her, as though to say "No problem", and the two of them moved on, heading up the stairs. The roof was open and free, a great spot for take-offs. As she looked around, she caught sight of the unfurled Jessy, ready for flight, and a thought struck her.)

Lumis: How is it that you do not turn heads in a good way?

(It was true that because she could not really hide some of her attributes - especially her wings - Jessy was very self-conscious about her appearance. But something that confused the bat-girl even now was how she did not attract anyone. Maybe not humans, but meta-humans, someone able to accept that which was out of the ordinary. After all, she was certainly attractive. The wings even added their own certain elegance to the picture. For her own part, Lumis wished that Jessy knew more understanding people, so she could break out of herself, so to speak. Well, still, Phoenix had transformed her bird and...wow, it got BIG.)

"We'll consider this a dismissal. Everyone take a flight with your partner, and then when you land try to do something together. Maybe have a coffee or something. Just get to know each other. I'll see you back next week."

(Lumis tilted her head at that abrupt ending, then glanced at Jessy.)

Lumis: Short meeting. Anywhere you'd like to go after we do some flying? I have no preference.

(After her answer was given, Lumis would give a bit of a running start and leap to catch the air and swoop up with the nearest air-current to bring her higher. She had told Jessy about her flying style before in the hopes that she could improve her own flight. Let's see how she does.)
Last edited by Lord Massacre on August 14th, 2015, 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Ares
Honor Student
Ares
Honor Student

August 14th, 2015, 2:33 am #16

wrote:How is it that you do not turn heads in a good way?
Jezebelle's face colored red at the compliment, even if it wasn't quite intended like that, looked down at herself. "I don't know really, i mean, I have some guesses. But I think its mostly the eyes, and the teeth. People can look at comic book heroes and love them, but its something humans just do, most humans, and metas are scared of me because I'm close to human, but there's just a few things that shatter the illusion that i'm normal. Or maybe they just think I look like a horror critter. I don't know. But i hate it." She said, finishing her little tired rant. Lumis couldn't know, but she asked herself that question every night, every day, every time someone ran away or insulted her appearance. It was just something she couldn't answer. But even most metas looked human, so perhaps on some level it was the fact that she was so almost human.

She watched as the tiny bird got really big. Damn. She reminded herself not to make baby-talk to the bird. However tempting it could eventually get. She nodded at the dismissal, looking to Lumis as she asked her question.
wrote:Short meeting. Anywhere you'd like to go after we do some flying? I have no preference.
She looked around a minute, "How about the waterfall? Its always kinda quiet and calming." and it wasn't filled with people. After Lumis's confirmation, she followed the bat girl, off the edge with her wings fully outstretched, flapping them a couple times to take flight and get some good altitude. Her take-off wasn't nearly as smooth as Lumis's, but she dove headfirst into the strong breeze coming from the sea, the warm air catching her wings and setting her up to get higher up, and up she went with the updraft, she still had to muscle her way to the air, but it was easier than it had been while ago. She meanouvered around before either leading the way or following Lumis to their destination. It was easier that way.
The Dogs of War (Charries)
The Facets of my Personality lie within, abandon all hope, ye who enter here!