Baggage

Smalltown
A+ Student
Smalltown
A+ Student

November 18th, 2013, 2:03 am #1

Such a strange thing, how a simple box could hold so many things.

Not just the things you would want packed away, but all the emotions and memories tied with them. The regrets, the mistakes, the reminders of times come and gone. For Ken, this box held regrets, the fear and mistakes of the last few months. Every step he took holding this damn thing made him remember what he had done, the pain he had caused to Roma and Zoe, the burden he placed upon Violett, the fear from Zoe's addicting touch.

So many regrets in this cardboard box, what he would have given to take it all back. To have done something different, better for all.

Who was he kidding though? Lately, all of these stupid choices, all the hurt he caused, who was he, thinking he was a good guy anymore? He had gotten caught up in all this fear, the rash temper, the poor choices. Ken had fallen, far re-deemed from the better man he used to be. A sign of growing up? Impact from the events around them?

Whatever it was, he didn't like it.

Here he was thought, carrying a box of Zoe's things, standing in front of her door. The last of her things from his room, from what was left from their relationship. What he would have given to take back that night he cast her away, out of fear, out of anger. But this was life, you didn't get to undo things simply because you wished them to be.

How could you go back to a girl you accused of turning you into a dope fiend, simply from her touch? He couldn't even think of the words to say to her now, let alone for something like that.

With a slow reach, the leather glove clad hand became a fist, and with a careful knock, pounded against the door. Small steps for now Ken, right now, you needed to give her back the last of her things.

Whatever came next, would come as it would.

Aithne
Honor Student
Aithne
Honor Student

November 20th, 2013, 12:49 am #2

Her purple eyes lingered on the pages of her math book. Zoe was in her pajamas, a pair of yoga pants with a tank top. A soft cardigan over top her shoulders. Her hair done in a lose braid going over one shoulder. Zoe didn't have on any make up...which was crazy, considering her obsession with appearances. Well, she's had a mild change of heart since her change of skin color. Since throwing on a top of make up was the only way around the purple tinted skin, Zoe had started going around the dorms without anything on. The other girls didn't even bat an eye. The only negative reaction to her skin tone was from people she knew, and negative as in pity. Regardless, the experience left Zoe feeling more comfortable, comfortable enough to wander the dorms all natural. Just in the dorms though. Still, a big step for the girl.

She heard a knock. Sighing, she want to the door, looking through the small peephole.

"You gotta be kidding me..." She murmured to herself in Russian. A multitude of emotions rushed through her. Longing. Regret. Guilt. RAGE. Yea, rage was the most prominent.

Her manicured fingers worked the door and she opened it. Propping herself against the door frame, she crossed her arms beneath her bust.

"What...?"

Smalltown
A+ Student
Smalltown
A+ Student

November 28th, 2013, 12:54 am #3

There she was, wearing no makeup, who would have thought? If the situation hadn't been so tense, Ken likely would have made a joke, said something with a smile to try and spread some cheer and joy to Zoe. This however, was not one of those moments. No, this would be something entirely else.

His leather clad hands gripped slightly at the box, his arms raising slightly as a gesture, short and right to the point, as he said "Came to drop the rest of your things off, figured you would prefer to have them." Simple, and yet it hurt somewhat, to be reminded of their relationship falling apart, to speak to someone he cared so much about so dispassionately.

Throw another rock into the growing pile, Ken. Things were never going to be clean and simple, not after what you pulled.

With a slight nod of his head, he continued “Mind if I come in? Figure I can set it all down for you, that way you won’t have to worry about your nails or something.” How would he explain what he had done, hell, would he ever? He wanted to apologize, to come clean about the things he had done, but all he knew was the pain it would cause her.

After everything he had done so far, how could he go and add to it now?

Aithne
Honor Student
Aithne
Honor Student

November 29th, 2013, 6:11 pm #4

Her possessions sat in the box he presented. He could have easily had one of his little garage minions bring her her things. But no. He was standing there, looking pitiful in her doorway. He wanted to see her. Despite the rage in her mind, her heart ached. It was betrayed and yet yearned for his love. Her eyes narrowed against the empty, throbbing feeling in her chest. It would get no where, she'd squash it down, hammer it into the ground with her heel. There'd be no revisited feelings for Ken. He was scum.

"Put it over there..." She finally said. She spoke in English, not Russian. That'd feel to intimate. He had learned her language to make her feel more comfortable, but it had turned into their own little language when no one else spoke it. No, he'd get English, not sweet-Russian-nothings.

He wandered in past her. She kept the door open, but rotated her body so she was more inside, staring at him. Her arms still crossed, the wall constructed around her. Once inside, he'd see that various objects were on the bed. There were also boxes. Was she moving? No. She was putting several pieces of her designer wardrobe on eBay. A gold diggers not going to work. She didn't feel like finding any one else either. Not right now at least. No, she came to the realization with her change that appearances could and probably would change, and being supported by a man only attracted to such things wasn't going to get her anything.

Once he dropped her stuff, she told him. "You can leave now."

Smalltown
A+ Student
Smalltown
A+ Student

November 30th, 2013, 5:07 pm #5

You could pratically feel the cold chill in the air, the strained feeling between the two of them. Zoe's English was sharp, blunt, and right to the point, she didn't want him staying around, and who could blame her? After all, he did freak out and accuse her of turning him into some kind of junkie to her touch.

All these boxes and everything, was she trying to rid herself of the memories? Did she already move on and find someone else to take his place, someone better even? There were plenty of questions he wanted to ask, but he couldn't. As much as Ken wanted to know, he couldn't, it wasn't his place to ask, and even if he did, what good would it do to know?

As Ken walked towards the door to leave, he couldn't help but look back to her, brown eyes meeting her purple, stopping just short of leaving her once again. "Zoe, I...." he mumured, trying to find the words to say, without hurting her any further. "I made alot of stupid mistakes. Fault's mine and mine alone, I just....I want you to know, I'm sorry."

What he would give to take all those mistakes back. Regret, there was plenty of it right now. Maybe someday, he'd be able to make it right by them, maybe.

Aithne
Honor Student
Aithne
Honor Student

November 30th, 2013, 5:14 pm #6

"I made alot of stupid mistakes. Fault's mine and mine alone, I just....I want you to know, I'm sorry."

She had bent down to look through her things when he said that. The girl had hoped he would just drop off her things and leave like she asked. Of course not. Not with Ken. He always had to get the last word didn't he?

She dropped the necklace she had been inspecting. Standing up, her arms crossed again, instinctively. Like her armor, guarding herself against him.

"For what?"

She asked coldly.

"What mistakes are you talking about...?"

She wanted to hear them from his mouth, wanted him to tell her what he had done wrong. As far as he knew, Zoe didn't know he banged Roma. Oh, but she did. She knew all the details, everything.

He was acting like a kicked puppy. He was the one in the wrong and he was acting like she had torn out his heart. Reality check. He had it coming. All these bad feelings, he had it coming from the start.

Smalltown
A+ Student
Smalltown
A+ Student

November 30th, 2013, 7:09 pm #7

wrote:"What mistakes are you talking about...?"
There was the million dollar question. What mistakes was he talking about? What grenade did he feel like tossing her way, to make things even worse between the two of them?

She had a right to know, to have him own up to the mistakes. His hand rubbed slowly at the back of his head, mind contemplating a way to explain the mistakes he had made, and in someway to not hurt her in the process. Which was not going to happen, at all.

"I...I treated you like some kind of monster, like what you were doing was your fault." He confessed, his eyes staying firmly locked with her own. "I got scared, you know....Always been so strong, throwing around cars and punching through stuff so easily, felt like I was invincible. The idea of your touch doing all that.....It scared the hell out of me."

But there was more, he knew that down to his core. He had to admit what had happened with Roma, but how? He didn't want to hurt Zoe any further, to destroy what was left of the family they had all made together. He didn't want them hating each other, not because of his mistake.

Slowly, the words choked out of him "I, I uh....I fucked up, Zoe....I made a mistake I shouldn't have...I didn't mean to, but the blames all mine, no one else....I..."

He tried to go on, but the last words were lost. He wanted to tell her, but he couldn't. As much as Ken wanted to spill out the truth, the idea of hurting her even more pierced right to his core.

Aithne
Honor Student
Aithne
Honor Student

November 30th, 2013, 7:29 pm #8

"I, I uh....I fucked up, Zoe....I made a mistake I shouldn't have...I didn't mean to, but the blames all mine, no one else....I..."

The door to her dorm was still open. Everyone would hear the crack of her hand against his face. Yup, she marched right over to him and slapped him across the mouth.

"YES, YOU FUCKED UP!" She shouted at him, pointing a manicured finger up at him, while the other hand was a fist at her side.

"You treated me like some sort of freak, just to get out of our relationship! All the while, you play Roma the whole FUCKING TIME! Both of us weren't good enough huh!? Neither of us deserved the blame put on us, it was all you! You couldn't keep your dick in your fucking pants! Always gotta be the masculine fucking American alpha male, sow your manly seed!" She waved her hands around wildly to articulate her point. "Now, you play the wounded animal card so your precious fucking fanclub will take pity! Some other poor sap bitch will be all up in your pants in no time! BUT I KNOW ITS ALL FAKE!!!" She had been shouting at him.

People were gathering in the hall way.

"I might sleep around for money, BUT AT LEAST I'M HONEST ABOUT IT!" She picked up a book that was sitting on her bed and threw it at him. "Get out! Don't bother me again!"

Smalltown
A+ Student
Smalltown
A+ Student

November 30th, 2013, 11:19 pm #9

It wasn't the slap that hurt him the most, or the book that she threw at him, it was the pain he saw. The pain and anger that he caused to her, to hear her curse him out, and order him away. What he feared most was happening right before his eyes, and he knew it was all his fault.

Ken turned towards the door, a few steps to go, but then, he shut it. Cutting off the onlookers from seeing any more, he turned back, quickly closing the distance between the two quarling teens. A leather clad hand quickly grasped her arm, careful enough to not hurt her.

"Posmotri na menya , chert voz'mi!"

Sharp Russian this time, replacing the native English he knew so well. His grip held firm as he awaited Zoe to look at him, before he spoke back in his native tongue "I'm not playing any god damn card, I screwed up with Roma, and I sure as hell wasn't looking to get out of anything with you!"

He could feel the beast stir slightly within, the warm sensation of anger begin to surge, before he surpressed it away. He had to focus, he couldn't loose control, not around her.

"For christ sakes Zoe, I left because your touch turned me into some kind of damn addict!" He continued, his voice raising, as his hand released her. "I don't want anyone's damn pity, no other girls, none of that shit! Hell all I'd want is for us to be back together, but I can't do that when a mere touches from you will turn me into some kind of god damn junkie!"

Funny how quickly this moment turned so angry and pained so quickly, all he came to do was drop off a box.

Aithne
Honor Student
Aithne
Honor Student

December 1st, 2013, 12:16 am #10

He slammed the door, turning to her. A tight grasp of her arm, getting in her face. Telling her he fucked up with Roma. Telling her that again, it was her fault that they broke up.

"Because of this!?" Instead of slapping him, she reached up and grasped his face between her hands. She wouldn't let go unless he forced her off him. The delicious energy flowed into her hands, giving him the chemical pheromones he was so paranoid about. She was almost happy about his fear of her powers, as he had always thrown his around, showing how big and strong he was to intimidate people around him.

"You're a fucking LIAR! Even when things were good, when things were great, you were pulling Roma along for the ride! She told me EVERYTHING! YOU PIG!" Her fingertips craned, digging in. Her purple eyes were glowing faintly with the rage and the magic happening all at once.

"If you really ever loved me, you would have come clean a long time ago! Especially the pregnancy scare!!! I never once lied to you! Once you wanted to be exclusive, that was it for me...I DIDN'T BANG MY 'FRIENDS' ON OUR FUCKING COUCH!!!!" That's when the tears finally began.