Around The World In A Backpacking Tour!

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

May 2nd, 2016, 9:53 am #1

OOC: This is a longstanding trip for Darrel Reggick and Kendra Truing to basically see the world and have antics in it. I don't know 100% of what's gonna happen in it, so there may be some leeway on people poking their heads in at certain times, depending on if they have reason to be in the area where things are happening. Anyone with ideas on what could happen should PM either Chibi or myself before attempting anything. We gotta have synergy on this. Otherwise, just sit back and watch the story unfold...

IC>>>>>

(Flights in general have a certain pattern to them. Everything is tense at the beginning, people having trouble in the boarding due to having trouble finding the gateway or their seat or 'Can I fit this in the overhead?'...and of course the taxi, the wait, and the take-off carries its own feelings of tension. Then, in the middle, it's calmer and generally more pleasant, with only some sporatic difficulties with passengers, and then nothing...until the landing, the waiting, the exiting, the 'I can't find my carry-on!', and of course the clean-up. A Stewardess' life in a nutshell, right there, but this time there was a different sort of feeling. It all started with the arrival of that young couple. Funny feeling, right there. Young man, built like an Olympic something-or-other, platinum-blonde hair, blue eyes...wearing a t-shirt reading "BOSTON PROUD" and a Red Sox cap to complement his jeans and...well...that watch. We'll get back to that. That's where it all started, but first the girl... She had a smaller frame than him, but there was...presence about her. The blonde girl didn't seem too out of place. It was just that she had something... It was the eyes. You don't have time to look into these things very often, but that was the case: They were a shade of violet, and it seemed far too organic to be special contact lenses. Well, you can't fault people for having strange eyes, OR strange watches...that talk.)

"I believe you'll find your seats straight along and to the left, Master Darrel."

(Before she could even give her usual directions, the detached voice of a classy englishman directed the two like it was a talking GPS device. It might've been that. Things might've been alright if they had stayed as that, but the couple in lefthand side of Row 32 had been...well, an oddity, maybe a spectacle. This was a direct flight from Japan to Massachussetts, and therefore long. The two of them amused themselves with the contents of their carry-ons, but they also seemed to...to be watching movies projected holographically from that watch, headphones connected directly to it, even ignoring the in-flight entertainment if they did not wish it. The truly strange thing was when-)

"I beg your pardon, madam, but we could use a couple of pillows, if you please."

(Imagine walking down the aisle and finding a british gentleman, possibly a butler, standing in your path and eloquently requesting your assistance. What can you do? He's so polite, but he's also apparently a hologram himself! At first, they thought he was a real person not suppose to be on the plane, but when someone walked through him and he simply asked the person "Please don't do that.", that changed things. So, you have a technological marvel running on the flight. So what? So, how do you ignore that? How do you deal with that? Ignore it? Hardly. The male steward asked about it, and the young man simply explained that 'Walter' told him how for his own convenience. After a while, it became acceptable, but weird. Fortunately, when they left, they would take it with them, and the plane was coming in for a landing now...)
(Darrel and Kendra were on something...a bit more involved than a vacation. Vacation is just where you relax and have fun and do nothing but personal fulfillment. Well, in a way this was still that, but it was more of a journey. Their lives had been, due to necessity, been stunted in terms of certain levels of enjoyment. Too much stuff happening too quickly, and so they were taking on the world in a manner of their own choosing: A Backpacking Tour of as much and as far as they can or want to go. Their goal: To see and experience as much as they can, to live a kind of life that...actually, a couple of their friends enjoy. You see, before all of this, they'd met a guy whose hobby was traveling. He was this trenchcoated and fedora'd Japanese boy, Hakuro Kuroda, who - because his life up until then had been on one island - decided to branch out as much as possible, and took his girlfriend with him. This was similar in Darrel and Kendra's way, though before they were officially getting started...Darrel had to go home. Boston, Massachussetts, home of history and a Big Dig that didn't amount to anything. Red Sox, Clam Chowder, and Fallout 4. This was home, or would be once they got out of this airport.)

Darrel: Gotta get our stuff before we're in any public area for mom to get us. Security and all that.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

May 2nd, 2016, 12:51 pm #2

The trip was long but Kendra didn't mind. They entertained theirselves with watching movies on his his watch and generally whatever had been packed. If the movie wasn't on, she could be found sleeping, reading a fantasy novel or talking to Darrel. The flight didn't bother her. Nor did the looks she recieved.

It wasn't her so much as her violet eyes. They had changed upon coming back from the underworld. It matched her twin's to a certain extent. Kendra thought they were pretty. Other then her eyes, she looked normal. She wore a red tank under her black jacket and black jeans. Her normal black boots were replaced with black sneakers. Because who wants to traverse the world in heels?

"Makes sense. I hope it's easy to find."

Kendra watched the conveyer belt in the luggahe pick up. She had a simple black bag. Thankfully her guitar was in Pixy. It was safer there then on the plane. After retrieving their bags, it was time to meet his mom.

"Where too?"

She could navigate the airport in Tokyo but this one had her confused and she was relying on Darrel to get them out of the mad mess. She wasn't a big fan of the crowds. The people around who's gotten a glimpse of the top of the scar on her chest inquired about it instead of minding her own business. There was no way she was telling them what really happened so a simple heart surgery seemed to suffice.
Last edited by Chibi on May 2nd, 2016, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Children

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

May 2nd, 2016, 6:46 pm #3

"Makes sense. I hope it's easy to find."

Darrel: It's easy, just follow the arrows.

(Well, follow the signs, at any rate. There were a number of them overhead that said "Baggage Claim" with gate numbers attached and arrows pointing to 'em. Darrel picked up his own bag - similar to Kendra's, actually, but with a pair of red eyes drawn on 'em - and checked the time. You may notice that there was not a conspicuous-looking long diggery-do case coming out or anything. This is because he left his Di-Glaive back in Japan. That much? Yeah, it would be too conspicuous, for the most part. Not so much for the trip if he BS'd it like the trip TO Japan, but for the entire journey? Hell no! So now, they had their stuff...)

"Where to?"

Darrel: Well now...I see if we have a ride.

(Pulling out his cellphone, he dialed 'Home'. Home was setup to take calls and reroute to a cellphone automatically. Said cellphone was in the possession of a woman, tall with brown hair to her neck, professionally styled. She wore a navy-blue business jacket over a white shirt and matching skirt, nice formal shoes without high heels, and a practiced smile. Annalyn Brooks had married a man of mystery, becoming Annalyn Reggick, but she retained her own life and independence, because 'We can't all be changing the world, large-scale. Some of us have to put food on the table.'. Of course, Anthony did get money, just fine. He had contracts...well, at least until he died. Then, her son had taken on he family business...or so it seemed, since apparently he killed them all, or at least that's what Julia said. Now, she waited for the call, and was not disappointed. On his end, Darrel heard her pick up and...for a moment, she sounded like she couldn't believe it was him.)

Darrel: It's me, it's me. We're about to leave the passenger-only section. Where are you?

Annalyn: I'm outside, in the parking lot. Well, one of them. I think the main entrance is nearest to me.

Darrel: Main entrance? I think we can manage that.

Annalyn: Do you have much with you? You didn't bring that weapon of your father's, did you?

Darrel: No, I think it's safer back there. Walter's looking after it.

(There was a pause, then...)

Annalyn: ...you said Walter was a hologram, a computer program. How does 'he' look after anything?

"With care, madam. It's the least I could do, all things considered."

(That shocked her enough to stare at the phone and make sure it wasn't on conference. It wasn't. The butler had merely tapped the frequency.)

Annalyn: Please tell him never to do that again.

Darrel: Sorry. We'll be out of there soon, mom. I'll call again when we're there.

(He looked around now, and saw that needed to get on a people-mover - metal conveyor for passengers - for a bit. It was refreshing, seeing things in english for once, although he had been given a language package while in Japan that somehow made speaking Japanese easy.)

Darrel: We gotta get on a little subway after this. It gets people across the airport faster, really gets things going.
Last edited by Lord Massacre on May 6th, 2016, 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

May 2nd, 2016, 10:52 pm #4

She vaguely paid attention to him speaking to his mom. Mainly it was so once he does, she could refocus her attention on where they were headed instead of the people around her. Everything was completely different then what she was use to.

The metal conveyor belt was nice. One didn't have to get worn out by sprinting across the airport with the help of these. But it was nice to stretch after the long flight. It was definitely a different place then Orlando but she felt relieved that everything was in English.

"The airport has a subway in it?"

Was it really that big? She didn't think Orlando did but then she hadn't been there in a few years. They could have updated and gotten one. Kendra followed Darrel and the signs. It was busy but she managed not to get swept away in the crowd.

My Children

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

May 2nd, 2016, 11:27 pm #5

"The airport has a subway in it?"

Darrel: Well, not a real subway, like you go underground, but a system like one to get people to and from the terminals.

(Big airports had to think in big ways. You get a major place like this and you need to get people moving. An airport's life and breath is moving people to where they want to go, and this one's an international, for certain. The more efficiently you get them from Point A to Point B, the more successful business you do and the better your returns from future customers. Sadly, security had always made it hell, and that was frankly the fault of people whom frankly Darrel wished the Umbra had done something about, but somehow...he got the feeling they let it go so people in America wouldn't feel too full of themselves. Didn't work, of course, as they'd just gone ape-shit instead. Go figure. Darrel chilled out for a moment by getting up on and lying ON the conveyer's moving handrails. These things were essentially horizontal escalators, so it kind of worked out. They passed by gates and snack ships different kinds. Something you could probably find in all airports along these ways: Starbucks, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, and probably Subway's. He got off the rails and led her to the airport transit, just a short-lived straight line from terminal to central area. It was a quick jaunt, mere seconds from start to finish, and they were out again and heading for the main entrance itself. Darrel turned to Kendra now.)

Darrel: Really, we could've hot-foot it even if we didn't want a taxi. Boston is right next door. Well...right next door to the massive parking lot, but otherwise...it's there.
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

May 2nd, 2016, 11:49 pm #6

"That sounds rather useful."

Kendra didn't feel like she was sheltered but in a way she was. Which was why she wanted to go out and see things. It hadn't been possible with the wah she life before AHS and even after she lived in Japan. America was different from there.

"It's really that close? Doesn't it all get congested? "

She followed him as they headed to the main entrance. It has less people but maybe because some where going to other terminals or went to a different place. Either way once they were outside, she could see a bit more of their surroundings.

My Children

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

May 3rd, 2016, 12:34 am #7

"It's really that close? Doesn't it all get congested?"

Darrel: Not entirely. There's highway and such, and what it borders is the East Side, not the heart of Boston. The east side is where I lived.

(Outside, it was an immense parking lot, as stated. People were coming and going with regular frequency, vans dropping off or picking up people from the white zone. Further on, past all of this, you could actually see Boston in its early afternoon light. The weather was mostly clear and the sun was shining. It was after a few minutes of taking in the scenery that Darrel received a call on his cellphone, and a new poke on his senses. People were always looking at and looking off of him, of course. He was a platinum-blonde of some decent appearance. This one was firmly on him, and from a distance. The call, of course, was his mother. She said two words which made Darrel laugh, then he hung up.)

Darrel: She said 'Start walking'. I guess it's too crowded here. I know the way.

(He must've. Mutual Awareness doesn't lie. It occasionally agitates him from too many people watching him, but never did it lie. He was, in fact, heading towards a woman who had a pair of binoculars That would be her, alright, being one who knows that simply watching him could draw his attention.)
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

May 3rd, 2016, 12:51 am #8

"I see."

She was about to see how big Boston was once they got in the car and began moving. He made a quick call that left her smiling when she heard him laugh and then explain why.

"Lead on," she said with a chuckle.

Kendra followed along as they headed in the direction of his mom. For someone who was about to meet her boyfriend's mom, she was rather calm. But then she never did let too many things rattle her.

My Children

Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant
Lord Massacre
Teachers Assistant

May 3rd, 2016, 4:10 am #9

"Lead on,"

(And it's at this point that you want some sort of song to hum as you go, because the parking lot is LONG and Annalyn was not nearby. People who actually have a need to go up into the planes park nearby. People who are expecting people with lots of luggage are nearby. She was expecting two young people, low baggage. There wasn't a need to hunt for a closer space. Besides, they'd been sitting the past X-number of hours. A bit of walking is good for the circulation. She put down the binoculars once they were close enough to actually see her. Kendra would see...largely where Julia's appearance came from. Upon getting within striking distance, Darrel's mother unleashed her attack by hugging him tightly.)

Annalyn: Do you know how worried I was? I could live with Anthony's order, but when you started saying they might not be okay, and your school collapsed and metas became openly attacked... What was I to think? You say it's fine, but my only son is in the worst possible danger all the time!

(This was all alot to take in for Darrel, but it was all very heartwarming for him as well.)

Darrel: I love you too, mom. And I'm sorry... It's over now. Everything's been taken care of.

(Apart from a couple of things...but one he didn't know about and the other was Vex, so...ehhh. She looked Darrel in the eyes now.)

Annalyn: Julia said you killed them... How?

Darrel: With alot of help. It's a long story, and you deserve to hear everything, but first...

(He turned to face the other member of our fateful party...)

Darrel: This is Kendra Truing. I believe Julia may have mentioned her too.

Annalyn: Quite a bit. Welcome to Boston. You ever been stateside at all?
Didn't you know?

I'm Batman...

Chibi
Teachers Assistant
Chibi
Teachers Assistant

May 3rd, 2016, 6:01 am #10

Kendra had no problem with walking and stretching her legs. However she chuckled softly as Annalyn attacked as soon as they were close enough. She set her bag down as they spoke. It was nice watching them.

But then Darrel introduced her. She smiled and nodded, unsure what to do. But she had a tongue and spoke when spoken to.

"Hey. Thank you. I was born down in Orlando, Florida," she said, her voice soft and polite. "But this is the first time I've really been back since I was sent away for school."

Kendra didn't mention the time Kiyo and her came back but it was because they needed the doorway in the woods. It really didn't count because she didn't see or do anything then.

"Pleasure to meet you."

She really didn't know what else to say so she hooked her thumbs in her back pockets. She had to wonder what Julia has said about her. Hopefully all good things.
Last edited by Chibi on May 3rd, 2016, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Children