After the raid

mutsumi
Student
mutsumi
Student

December 25th, 2014, 3:35 am #1

After the raid, Mutsumi was finished with Catch she wanted nothing to do with him. Even after she had gotten her memories back, Catch's actions disgusted her to the bone. She was greatful for being saved however but she'd grown tiresome of Catch. The others that were saved, were reunited with their friends. Those like mutsumi, we're changed by the incident. However school seemed to go on like usual. She walked down the hallway towards her next class which turned out to be history. Now the last time she had this class was with Phoenix. She had hoped to see the girl in class today. Mutsumi had not heard from her friend in a while. Kana had heard that she had gotten wrapped up in the raid mess too. She just wanted to catch up with her old friend in class to get better clarification as to what happened with her.

She walked into class that day donning her school uniform. As she walked into the classroom, it seemed like she was the first person to arrive. Taking the seat in the middle of the classroom she waited her teacher, And if the luck favored her, Phoenix. Immediately she got out her pink notebook and a pen, Then began typing on the the desk in the rhythm to a song. As she did this students slowly started filling into the classroom. Mutsumi anxiously watched the doorway to see if anybody she recognized would walk them.
[+] Spoiler
Mutsumi Kanazaki Nickname (Kana) Burning red head
[+] Spoiler
Rin Tyler Moore The Magical Girl/Boy

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

December 25th, 2014, 10:02 pm #2

History class...well, okay. Phoenix didn't hate it, she just didn't love it. The last time she had a history class it was with Cambell, and nothing could ever hold a candle to that. Ever since she had history literally come alive for her, drudging through textbooks and listening to teachers drone on was way too dull.

Phoenix stopped just outside the door. It was so...surreal. After being kidnapped, imprisoned, interrogated, threatened, and nearly blown up...things were just slowly returning to normal. Or, at least, something close to it. Normal enough to where she could worry about little things like classes being boring or interesting. So many students had been lost...Phoenix had seen rows and rows of them. She had grabbed as many as she could...but there were so many that she couldn't save. With each crucial second she had told herself that she could grab maybe just one more...and though her choices were random, she felt a heavy ton guilt for the others that didn't end up being that just one more. She imagined Willow, her dear cousin, lying there among the several other students in need. Nothing set her apart from anyone else except that she meant something to Phoenix and Cal. If they hadn't been there, she might not have been one of the students that were grabbed at the last minute. It was a scary thought, but it put things in perspective. Because each and every one of those students had to mean something to someone. And the ones that they had to leave behind? They died because their someones weren't there to chose them especially.

Phoenix was glad for the kids that she was able to pile on to Rain at the last second, but it broke her heart that so many others died just because they weren't one of the random ones grabbed. And the worst part? Even the few they teleported back was too many. The teleporter thing was only meant for two people, and under the weight of so many it had malfunctioned. Pieces of the students had been left behind. Cal lost limbs. Rain lost feathers. One student died because he lost his lungs. Another arrived dead with half of his head missing.

Phoenix had lost most of her hair and her right foot just above her ankle, but she counted herself lucky. The extent of Willow was in a coma still, and there was no telling when...or if, she would wake up. Machines breathed for her. Tubes ate for her. Clicks and beeps and digital codes kept her alive...if alive was the right word for it. Phoenix's healing tears could only do so much, and the fact that they couldn't wake her cousin from that idle slumber made her feel useless and helpless.

Phoenix sighed and stepped into the room. She walked with a limp now, as the prosthetic was still going to take some getting used to. She wore the winter version of her uniform, the one with long sleeves and pants rather than a skirt. She wanted the prosthetic covered and hidden, still being quite a bit self-conscious about it. She wore a dark blue knit hat over her head. Her hair was only just starting to grow back, and it was barely an inch long. Rain sat perched on her shoulder, head tucked under a sparsely feathered wing. Her talons hung on to the shoulder of her master tightly, as if even in her sleep she feared falling off and not being able to catch herself in flight. The bird's feathers were growing back quite quickly, but she was still covered in pink bald patches and the new feathers were soft and small, inappropriate for flight.

Phoenix kept her eyes on the ground. She and the other escapees didn't get teased for the banged up appearances during their recoveries. On the contrary, they were respected and regarded with the utmost sympathy. Everyone in the meta community wanted to support the kidnapped children. She wasn't afraid of being laughed at for her pitiful appearance. She just...she hated looking so pitiful. She was shy and embarrassed. She felt as though there was a bright sign on her chest reading: LOOK AT WHAT THE HUMANS DID.

When she finally did glance up, the first thing she saw was Mutsumi. A little bit of relief washed over her. Mutsumi...thank God. Phoenix was so glad to see the redhead there. Of all the people that could have been there...it was Kana, one of her best friends. She heard that she had gotten mixed up in the chaos, but hadn't been able to get a hold of her since. Phoenix was so happy to see that she was okay. Of course, she had been assured that Kana was alive, but she had still worried.

"Oh, Kana." Phoenix said softly as she took a seat beside her and smiled. "It's so good to see you."
"My brain makes the best decisions for everyone except me."

~ The Dude

mutsumi
Student
mutsumi
Student

December 25th, 2014, 11:45 pm #3

As Mutsumi looked away from the doorway for only a bit. She began lost in her thoughts. She really thought she had seen her father. Her heart beat uncontrollably as the fake memories swirled about with her real ones. She wanted that dream to be her reality so much. A tear fell from her eye but a familiar voice broke her from her trance.

"Oh, Kana."

Mutsumi looked up and as her eye's focused upon the disheveled Phoenix and Rain. She couldn't believe her eyes, as the light settled around her.

"It's so good to see you."

"Phoenix!" Mutsumi hugged the girl tight. "Oh Phoenix I'm so happy to see you!" She said hugging the girl tightly. She released her with her hands still at her sides. She examined them quickly. Phoenix and Rain looked as if they'd been through a hurricane. Well Mutsumi couldn't really speak. Her limbs and legs were covered with bandages. She'd pet Rain a bit and smile at them softly. "I missed you so much. What happened to you? I was so worried after my memories returned."
Last edited by mutsumi on December 26th, 2014, 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

January 7th, 2015, 4:06 am #4

Phoenix trembled in Kana's arms. She felt like crying. So many terrifying things had happened, she didn't even know where to start.

"Um...well the group that rescued me had a teleporter that was only meant for two people. We gathered as many people as we could and...well, not everyone got back in one piece. It was too hard on the transmitter and some parts of everyone got left behind."

Rain chirped very softly at Kana's touch. She buried her head under her wing even further. She loved the attention, but she just wanted to stay asleep and forget all the terrible things she'd seen her master go through.

"It was awful, Kana. I'm just so glad to see that you're okay. So many people didn't make it..." Phoenix shook her head. The very thought was heartbreaking. But Kana was here. Kana was here and Kana was alive. Phoenix just wanted to hug her, cry to her, talk about things that they did before all this craziness erupted. She remembered the time she accidentally shot her with an arrow, and when they fought the hydra together. Back before the bombing, back before everything. When life was simple and it was the stupidest things that mattered. "God, I don't even want to deal with class today. Can we just go somewhere? Please?"

~ The Dude

mutsumi
Student
mutsumi
Student

January 11th, 2015, 12:48 pm #5

"Don't worry it's all over now." However Mutsumi knew this was not true. They attacked the school not only once, but twice. What was to stop them from attacking again. Just because their personel had been reduced, didn't mean that this thing was even close to over. They tested, attacked, and killed students all because of their powers. The world she knew was determined to collapse upon itself. Did this mean that theses kids were denying fate?. Regardless of the matter Mutsumi was angry for all the deaths that had been caused on both sides. She'd play the devil's advocate till the end.

"Hm...I guess we could ditch Campbell's class." Mutsumi said standing standing up. "To be honest, I didn't want to come here either. Come on let's hurry to the Cafeteria before Ms. Campbell comes." She gathered her things waited at the doorway. Mutsumi was happy to skip class in order to hang out with her best friend. She needed to forget about the dead faces she saw, The mangled bodies of the scientests, and worst of all, the burned corpses. Well to be honest that wasn't even her fault. They attacked her, and she left the innocent alive to escape on his own. However she had broken her own rule in the midst of her rage and confusion and killed people. Sh-she burned them alive. She began to shiver as their faces burned further into her mind. At this rate she'd go crazy but it was as if her father's spirit kept her from going completely insane.

She gripped her fathers dogtags tightly and read the flipped them over. On one side was a small picture of her when she was young, and her father. He was lifting her up into the air while in uniform on the deck of that aircraft carrier. Memories of that day began flooding back into her mind. There she was, being tossed about in the air when the Captain came to collect Mutsumi so her father could finish his duties for the day. She was so young, playing pretend, giving ridiculous orders to off duty men, like treating her to Ramen, or giving her vanilla Ice Cream, even groveling at her feet. A feeling of Nostalgia swept over her. Looking back at the happier times helped her through hell.

Looking up she smiled to Phoenix and pointed a thumb to the door. "You coming?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

January 12th, 2015, 1:03 am #6

Kana wrote:"You coming?"
Phoenix wrapped her arms around Kana's arm. "Right behind you." It felt so nice to be near a friend. It helped her to stop thinking about all the awful things that had happened. Phoenix had killed someone too. A man who she thought would have shot her if she didn't. That wasn't the first, though. She had killed and maimed several scientists in the facility where Willow was kept the first time they rescued her. The idea that she had taken lives so easily...it was eerie and made her feel like she was sinking into herself. She couldn't feel guilty, because they had deserved to die. But she was still the one who actually killed them.

"Where should we go?" Phoenix asked. It probably wasn't wise to leave the island, but they might get in trouble if they got caught by another teacher.

~ The Dude

mutsumi
Student
mutsumi
Student

January 13th, 2015, 3:23 am #7

On second thought maybe the Caftetria may not have been a good idea. If a teacher were to catch them cutting class, it could turn out pretty bad. There was always the Red stars club which no teacher knew about, but speaking of such a club with many people around would be too risky, maybe they could go off the island to a place where not too many people from school were at this time. Suddenly an devious looking smile crossed her lips. "Oh I don't think a class is gonna cut. Phoenix since it's a friday I suggest we do something starting now going onto Sunday or Monday. Pack some extra clothes girl, cuz we're going to the Hot Springs!" She said smiling "And I won't take no for an answer." She grabbed Phoenix's hand and dragged her to the dorms.

She grabbed her phone with the other and flipped it open.

"Hello, Grandma. I'll be visiting the springs today with a couple friends. Sorry I know it's sudden b-but...Grandmaaaaaa....please......thanks grandma I love you... give grandpa my best."

With that she closed her cell phone. "Alright everythings all set. Call Violet and tell her that she can bring whoever she wants right now and meet us at the train station with a couple clothes. We're going to have a grand old time. Don't worry about payment it's my families Hot Spring so we're better off going there for free." She let go of her friends hand. "I'll meet you at the train station in say 3 hours, you better be ready by then!" She said smiling before rushing to her dorm room. She began packing her things for the 3 day stay at the hot springs. Mutsumi Knew she rushed into it too fast without giving anyone time to think but with what they went through, 3 -days of relaxation wouldn't hurt in the least. With that said she prepared her bag and rushed to the traistation as fast as she could to wait for her friends.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

January 13th, 2015, 11:18 am #8

Kana wrote:"Oh I don't think a class is gonna cut. Phoenix since it's a friday I suggest we do something starting now going onto Sunday or Monday. Pack some extra clothes girl, cuz we're going to the Hot Springs!"
"Th...the hot springs?" Phoenix blinked at Kana. She hadn't really been expecting that. She could really, really use it but...was it really the best idea to leave? She still had to worry about Willow. What if Willow woke up over the weekend while she was gone? Sadly...Phoenix doubted that would really be an issue. Oh, how she would LOVE for that to be an issue! Maybe if she did go, the forces of irony would make it so that Willow did wake up.

...Ehn, maybe she should just sit out. After so much trauma it might be best not to go on some big tri--
Kana wrote:"And I won't take no for an answer."
"...Okay." Kana was a lot more stubborn than Phoenix was. Oh well, it wasn't like she wouldn't enjoy a well-deserved hot spring trip.
Kana wrote:"Alright everythings all set. Call Violet and tell her that she can bring whoever she wants right now and meet us at the train station with a couple clothes. We're going to have a grand old time. Don't worry about payment it's my families Hot Spring so we're better off going there for free. I'll meet you at the train station in say 3 hours, you better be ready by then!"
"Th-thank you, Kana..." Phoenix said, waving meekly as her friend hurried off. It all happened so quickly that she really didn't have the time to come up with a reaction. After Kana was gone she sighed and chuckled a little. It would be nice to relax with her friend for a few days. She packed quickly, leaving her roommate a note so she wouldn't worry.

--

"Violett couldn't make it," Phoenix said as she walked up to Kana and stood beside her. "She said Catch and his family really needs her around right now. Things are a little tough for them right now." Hell, things were tough for everyone. Certainly Kana could understand that. "She appreciates the invitation though. Thanks so much, Kana. We really do need this."
Last edited by Newlight on January 13th, 2015, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ The Dude

mutsumi
Student
mutsumi
Student

January 13th, 2015, 10:29 pm #9

As soon as she finished packing she made it to the train station and bought their tickets. She was so excited about having a mini vacation with her best friend. It was really her first time doing such a thing. She had also never seen her grandparents after her father had died. The last time she saw them she was in middle school so this was the first time she had seen them after her father's death. The Kanazaki Springs in Hiroshima wasn't going to be that much of a problem to get to.

At the 3 hour mark Phoenix showed up alone with an explanation as to why Violett couldn't come. "What a shame. Oh well I guess it can't be helped. I guess it'll be just the two of us then." She said with a smile. "When we get to Hiroshima my grandfather will be picking us up. Trust me you'll know him when you see him." She said smiling.

The train to Hiroshima pulled into the station and the announcer had asked for the people to board the train. "Oh it looks like thats our train. Let's go!" Mutsumi's excitement was beyond compare as she got onto the train with her friend Phoenix. "We should be there in a couple hours." Yes just a couple more hours and they'd be there.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Newlight
Honor Student
Newlight
Honor Student

January 14th, 2015, 4:04 am #10

Kana wrote:"What a shame. Oh well I guess it can't be helped. I guess it'll be just the two of us then. When we get to Hiroshima my grandfather will be picking us up. Trust me you'll know him when you see him."
Phoenix smiled at her friend and nodded. She was actually really starting to look forward to this. It would be nice to get away from the worries and the fears that surrounded her. Off at the hotsprings they would be secluded and wouldn't have to worry about humans tracking them down. It might turn out to be Phoenix's first good night's sleep since the terror of the raids.
Kana wrote: "Oh it looks like thats our train. Let's go! We should be there in a couple hours."
"Alright, that's not too long," Phoenix said softly, adjusting the hood of her sweatshirt. She wore the hood up so that Rain would be concealed while she rested on her master's shoulder. "I hope your grandparents don't mind Rain."

~ The Dude