Introduce your yourself!

Howdy!

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

04 Jun 2016, 05:27 #1

Hello everyone!

I bought into this game way back when it first came out. My friend and I played several games with it, but college and life got in the way, so we never got past, "Dr. Tofu is the absolute best card, because none of your characters can die when you have him." I know that together we had most of set 0, but I can't remember if we had gotten into set 1, by the time I moved away to college. I ended up leaving all of my cards (probably 2 starter decks and 2 booster boxes worth) with my friend, so I currently have none. :(

I currently have a family and friends game night every week, and we play Legendary, the DC-Comics Deck-building game, and other games all of the time. I also play Magic the Gathering often. I've been feeling nostalgic for this game, though, so I decided to try to find some cards for this "dead game", but it seems that it may not be that easy. :(

Anyway, if anyone has extra cards from any of the sets (preferably bulk lots) , then I am interested. I do have SNES games and Magic cards for trade as well as $.

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

07 Jun 2016, 17:22 #2

Hey Welcome to the Forums!!!

That is pretty awesome to have played it back then. I didn't get into the game until a little after it died in like 2000.

Yeah Tofu was pretty awesome haha. Wrath of the eye of god always had his number though lol.

It is not easy to find a bunch anymore but eBay does often have cards up. There was a time maybe a year or 2 ago where eBay had tons of lots going around. But on the other hand a few years before that there was like nothing so it kinda happens in phases.

There are people here who do have some extra stuff. Problem is people don't often check the forums to often (besides me and ani-mayhem.com).

I don't really have much bulk but I will keep an eye on stuff for you! I could always go for more SNES games!

Hope to see you more on here and always feel free to ask any questions or whatever.

- Dave

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

09 Jun 2016, 15:19 #3

Thanks for the welcome!

One thing I am looking for is an accurate, cleanly printable card list sorted by set 0, set 1, set 2, and promo cards not found in sets. If you (or anyone) can help me find such a thing, that would be awesome!

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

11 Jun 2016, 15:39 #4

No Problem,

I am not sure if www.ai-mayhem.com has one or not.

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

11 Jun 2016, 16:48 #5

Well yes, animayhem.com does have lists, and they'll work. I was looking for something more in the line of a clean, tight, printable checklist. I picked up 2 large lots, and now I'm sorting them out to see what I have and what I don't have. Afterwards, if it's feasible, I'll try to get complete sets, so that I can build something good for my playgroup.

Another question:

http://www.ani-mayhem.com/database/databas...al&series=&set=

That link shows all of the promotional cards. I don't understand the difference between the demo set promo cards and the set 0, 1, or 2 promo cards. Were some of them available in the booster packs/starter decks? Or were all of the promo cards stand-alone cards which could only be gotten outside of the game? Actually, that would be more useful information for the database. How was each card able to be gotten. (i.e. in booster packs only, in starter decks only, promo insert in Scrye magazine only, etc...)

Another thought: I play both the Marvel Legendary deck-building game and the DC Comics Deck-building game very regularly with my play group. Has anyone ever tried to make a rule set for this to make it as a deck-building game? It seems that it could possibly work well.

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

11 Jun 2016, 17:41 #6

I know some promo cards especially the DBZ ones came I think in a sound track or movie box? Im sure there were magazine ones as well. I don't know where the set 0 and set 1 cards came from though.

I am sure the site owner knows some. I think he has a picture up here if I am no mistaken that shows some of the soundtracks and other things the promo cards came in as well as some of the boxes he has.

Might I ask where you got your lots? I would love to get some extras. A lot of the good cards I only have one play set of making large group play hard haha.

I think it would lend itself well to a deck building game actually!

The game does well with house rules so I am sure we could all work something out to make it happen.

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

11 Jun 2016, 18:48 #7

I e-mailed http://kenmore-komics.com/ and bought up everything that he had for $200 shipped: I think that I got a decent deal, but not a bargain. Here's what I got:

Set 0:
108 different Commons with 417 total
90 different Uncommons with 356 total
58 different Rares with 144 total

Set 1:
65 different Commons with 253 total
64 different Uncommons with 201 total
31 different Rares with 69 total

Set DragonBall Z:
82 different Commons with 245 total
65 different Uncommons with 131 total
29 different Rares with 41 total
No UltraRares

There are 915 total Commons.
There are 688 total Uncommons.
There are 254 total Rares.
For a grand total of 1,857 cards.

Then, I also got this 2,500+ card lot from eBay for $207.50 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ani-Mayhem-CCG-Lot...cvip=true&rt=nc

I just got the 2 lots in yesterday, so I'm currently in the process of sorting everything out. That's why I'm looking for a nice checklist.

I don't know if you play Magic the Gathering or not, but it seems that for a 'dead' game like this, that building a 'Cube' of some sorts and/or coming up with a deck-building game rule set would make this something that would be easier to pull out and play with a play group. Either that, or simply build 4-10 different decks balanced to play against each other. That way you wouldn't need to get 10 copies of a 'great card' for every deck, as long as the decks are balanced to play against each other. Think, maybe a deck built around each different anime license, with the weaker decks getting some of the 'power cards' (even if they're from different anime) to bring them into play balance with the others.

Ani-Mayhem.com
Advanced Member
Ani-Mayhem.com
Advanced Member

12 Jun 2016, 01:21 #8

Washu's Space Time Converter came with the Tenchi Muyo in Love LD/DVD/VHS.

Armitage came with the Armitage III soundtrack.

The rest of the 0/1 series are from the in store demonstrations. I think Better Off Dead was also a magazine insert.

The DBZ cards are all inserts of unknown origin.

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

12 Jun 2016, 03:57 #9

Thats not bad, it sucks you didn't get any ultra rares but I mean it depends how much you like DBZ I guess.

Yeah that makes sense why a checklist would be useful.

A cube would be great for the game and I might actually try that. As for a large group play I try to do a theme based around something specific that way its not like power cards are always needed but when ever we play one on one competitive battles (as competitive as I guess you can be) it sucks not having 2 playsets of the power cards.

Hmmm I thought at one point I saw something on where the immortality dbz card was from but I could be wrong.

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

12 Jun 2016, 04:27 #10

Well, the ebay lot had all 5 of the foils, which, if i understand correctly are all of the ultra rares, so that's good. So far in my sorting out, I've only come across a couple of the promo cards, so I may be hurting there as far as trying to get a "master set" (one of each card) together. Looking online, it looks like most of the promo cards go for $10-20 each!? :(

What do you consider to be the 'power cards' that you wish you had an extra playset of?

Another question. One of the few promo cards I've come across so far is the Pioneer LDC haven. It has green on the back instead of purple. Is this correct? And if so, which cards have different backs? I'm planning on sleeving up the cards when playing the game, and sleeving in clear sleeves might make a difference.