Complete List of all of the Ani-Mayhem promo cards

History of the game.

Complete List of all of the Ani-Mayhem promo cards

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

16 Jun 2016, 14:37 #1

So, in discussing the 32 promo cards of Ani-Mayhem, it seems that a complete list with information concerning where/how they were released to the public would be nice to have, so I'll go ahead and start up the thread, hoping that this information can be gathered.

Alielle -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997)
Alliance -  
Armitage -  came in a CD soundtrack for Armitage III
Armitage's Gun -  
Better Off Dead -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997); may have also came in Inquest magazine? - maybe #17 or #27 ???
Broken Bonds -  
Confusion/Voyeur -  
Don't Touch -  
Final Stand -  came in Scrye magazine #4.4 (Nov 97) - one card, but there were multiple different ones
Frozen -  came in Scrye magazine # ???
Furry Eyes -  
Galus -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997)
Gohan's Dragon Ball -  
Happy Ending -  
I Like to Watch -  
Immortality -  
Interdimensional Teleport -  
Kids These Days -  came in Inquest magazine #33 (January 1998)
Mind Scanner -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997)
Motorcycle Getaway -  
Pioneer LDC - Mars -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997)
Plotting -  
Polic Reinforcements -  
Power Pole -  came in Scrye magazine #4.4 (Nov 97) - one card, but there were multiple different ones
Priss' Trailer -  
Puppet Bomb -  
Reference Books -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997)
Satellite Observation -  
Sudden Recall -  one of many different promos which came in Scrye magazine #21 (also known as #4.3) (August 1997)
Washu's Space Time Converter -  came in the movie "Tenchi Muyo in Love" LD/VHS/DVD
Yajirobe's Hog -  were passed out at Suncoast video stores as promos for people who bought packs
Yosho Masaki -

Can anyone else give more information and or confirm what is up?
Last edited by Bardoly on 31 Jan 2018, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

17 Jun 2016, 16:17 #2

Great idea for a post! I will do some hunting but they only promos I have I bought off eBay so Idk where they came from.

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

30 Jun 2016, 18:00 #3

Well, I dug up a little information.

This webpage indicates that there were several different promo cards issued with Scrye Magazine #21 (also known as issue # 4.3) which was released in August 1997. The author indicates that these were demo cards, so maybe this is where the demo card set came from? He also indicates that there was only one promo card per issue, but that there were several (maybe 8 or more) different promo cards available, so he mentioned his possibly purchasing multiple copies of this issue so as to be able to have all of the different promo cards. Unfortunately, he only mentions one of theses available promo cards by name - Better Off Dead. If anyone else can help 'flesh out' the list of available promos with this magazine, then please enlighten us.

This webpage shows the front cover of the aforementioned Scrye magazine # 4.3, and it has a small Dragonball Z Ani-Mayhem clip on the lower right of the cover.

*Edit: After some more digging, I discovered that Scrye magazine issue #15 (July 1996) did have an article about Ani-Mayhem, although I do not know if it included a promo card or not. I would like to see scans of the pertinent pages.

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

01 Jul 2016, 00:05 #4

Fantastic find!!

The Duelist TCG magazine also had ani-mayhem covered in at least one magazine.

I need to find which issue it was. I don't know if that came with any promo cards however.

Number 21 covered DBZ they did do promos for other games but Idk if they did it for ani-mayhem.

TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member
TeamCardBoard
Advanced Member

03 Jul 2016, 19:30 #5

Scratch that even though they did cover the DBZ Ani-Mayhem set the promo card that issue was an MTG dragon. Perhaps they covered an earlier set and that had a card?

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

03 Jul 2016, 19:43 #6

I'm not sure, but I would like to find out.

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

14 Jul 2016, 20:25 #7

Does anyone know how 'rare' the Set O and Set 2 character chit cards were/are? Were they randomly inserted in packs? Same rarity as rares? Only found in starter decks? Any information would be useful. One listing on eBay has them listed as promo cards, but that can't be true. I do know that I only have a couple of each out of a couple thousand cards. Maybe they were common, but most people threw them away?

Ani-Mayhem.com
Advanced Member
Ani-Mayhem.com
Advanced Member

15 Jul 2016, 02:26 #8

Chit cards are fixed one per starter deck. also random inserts in set zero. I've had a few sealed booster boxes with 15 chits each.

Bardoly
Advanced Member
Bardoly
Advanced Member

27 Jul 2016, 16:26 #9

Ani-Mayhem.com @ Jul 14 2016, 09:26 PM wrote: Chit cards are fixed one per starter deck. also random inserts in set zero. I've had a few sealed booster boxes with 15 chits each.

Thanks for this information!

Can you also help any with the first post listing of the promo cards' origins/method of release?

Ani-Mayhem.com
Advanced Member
Ani-Mayhem.com
Advanced Member

28 Jul 2016, 02:44 #10

Power Pole - Scrye
Yajirobe's Hog - Suncoast
Frozen - Scrye
Final Stand - Scrye

from am_cards02.txt