Information: We've disabled invisionfree/tapatalk forums. www.aof-clan.com is the new home, reset your passwords

What is everyone up to these days?

IrishDragon
The IrishDragon of posting =P

April 23rd, 2017, 12:24 am #1

Hey guys,

Just wondering what everyone is up to these days?

Myself:

I moved from Finland to Germany for about 3 months in the summer, then I moved back to Connecticut with my girlfriend, then fiance, and now Wife. She is working as a Post Doc at Yale. I am currently working in IT at an MSP. The hours are terrible (at least when compared to my old 8-4 shift in Finland), I work from 8:30am-5:30pm with 1 week being on call every month and a half, I leave for work at 7:50am every morning, I get home around 6:15PM every night, by then I am exhausted. We try going to the gym, but it is hard to drag ourselves out the door. We have to drive everywhere interesting despite living in a city. And for fun, I do still play ice hockey as a goalie for several teams, but it is a 2.5-3 hour process of packing, driving, playing, packing, showering, driving, unpacking, spraying down with alcohol, and finally resting. So free time is few and far between.

As for gaming:

I was botting SROR, now I just occasionally log in to try my luck at a daily quest to gain higher quality gear.

I was playing some SWTOR, I maxed out a character at lvl 50, maybe that exp accumulates and will jack me up a few levels if I was to buy an expansion. Started up my other character but got distracted.

Was looking into GTA V for when it goes on sale.

Also have 4 Star Wars flight sim games .... X-wing vs Tie, Tie fighter, X-wing alliance, x-wing special, if anyone is ever interested in co-op or team beat downs (give me advanced notice to obtain a joystick)

Other than that, life is full and fulfilling.

I hope you all are enjoying life and I hope enough of you find the time to jump on the forums now and then to keep us updated.

You all helped build AoF, and in hindsight... Josh... Novus, Inyu, I am sorry my friend. I should have released more control over the clan's assets to you for moderation. I hope you can forgive a silly old newt.

Keep us posted on how everything is going everyone!

~IrishDragon
Starwarsgeek

17458343_10154916562865272_6446607169231607593_n.jpg
17458343_10154916562865272_6446607169231607593_n.jpg

Savtrian
A forum Youngling

April 24th, 2017, 10:06 pm #2

I've been busy with school and house remodeling but hoping to get back to SWTOR soon for when we get the guild going again. I have also been working on my YouTube channel a lot since last year and have gotten to 42 subscribers in less than three months, so playing with my friends on PS4 has taken time out from trying to get on SWTOR. I'm working on some personal projects also along with more custom SW and other brand figures. I got War frame for PS4 but it turned out I can't transfer my account over to it. Got a Comic Convention coming four days after my birthday in June so I'm excited for that. Other than those, nothing all too new with me, but I'm glad things are going well for you ID!

IrishDragon
The IrishDragon of posting =P

May 24th, 2017, 11:40 pm #3

Just purchased GTA V on steam

Savtrian
A forum Youngling

May 28th, 2017, 12:10 am #4

Nice. I got Injustice 2 for my birthday

Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting
Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting

September 11th, 2017, 8:21 pm #5

I'm currently working in a company that sells trading software to banks and fund management firms as an engineer. I went out and decided to learn how to fight with real swords and have joined a HEMA class which deals with a treatise from the 1400s by a chap called Fiore Dei Liberi, covering wrestling, dagger, longsword in one and two hands, all the way up to pollax and spear and fighting on horseback (we don't tend to do that bit ).

I'm also in two bands, one of which I parade around in a silly mask in looking like some kind of gimp / space pirate hybrid.

I keep popping on the server in the vain hope that someone might be going for a wander down memory lane as well. I miss you guys. A good chunk of my years were spent on jka on our server and it's a shame that the resurgence of star wars movies hasn't reawoken jka! If anyone ever wants to have a few duels or just sit on the server using it like a chat room again some time, hit me up on steam. Same name!

Kodin
A Jedi Knight of Posting

September 20th, 2017, 12:54 am #6

Yeah, Verl! Sometimes I pop on to see if anyone else is there too. I would love to spend some time on the server with all of you again!

I miss my friends. (Worse_show_ever)

Savtrian
A forum Youngling

September 21st, 2017, 3:09 am #7

Hey, people are showing up again. I finally got my internet fixed and can finally play SWTOR. I might try to look into JKA later on as well. Anyone heard from the other SWTOR members like Novus, Hawkrion, or Vorus? I haven't seen anyone since being made guild leader.

Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting
Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting

September 22nd, 2017, 12:18 am #8

KODFISH. Put your child down and give me a prod on steam some time

Kodin
A Jedi Knight of Posting

September 22nd, 2017, 2:00 am #9

I'm actually not entirely sure who is who on my steam. everyone uses different names. lol

Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting
Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting

September 22nd, 2017, 3:36 pm #10

Mine is the same as it ever was, so if Verlathor isn't on your list, I'm not on your list!