Information: We've disabled invisionfree/tapatalk forums. www.aof-clan.com is the new home, reset your passwords

The Casting Room: Star Wars O.T. #1

Doctor Yoshi
A forum Youngling

10:22 PM - Jul 19, 2013 #1

Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to the very first of a series of discussion posts to come relating to everyone's favorite topic in the whole world...
Throughout this series of discussions, we will be stepping into the role of a Hollywood casting director and finding raw, natural talent among today's hottest (or nottest) rising stars (<- get it? "star" wars? *rimshot*) to cast as in the position of classic Star Wars characters. The goal is to create the most entertaining, powerful and emotional cast that would fit in perfectly with the Star Wars universe, if the Original Trilogy were being filmed today.

To participate, reply with your choice of celebrity who you think would fill the posted role perfectly. Please include: Name of the actor, a picture, a short background of their previous roles, and why you think that their skills would perfectly fit the character in question.

With no further adieu, I present your first Star Wars legacy to be re-cast:

Gran Moff Tarkin

Doctor Yoshi
A forum Youngling

10:34 PM - Jul 19, 2013 #2

As comrade and friend to Vader, this cold calculated military leader has been a strong influence in the formation of the Empire since his appearance at the head of the clone army in The Clone Wars animated series. He's willing to sacrifice anything to reach his end goal, including the lives of billions of innocents. Who dares to fill his shoes? Well, I say this man does:

Javier Bardem.

As the main antagonist in "No Country for Old Men" and "Skyfall", he proves to be a ruthless, brutal and calculated criminal mastermind. With a strong poise and looming presence, he would be a perfect supplement to the character of Gran Moff Tarkin.

IrishDragon
The IrishDragon of posting =P

5:39 AM - Jul 22, 2013 #3

Often casted as a calculating, evil, and even lightly humorous mastermind whose voice commands respect from the lowliest captain up to and including our dearest Darth Vader...

This man is no other than...

I challenge you not to read this in his voice..

"You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time: *Where* is the rebel base? "

Valyrian
A Padawan of posting
Valyrian
A Padawan of posting

1:11 PM - Jul 22, 2013 #4

Perfect casting choice lol